EVGA

RMA and Warranty shipping procedure

Author
Yugoslavia
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/18 21:07:41 (permalink)
Hello, I had finally my RMA approval after many days to correct the graphic card ownership situation, however, while trying to send the card with air courier I faced many complications like,
1- What value to mention on the Proforma invoice! shall I write a small amount to avoid customs clearance or write a real card value? in this case, a high value may stop the shipment at German customs for high customs fees! I ended up writing a small amount and add some information on the invoice in Turkish to say that this product is going for a warranty and may be repaired or replaced. ( in English I wrote the same and stick it on the box )
2- What to select the reason for sending the shipment, there were 2 options from the system to select Sample or Return for Repair, on the phone, a DHL representative advised me to select Sample but I ended up selecting a return for repair.

now shipment arrived in Germany and last tracking information says, 
Saturday
19. June 202104:51 Local time  |  Clearance eventLEIPZIG - GERMANFurther Detail
Declared as Repair and Return which requires specific customs processing, including serial numbers and other proof of status

Next Step
The status will be updated following further customs processing. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further information is required.

Do I have to worry? did I select the correct information? 

4 Replies Related Threads

Yugoslavia
    Re: RMA and Warranty shipping procedure 2021/06/20 09:58:22 (permalink)
    Up...
    Yugoslavia
    Re: RMA and Warranty shipping procedure 2021/06/21 07:38:30 (permalink)
    I think that my post is the only one that did not take any attention to get any helpful feedback :), i connected EVGA and they informed me that RMA dep will contact the DHL customs, Called DHL at the end of the day but no answers from the importer they said.

Any idea how long that could take?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA and Warranty shipping procedure 2021/06/21 08:21:37 (permalink)
    You will absolutely write the correct value of the card, or it could cause severe delays at customs. You will also need to list that the item is being shipped for RMA.

You should always say return for repair, because that is what it is.
    Yugoslavia
    Re: RMA and Warranty shipping procedure 2021/06/21 08:36:35 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for your feedback, 

I would like to share what I did and thanks for your advice and further assistance,

I already selected return for Repair in the reasons to send the package among, gift, sample commercial, etc.
    I wrote on the box im both languages Turkish and English that this card sent for repair or replacement. ( maybe it's covered by DHL tracking stickers ) im not sure
    Remarks or description section on the invoice, I wrote them in Turkish only ( as the DHL website was in Turkish ) I described that the GPU sent for repair or replacement etc. in Turkish.
    unfortenatly I mentioned a small amount like 35 EUR, im not experienced but I just didn't want EVGA to pay for import customs fees.

As EVGA instructions I printed the EVGA QR sent by email with the approval and stuck it on all 4 sides of the box.

Seams I did mistakes with the docuemtns but, the instructions for sending by EVGA were not clear enough, and as an individual consumer not commercial I had no idea for such customs stuff.

Any suggestions to fix the situation?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile