EVGA

How to keep a sketchy frankenstein GTX 1070 Ti running?

Author
Clippy
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/14 13:39:56 (permalink)
Hi. I'm new here. I just went through an interesting saga where my GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 which I use for gaming and mining was randomly dead when I came home one night. By dead I mean no video output but only 1 fan was running at what seemed like 100% power. I unplugged it and left it powered off overnight, but when I started the PC the next day, same result. Onboard graphics worked fine, but the GPU gave no output. I even took the GPU over to a friend and plugged it into his computer only to see the same result. I thought it had died for sure. But in a moment of frustration, I just was fidgeting around with the GPU in the case, and unplugged plugged in the 8 pin power connectors - with the PSU still powered on. I saw sparks and was sure I fried everything. But moments later the PC automatically restarted, and lo and behold, the card was putting out video! The GPU seems to be working fine now, but I'm really nervous about letting it continue to run, lest the same thing happen. Does anyone know what on earth could've caused this to happen on my GPU, and what I can do to help make sure my GPU keeps on running in the future? Thanks!

My PC:
Dell Vostro 460 Mobo
Corsair TX650M PSU
i7 2600
GTX 1070 Ti
20 GB DDR3 RAM (2x8 + 2x2)

1 Reply Related Threads

oligandia
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: How to keep a sketchy frankenstein GTX 1070 Ti running? 2021/06/14 17:36:53 (permalink)
    Recuerdo mi 1070 ti, que buena gráfica y cuantas alegrías me dio. Saludos amigo
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile