Nu Audio loudness bursts and sfx distortions

Author
ForteNoir
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/11 01:23:53 (permalink)
Hello there,

My recently-installed Nu Audio card is having two strange issues that my old Audigy FX never had; When clicking into and out of folders in Windows, the Start Navigation SFX doesn't play properly. It sounds like a short chirp, and it doesn't play properly unless you repeatedly click through folders or repeatedly click the Test button in the Windows 10 Sounds CP. Sometimes, even these don't fix it or cause it to play back properly.

Additionally, when using iTunes for music playback, if at any point I pause the playback, then start it again, there is a few-milliseconds-long burst of loudness when playback resumes. I cannot duplicate this issue with Foobar2000 using the same .MP3s, so I'm assuming it's an iTunes issue, but this never happened with my old Audigy FX.

What information/screenshots/data does someone need in order to help me do diagnostics on this? I can provide anything that's necessary. At the very least, I'm running Nu Audio driver v0.2.1.14 (the 2020 release posted here), and this issue has occurred when running the card at sample rates as high as 32bit/192KHz and as low as 24bit/44.1KHz. Windows and iTunes are both set to a 24bit/44.1KHz session, matching the settings I have the Nahimic CP set to.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile