EVGA

EVGA GT - What cables are compatible?

Author
nighthawkrmx
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2021/06/12 12:22:24 (permalink)
Hello, I recently got a Bstock GT 650 for use in my NAS. For whatever reason, the PSU came with a random assortment of cables. Some marked G+, some marked G3, one marked GA, one marked B5. The included SATA cable marked G+ has very very short spacing between the SATA connectors preventing me from plugging in all of my drives.

I have some other modular cables from EVGA PSUs lying around, and the spacing seems superior. They are labeled BQ, BQ-B, and GQ. Each one seems to have a different pinout judging by the fact the "missing" pin is in a different location on the 6 pin end of each connector.

Are any of these compatible with the GT650?
post edited by nighthawkrmx - 2021/06/12 12:29:35

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AnthonyS
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 149
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA GT - What cables are compatible? 2021/06/12 14:09:17 (permalink)
    For a GT power supply, only the GT Motherboard cable would work with the GT power supply. The CPU and VGA cables are compatible with all the units you listed. You'll want to use any of the SATA/Perif cables that are not labeled BQ, BQ-B, or GQ as the pin layout is different. Other than that, you should be good to go.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    nighthawkrmx
    Re: EVGA GT - What cables are compatible? 2021/06/12 14:54:57 (permalink)
    Any clue why I was not given the correct "GT" cables for the unit? I get its bstock, but I would think if a unit was returned with missing cables EVGA would put the appropriate cables in the box when reselling it, and not a random selection of supposedly compatible ones. Every modular unit i have had before bstock has had the correct cables. 

My main issue is the cable labeled G+ that came with the unit doesn't have near the distance between the sata cables as say the BQ cable, so it cant work with my system. But I guess I need custom cables or something since I can't use the other cables I have spare.
    nighthawkrmx
    Re: EVGA GT - What cables are compatible? 2021/06/12 15:11:48 (permalink)
    EVGATech_AnthonyS
    For a GT power supply, only the GT Motherboard cable would work with the GT power supply. The CPU and VGA cables are compatible with all the units you listed. You'll want to use any of the SATA/Perif cables that are not labeled BQ, BQ-B, or GQ as the pin layout is different. Other than that, you should be good to go.

It didn't come with the GT motherboard cable that you are saying is the only one that will work. Here is what it came with:

ATX 24pin: B5
    Sata (x2): G+
    CPU: G+
    Periph: GA
    VGA: G+, G3

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile