EVGA

Hot!NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working

Author
maddick19
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2021/06/17 16:06:04 (permalink)
I have tried several different mics and three different driver versions. Nothing seems to work. Perhaps the port is busted? In what manner do I continue here? Is there an RMA process?

8 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2021/06/18 12:20:46 (permalink)

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

maddick19
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2021/06/18 16:29:58 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Contact EVGA directly.
    https://www.evga.com/support/custsupp.asp

Thank you. I will report back with how things shake loose.
    NeMeSiS187
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2021/06/21 13:28:41 (permalink)
    Hi there,

I had this issue as well. The solution for me is to open the Nu Audio Pro App, switch the Mic Boost up and then back down and the microphone switches on. Also, it might be worth checking that your sample rate is set to the same as it is in your Windows Microphone Properties as I've seen people have that fix the issue for them as well. Let me know if this works. I'm curious if others have this issue as well and if there's a workaround. It's annoying to have to do every time I boot up my computer but I've gotten used to it.
    maddick19
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2021/06/26 18:31:00 (permalink)
    NeMeSiS187
    Hi there,

I had this issue as well. The solution for me is to open the Nu Audio Pro App, switch the Mic Boost up and then back down and the microphone switches on. Also, it might be worth checking that your sample rate is set to the same as it is in your Windows Microphone Properties as I've seen people have that fix the issue for them as well. Let me know if this works. I'm curious if others have this issue as well and if there's a workaround. It's annoying to have to do every time I boot up my computer but I've gotten used to it.

That worked once or twice then stopped working as solution (opening the EVGA provided software then fiddling with mic boost). What has worked each and every time now is opening the Windows Sound Devices window. While that window is up, the mic works. AS SOON as that window is closed the mic stops working. It's as though if windows is watching the mic things work.

post edited by maddick19 - 2021/06/26 18:32:11

Attached Image(s)

maddick19
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2021/06/26 22:28:39 (permalink)
    Okay, for anyone else facing this issue, I changed the sample rate in the EVGA provided software to 24bit 96000 and things are working fine now. Going above this value seems to stop the mic from working. It is unclear to me if this is because of the card or the mic but things now work.

EDIT:
    So additional to the settings above, when my computer comes back from sleep the mic won't work. If I happen to adjust the mic boost it wakes back up. Something else to keep in your back pocket.
    post edited by maddick19 - 2021/06/27 09:07:53
    ZachSka87
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2023/04/13 20:30:56 (permalink)
    maddick19

That worked once or twice then stopped working as solution (opening the EVGA provided software then fiddling with mic boost). What has worked each and every time now is opening the Windows Sound Devices window. While that window is up, the mic works. AS SOON as that window is closed the mic stops working. It's as though if windows is watching the mic things work.

This is the same behavior for me.  The mic works in my onboard sound card, but when plugged into the NU Audio card it ONLY works when I have the Windows Sound Settings open.  As soon as they close the mic dies.  Sooo frustrating because the mic sounds much better in the NU Audio card.  I set the sample rate the same in app and in Windows but it didn't make a difference...as soon as the Windows sound settings close, the mic dies completely.

BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2023/04/17 11:18:03 (permalink)
    maddick19
    Okay, for anyone else facing this issue, I changed the sample rate in the EVGA provided software to 24bit 96000 and things are working fine now. Going above this value seems to stop the mic from working. It is unclear to me if this is because of the card or the mic but things now work.

EDIT:
    So additional to the settings above, when my computer comes back from sleep the mic won't work. If I happen to adjust the mic boost it wakes back up. Something else to keep in your back pocket.

The Nu Audio software itself will warn you that over a certain bitness/rate setting, the mic is disabled.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: NU Audio Pro Mic Port Not Working 2023/05/15 11:21:17 (permalink)
    Resurrecting this thread slightly: A few days ago, I wiped the 1.0.3 Nu Audio Pro drivers clean and installed the beta 1.0.3.2 application (the drivers are the same in both packages, but I still installed it as a package) that fixed the lighting issue, but now I'm having the same problem with the mic, in that I need to change the mic boost setting to get it to work after a startup/restart of the system. It doesn't matter where I leave the mic boost setting or where I leave the quality setting (up to 192KHz, mic is disabled for anything higher) before a restart/startup. I cleanly reverted back to the 1.0.3 released drivers and I have the same issue, whereas I've never had that issue with those drivers before. 

In my case, opening the Windows Sound Properties has no effect. I need to change the mic boost in any fashion first for it to work. 
    I did have effects enabled in the Win11 settings menu for the mic but disabling that doesn't seem to make a difference either.
    Removing the folder within the 'AppData' folder has no effect on the issue. Between driver changes, I'm using Revo Uninstaller Pro to clean the platform of all remaining traces of the previous driver.

Anyone that experienced this issue before find a solution? I'll post my Win11 OS Pro version details later, but I am on the latest version released to the Windows Insider Beta Channel.
    post edited by BizSAR - 2023/05/15 11:22:57

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile