Author
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 9
2021/06/17 08:11:55 (permalink)

Introduction

For those of you who would like to purchase an EVGA Hybrid kit for you card, you can flash the following Hybrid BIOs to turn your card into an official Hybrid Card.

Why Would I want to do such a thing?

• The Hybrid kid will function if you option to assemble it together without flashing the BIOs
  • Flashing the Hybrid BIOs will give you better control of your fans
    • Without the BIOs, your card still thinks it has a heatsink and three fans set to a different RPM
    • Flashing the BIOs will correct the fan controls, Fan#1 to the shroud fan and Fan#2 to your radiator fans
  • Flashing the BIOs will also give you correct RGB controls for your Hybrid light bar
    • The RGB light bar and Hybrid light bar are not exactly the same
  • By flashing this bios, Precision X1 will see your card as a Hybrid and will have the right fan controls, see image below

How do I flash the BIOs? 

It's quite simple, you download the following Zip Folder from EVGA, extract it, and then run the program.
  1. If your card BIOs switch is set to normal, flash the file that says "Norm"
  2. If your card BIOs switch is set to OC, flash the file that says "OC"
  3. When you open the BIOs flashing program, the directions are self explanatory in the CMD window that pops up
    1. Hint: Type "y" then hit enter. Type "y" and hit enter again
  4. You're done
The BIOS Downlaods:

What if I want to return my card back to normal? 

Follow the same steps from Flashing your bios but use the following links here:

post edited by KingEngineRevUp - 2021/06/22 21:13:25

Attached Image(s)

27 Replies Related Threads

TechLauren
    • Total Posts : 25
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 09:26:36 (permalink)
    If I install a waterblock on a 3070 Ti is there a bios for that? Assuming you use the hybrid bios for full coverage custom loop?
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 10:15:21 (permalink)
    TechLauren
    If I install a waterblock on a 3070 Ti is there a bios for that? Assuming you use the hybrid bios for full coverage custom loop?

If you install a waterblock on a GPU, you don't need a bios for it unless if they release a higher power one. You'll be controlling the fans by other means. 

If you are using EVGA's waterblocks, you'll probably want the BIOs, but I don't think EVGA makes one for your card. 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 16:33:20 (permalink)
    The reason this isn’t pinned is because it isn’t needed for the kit to function. If a vbios update was needed for the kit to function then the install instructions would say that a vbios update is needed, and would tell you how to do so, but the installation guide that comes with the kit doesn’t say any such thing because it isn’t necessary. As long as the card with the kit installed runs your programs without stability issues, doesn’t get hot, and the advertised performance is there then a vbios update isn’t necessary.

You may get better control with a vbios update, and precision x1 will see the card as hybrid when you install another vbios, but that doesn’t mean a vbios update is required when you install the kit onto your card.
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 17:16:06 (permalink)
    Sajin
    You may get better control with a vbios update, and precision x1 will see the card as hybrid when you install another vbios, but that doesn’t mean a vbios update is required when you install the kit onto your card.

A GPU doesn't control fans like the motherboard, it doesn't do "percent," it goes off of RPMs. For example, if I flash a bios from another card, my fan can only spin the fans at their max RPMs based off of that BIOs. 

The FTW3 normal heatsink fans spin at 3000 RPMs, the Hybrid does not, those fans spin like at 2000 RPM, therefore setting up a fan profile is more difficult and annoying. You have to do mathematics to get your fan profile like you want it. 

And also, the RGB doesn't get controlled right, the light bar on the FTW3 has a different number of LEDs than the hybrid does. Some effects just don't work like they should. 

I understand what you're saying, your card isn't going to die without the bios, but again it doesn't function like a hybrid card without it. It thinks it's a FTW3 heatsink card and is trying to control itself like one when it's not. 

It would be nice to pin an official post so people are aware of this. Another user thought the same way you did till I had them flash the bios, then they mind was blown away with how much better their card functioned. 

Just saying, it's food for thought. 
    ipaine
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 307
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 17:17:04 (permalink)
    Sajin
    The reason this isn’t pinned is because it isn’t needed for the kit to function. If a vbios update was needed for the kit to function then the install instructions would say that a vbios update is needed, and would tell you how to do so, but the installation guide that comes with the kit doesn’t say any such thing because it isn’t necessary. As long as the card with the kit installed runs your programs without stability issues, doesn’t get hot, and the advertised performance is there then a vbios update isn’t necessary.

It may not be needed, but it does make it function as it should. 

It should be included in the instructions as an option for those that want to control it as a proper hybrid card.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 17:21:44 (permalink)
    ipaine
    Sajin

It should be included in the instructions as an option for those that want to control it as a proper hybrid card.

It definitely improves functionality, but isn’t necessary.

I agree.
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 17:24:09 (permalink)
    Sajin
    ipaine
    Sajin

It definitely improves functionality, but isn’t necessary.

I agree.

I hope you saw my reply above and would reconsider pinning or making your own official post and pinning it. 

Right now there is NO WAY of anyone easily finding this kind of information anywhere. It's not on EVGA website that their fan profile won't work correctly and the RGB on their kit won't work correctly. 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 17:27:18 (permalink)
    Decided to pin the thread just in case someone wants to do so with their card. 👍

Please put in how to convert your card in the main post, or the thread will be unpinned.
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 18:29:48 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Decided to pin the thread just in case someone wants to do so with their card. 👍

Please put in how to convert your card in the main post, or the thread will be unpinned.

Okay, I will update the post tonight and add the 3080 Ti link I got from EVGA
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 20:41:40 (permalink)
    👍
    Andrewandrew213
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 22:30:28 (permalink)
    Any news for a 3080ti XC3 hybrid bios? I have a 3080ti xc3 hydro copper and im waiting for the bios so I can mount my Hybrid kit to it! But no one has uploaded it so far
    Endworld
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 148
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 23:10:19 (permalink)
    Just for clarity as I'm about to install the Hybrid kit in the next day or two for my 3080 FTW: Does the Hybrid OC BIOS have resizable bar and the 450w cap implemented? I didn't see it stated, and while I assume it does, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for any feedback!
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/22 23:40:45 (permalink)
    Endworld
    Just for clarity as I'm about to install the Hybrid kit in the next day or two for my 3080 FTW: Does the Hybrid OC BIOS have resizable bar and the 450w cap implemented? I didn't see it stated, and while I assume it does, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for any feedback!

That is handled in firmware with Precision X1, not the BIOs.

Andrewandrew213
    Any news for a 3080ti XC3 hybrid bios? I have a 3080ti xc3 hydro copper and im waiting for the bios so I can mount my Hybrid kit to it! But no one has uploaded it so far

Did you e-mail 3090OC@EVGA.com like I recommended?
    Endworld
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 148
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/23 02:03:02 (permalink)
    KingEngineRevUp
    Endworld

Okay, thank you! I'll just flash the proper BIOS and I'm all set then.
    Andrewandrew213
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/23 06:14:17 (permalink)
    KingEngineRevUp
    Endworld

Andrewandrew213

Did you e-mail  like I recommended?

Yes waiting on a reply
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/23 17:33:36 (permalink)
    I've unstickied the thread.  I greatly appreciate the effort, but there are a lot of BIOS files left out, and a lot of information that I think is really important for people to read before flashing different BIOS versions.  Not the OP's fault for some of that, but the replacement thread has more information here:  https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-30-Series-HYBRIDXOCDefault-BIOS-Thread-m3407542.aspx
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/24 11:42:40 (permalink)
    Andrewandrew213
    KingEngineRevUp
    Endworld

Andrewandrew213

Did you e-mail  like I recommended?

Yes waiting on a reply

Hey Andrew, did you see the new sticky thread? The BIOs are up for you. 

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-30-Series-HYBRIDXOCDefault-BIOS-Thread-m3407542.aspx

From original 3080 Ti FTW3/XC3 cards - includes ReBAR - to:

close
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Default BIOS override BIOS
    These BIOS are essentially the means to flash back to your original card.  Maybe you took off your HYBRID cooler to go back to air, etc.; these BIOS versions will flash your card back to your previous model. Again, please confirm which card you have before flashing:

Flash to the stock BIOS version of the FTW3 and XC3 based cards:

close
    kring
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 274
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/25 04:06:47 (permalink)
    Appreciate you consolidating the BIOS situation since EVGA can’t simply share BIOS files on their support site (mind blowing) and there are so many bad and broken bios linked to across the forums.

Just a word of caution that all the 3090 HYBRID BIOS’s are broken, you can’t control your fan below 35% on they HYBRID, so if you want full proper fan control you need to stick with the AIR cooled bios versions.  Another issues with the 3090 OC BIOS files is that they default the fan to 100% unless you over-ride it with software.

7 months now and we have yet to see a working set of 3090 HYBRID BIOS files that run at 500W, default to a normal stock fan level, and allow fan control below 35%.  I’ve been working with support for 4 months and three times now they tell me It’s fixed and send me a new BIOS, which I believe them and flash it, only to find out it’s the same old broken BIOS number.
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/06/25 10:44:02 (permalink)
    kring
    Appreciate you consolidating the BIOS situation since EVGA can’t simply share BIOS files on their support site (mind blowing) and there are so many bad and broken bios linked to across the forums.

Just a word of caution that all the 3090 HYBRID BIOS’s are broken, you can’t control your fan below 35% on they HYBRID, so if you want full proper fan control you need to stick with the AIR cooled bios versions.  Another issues with the 3090 OC BIOS files is that they default the fan to 100% unless you over-ride it with software.

7 months now and we have yet to see a working set of 3090 HYBRID BIOS files that run at 500W, default to a normal stock fan level, and allow fan control below 35%.  I’ve been working with support for 4 months and three times now they tell me It’s fixed and send me a new BIOS, which I believe them and flash it, only to find out it’s the same old broken BIOS number.

You should e-mail 3090OC@EVGA.Com and let them know about this. 
    megahurtz666
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/11/11 17:11:43 (permalink)
    Thank King for this guide and tool. I've used it to flash my 3080 Ti FTW3 and everything went fine. I was wondering, PrecisionX shows that there's an update for the Vbios but when I try to update, Nvflash gives me "Access Denied" Error. 
    Edit: Found it. My antivirus was blocking it.
    post edited by megahurtz666 - 2021/11/12 13:02:58
    erkansus2
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/11/14 12:22:50 (permalink)
    hey, sorry to somewhat necro this thread, do the hybrid XOC bios have re-bar enabled? the pinned post on the forum, is missing a lot of these files

I have a 3080 ftw3 non-lhr that I flashed the XOC bios to, and recently upgraded to the hybrid cooler but do not want to lose the increased power limit or re-bar

thank you so much!
    erkansus2
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/11/14 12:26:27 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    I've unstickied the thread.  I greatly appreciate the effort, but there are a lot of BIOS files left out, and a lot of information that I think is really important for people to read before flashing different BIOS versions.  Not the OP's fault for some of that, but the replacement thread has more information here:  https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-30-Series-HYBRIDXOCDefault-BIOS-Thread-m3407542.aspx

Hey Lee,

does a 3080 ftw3 non-lhr Hybrid XOC bios exist? I do not see one on the stickied thread :(
    vanhoud
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/11/14 15:59:20 (permalink)
    I have my hybrid kit in hand and decided to flash the HYBRID bios for my 3080Ti FTW 3 ULTRA (3968_ovu.zip) before doing my install. Once the bios was flashed, I rebooted to make sure everything was good before installing the Hybrid Kit. To my surprise, I have zero video out on the card now. Fastboot is disabled in BIOS and so is CSM. I also reset my motherboard BIOS just incase and this did not resolve it. Thankfully, i was able to use the switch and revert to the old BIOS and everything is fine. 
    Any idea on why this happened? Is there any way to flash the stock bios onto the other bios chip? I obviously cant boot with it to flash it the traditional way. Im hesitant to flash another bios now since i effectively only have one working one left.  Thank You.
    post edited by vanhoud - 2021/11/14 16:00:56
    talon951
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2021/11/14 16:44:44 (permalink)
    Best way is to boot from a 2nd display adapter and flash it again with the bios switch in that position. Be careful with that though. At least some of the cards will not switch the bios if you flip the switch while powered off. It takes a 2nd warm boot to switch.

The only other way that may work if you don't have a 2nd adapter might be to flip the switch while in Windows. I *think* that will actually switch the bios on the card so you could reflash. BUT I'm not 100% sure of that. Definitely need to confirm before trying.

You should contact EVGA support to see if they can step you through one of those procedures.
    mccockrell
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2022/01/16 17:12:05 (permalink)
    Thanks very much! I just added an evga hybrid kit to my new 3080ti ftw3 (msi meg ace x570 mobo, so no fast boot options) and easily updated the firmware to the hybrid release you posted here. After a quick reboot, Resizable bar was available for me to enable in mobo bios, Precision x1 saw the card correctly and proceeded to update to the newest hybrid firmware release.  Everything looks the way it should. Thanks for this to-the-point and helpful post! I had looked for almost a year trying to get a stock hybrid card, but that never happened, sadly. At least I was able to get the ftw3 version and the kit to make one. The bios flash was the easy part thanks to you. Cheers!
    post edited by mccockrell - 2022/01/16 17:24:48
    Shaun6479
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2022/03/10 06:30:34 (permalink)
    Is there a hybrid bios for 3080 ftw3 ultra lhr ?
    justice002
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: 30 series Hybrid Bios conversion for those that install the kit 2022/07/22 23:06:20 (permalink)
    So, which one am I supposed to download, the 3898 version that is on this thread or the 4898 version in the main BIOS thread?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile