EVGA

Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 11
Author
Kuro1n
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 07:19:36 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
no i can still see a need for minable

there are plenty of scientific work that could be paid by crypto - you lease your card get paid in crypto 
thats what should become of the process - having a defi crypto currency network that is managed by itself (free of munipulation of any country) and can can be used to paid for leasing serves - whether thab be the finance system itself or other leasing programs
like [link=mailto:F@H]F@H[/link] (like curecoin) and other research projects

Another interesting aspect is that fact that people being oppressed in certain countries have a way of gaining a currency they can use outside of their home country if they decide they need to leave. I paid a bunch of venezuelans in crypto who helped me with stuff.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2233
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 11:09:51 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
what value does Gaming do???
huge waste on energy - arcades with video and pinball  run all day long burning electricity for what???

i mean i could go  on and on about useless k'rap that waste Electricity or energy for that matter

TV, lights, mass transportation (i mean we don't have to travel.... ship stuff yes but travel no)

we used to live quite fine without those things over 100 years ago

so playing a game does what for you, watching k'rap on TV does what for you?

at least mining gets you some $$$$ in your pocket - you  can use your computer, game on it and earn $$$ whats wrong with that

Gaming, we’ll do you not get some value in the play and socialization?  If not, then what is your motivation to play?  Even it is to relieve boredom, there is a value to that.  What “value” does your smartphone have?  Just because it is not a physical thing does not mean it does not have value.  Efficiency of tasks is value.  Relief of stress is value.  What value does anxiety medications have? Blood pressure medication?  Chemotherapy?

Your argument here is that because we have wasted electricity of things like TV, lighting our homes at night, street lights and whatnot, that wasting it on this exercise is okay today even though we now recognize the issues this causes with our environment and climate change.  Or are you going to say, “Well, you know what, the climate is always changing.”  Like this is not a scientific statement.  If TVs used the same electricity they did in 1960 then you might have an argument, but today you can run hundreds of TVs off the same kW of a single unit 60 years ago.

To extrapolate your argument, why do we have refrigerators in our homes, air conditioning, elevators, do I need to continue.  What do we have computers?  Maybe we should just use candles, smoke signals, carrier pigeons, since they worked so well.  Heck, let’s still barter and pay for our healthcare by giving the physician eggs or chickens.  Heck why even have MRIs and medical technology, as those clearly do not add value to you.

The further you go down this rabbit hole and you try and defend that which is not really defendable, the more desperate you seem.  If it takes this much to defend, then should it be defended?  Eventually the ”value” of defending it will not longer be there.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 11:14:50 (permalink)
Kuro1n

Another interesting aspect is that fact that people being oppressed in certain countries have a way of gaining a currency they can use outside of their home country if they decide they need to leave. I paid a bunch of venezuelans in crypto who helped me with stuff.

You argument is not accurate.  In an individual circumstance, yes, but overall no.  Actually they are more oppressed and more disadvantaged by these folks in addition to whomever is running the country or gang or whatever.  This is not a panacea.  It is exactly what is it, a bad idea by those who wish to gain something from others who are unsuspecting of it. It is a Ponzi scheme.  Please tell me how this is different than what Bernie Madoff did? Main issue will be that when it crashes, everyone holding the devalued items will not even get the pleasure of having the mastermind arrested and put in jail.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 11:25:03 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
furthermore most Mining operations in the developed world are actually green - because most people can afford to go green to feed the farm after making $$$ (expanding - solar farms -geothermal)and have a actual net green (zero carbon footprint)

This is like saying fracking is environmentally friendly.  We know better.  Even if you use solar or wind for this activity you are diverting it away from better uses.  I will give an an E for effort to defend.

Xavier Zepherious
it the poor countries that are the problem - but then again the number of people is the problem more than the mining that is causing the Coal plants in china - it's all those people needing energy - and 99.9999% don't mine

But the .00001% use almost as much if not more than the other 99.9999%.  This sounds like the wealth gap today, but with a skewed use of natural resources.  Why should these folks be allowed to waste this resource?  Why is this okay?  For some imaginary scheme that has some $$ attached to it.  Let me also say that these are still valued as USD.  Until the World starts dong everything in Butcoin, USD is the standard.  The standard is the standard.  I do not think our monetary system is without flaws or issues, but this stuff is like going back to the 1800’s, but you seem to like that time as you think none of the advancements of today have value.  Good luck running your mining rigs on candles.
Kuro1n
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 16:29:29 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
Kuro1n

You argument is not accurate.  In an individual circumstance, yes, but overall no.  Actually they are more oppressed and more disadvantaged by these folks in addition to whomever is running the country or gang or whatever.  This is not a panacea.  It is exactly what is it, a bad idea by those who wish to gain something from others who are unsuspecting of it. It is a Ponzi scheme.  Please tell me how this is different than what Bernie Madoff did? Main issue will be that when it crashes, everyone holding the devalued items will not even get the pleasure of having the mastermind arrested and put in jail.

Tf are you talking about? I was able to pay some poor guys who couldn't afford food to do some menial tasks for me. The ONLY option of payment I could manage to do was bitcoin and it took me a few minutes. Thats not a scam, thats a working system ffs. Bank transfers are still T+1 which is horrible and that is if you aren't being stopped in some way, I even got stopped from sending myself money, **** banks.
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 17:06:01 (permalink)
Kuro1n
Tf are you talking about? I was able to pay some poor guys who couldn't afford food to do some menial tasks for me. The ONLY option of payment I could manage to do was bitcoin and it took me a few minutes. Thats not a scam, thats a working system ffs. Bank transfers are still T+1 which is horrible and that is if you aren't being stopped in some way, I even got stopped from sending myself money, **** banks.

As I said in individual instances, yes. It seems your distain for banks has you willing to support criminals and exploitive behavior. Glad this one time worked out for you and then. Imagine how bad things would be with out banks. Maybe you should try Hawala. I am sure their rates are comparable to 5th/3rd, Regions or Bank of America.
phased-in
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 243
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 18:34:01 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
Kuro1n

As I said in individual instances, yes. It seems your distain for banks has you willing to support criminals and exploitive behavior. Glad this one time worked out for you and then. Imagine how bad things would be with out banks. Maybe you should try Hawala. I am sure their rates are comparable to 5th/3rd, Regions or Bank of America.

If you hadn't noticed, criminals run the banks. I don't know if crypto is the solution, but anything that decentralizes our monetary system is good.
post edited by phased-in - 2021/04/29 18:41:27

10900k @5.1 | 3080ti FE | Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula | G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 32gb | 2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 | Noctua NH-D15S | Seasonic PX-850 | Cooler Master H500 with two extra NF-A14 fans on top | My Elite Referral code
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 19:01:41 (permalink)
I am sure eventually it will crash. It’s going to take time but eventually people will question the value of it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 19:10:53 (permalink)
phased-in
If you hadn't noticed, criminals run the banks. I don't know if crypto is the solution, but anything that decentralizes our monetary system is good.

No it’s not. You may not like the current system, but decentralization is not the answer. No one has confidence in a decentralized system. Confidence is what is important not some childish opinion that everyone is a criminal because you do not like the system.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/29 22:26:48 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
Grey_Beard
This is not about decentralizaction, freedom or an other cry of those who like this stuff from the beginning.  The dollar is the World standard because of confidence.  Confidence in the fact the US government will pay and that the US economy will continue to march on.  I like the fact he called it a Ponzi scheme, as it is.  I also like, how he discussed the white elephant in the room of the impact on our carbon footprint, the abuse of rural struggling areas of the world and in the demand issue for computer equipment that will, guess what, wreck the environment when they run out their usefulness and are “disposed” of.  Can’t wait for the folks to hope on here and tell me how this is the future.  If it is, the future is a bleak place.  There is no Billionaire who would take his wealth in Butcoin over dollars.  There is no company who will pay their employees and vendors with Butcoin.  Maybe it was a good idea, but the reality is not what the “idea” was.  If financial freedom means destroying the Earth, taking advantage of the less educated places in the world and criminal behavior, then it is not that different than the mindset that got us to this point in the first place.  Greed kills.

Oh by the way, never said anything about it being news.  It’s opinion.  Most news stories, believe it or not, include the writers opinion.  I know shocking.

Just a few observations. The encroachment of crypto is a symptom of the failing health of the USD both ideologically and a lack of trust in those who guide it through policy. I don't see crypto as a healthy outcome, as its volatility is manipulated by those that not only understand it's inner mechanics, but further are able to put their own designs on it. This creates what on the outside looks like a level playing field, but internally is a pump and dump scheme for short term money grabs. The legitimacy crypto has gained tells me that those steering the ship on USD have no clue what they're doing.

Environment, carbon credits and other arguments are designed to shift monetary influence and have nothing to do with what they're talking about. They're methods of shifting perception monetarily to enrich one set of billionaire companies at the expense of others. It's a shell game for your consumables budget. That is no small chunk of money. What disgusts me most about it is people buy into the misdirection as though it's virtuous. The character flaw I dislike most about people are gullibility and misplaced trust in others that take things at face value at the expense of reason. Some people are playing monetary chess, while others think the game is checkers. Regardless of what financial game people are playing, I have a fundamental distrust of the people writing the rules for those games. Their self interest is at the detriment of everyone around them.

You hit the nail on the head Brad.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/04/30 20:27:37 (permalink)
I think this sums things up well regarding this stuff.

https://youtu.be/HaJpYjO136o
z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/01 03:59:29 (permalink)
Currency has value because people believe it has value, you can argue that green ink on paper isn't worth much, but if people believe it has value, it has value. Will people eventually stop valuing crypto? That might depend on marketing it more than any of the other factors like making sense or being reliable, who is or isn't making money, or who/what is backing it up.
Zixinus
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 165
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/01 10:53:11 (permalink)
I have doubts that the technology will ever archive its true potential good that it could archive, instead I expect that it'll be hijacked for get-rich-quick-quick financial schemes and other dodgy stuff. It certainly looks like its being used as a super stock market, where its all about market manipulation and timing getting it early and knowing when to quit. I'm sure eventually we'll see legitemate cryptocoins for something, but I'm also sure we'll see no end for sketchy stuff. Look at Chia: it's not even tradable yet, but its being hyped and already messing with storages prices and availability already as people are panic-buying storage. How much of this is wise and how much of this is manipulation, who knows?
MasterMiner
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 713
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/01 18:13:22 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
Grey_Beard
This is not about decentralizaction, freedom or an other cry of those who like this stuff from the beginning.  The dollar is the World standard because of confidence.  Confidence in the fact the US government will pay and that the US economy will continue to march on.  I like the fact he called it a Ponzi scheme, as it is.  I also like, how he discussed the white elephant in the room of the impact on our carbon footprint, the abuse of rural struggling areas of the world and in the demand issue for computer equipment that will, guess what, wreck the environment when they run out their usefulness and are “disposed” of.  Can’t wait for the folks to hope on here and tell me how this is the future.  If it is, the future is a bleak place.  There is no Billionaire who would take his wealth in Butcoin over dollars.  There is no company who will pay their employees and vendors with Butcoin.  Maybe it was a good idea, but the reality is not what the “idea” was.  If financial freedom means destroying the Earth, taking advantage of the less educated places in the world and criminal behavior, then it is not that different than the mindset that got us to this point in the first place.  Greed kills.

Oh by the way, never said anything about it being news.  It’s opinion.  Most news stories, believe it or not, include the writers opinion.  I know shocking.

Just a few observations. The encroachment of crypto is a symptom of the failing health of the USD both ideologically and a lack of trust in those who guide it through policy. I don't see crypto as a healthy outcome, as its volatility is manipulated by those that not only understand it's inner mechanics, but further are able to put their own designs on it. This creates what on the outside looks like a level playing field, but internally is a pump and dump scheme for short term money grabs. The legitimacy crypto has gained tells me that those steering the ship on USD have no clue what they're doing.

Environment, carbon credits and other arguments are designed to shift monetary influence and have nothing to do with what they're talking about. They're methods of shifting perception monetarily to enrich one set of billionaire companies at the expense of others. It's a shell game for your consumables budget. That is no small chunk of money. What disgusts me most about it is people buy into the misdirection as though it's virtuous. The character flaw I dislike most about people are gullibility and misplaced trust in others that take things at face value at the expense of reason. Some people are playing monetary chess, while others think the game is checkers. Regardless of what financial game people are playing, I have a fundamental distrust of the people writing the rules for those games. Their self interest is at the detriment of everyone around them.

++++ 100%

I used to mine. Now I compute.
MasterMiner
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 713
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/01 18:25:11 (permalink)
Grey Beard

Sorry friend but no one wants to read the same lies that can be seen and heard through the msm everyday 24/7/365.

Crypto exists because our government has failed. The USD is a fools wager. Any country that can print and buy their own currency whenever it suits them isn’t long for this world. My God… just how stupid do you thing the rest of the world is? I’m not talking about the unwashed masses - but their leadership.

The people at the top are not fools. It takes a special type of ruthlessness and cunning to run even the smallest state in a functional way.

Not even our “allies” want to choke on more USD. They’re engorged on that sugar high enough.

$2 trillion here… $3 trillions there… the bull has gone in a rampage through the china shop.

The only thing keeping *this* ponzi scheme afloat is “TINA” (There are no alternatives). That simply doesn’t last.

The universe abhors a vacuum.
post edited by MasterMiner - 2021/05/01 18:32:45

I used to mine. Now I compute.
EVGAuser145
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/02 03:21:50 (permalink)
I'm using my eyes to mine BAT. 

I know there are sites which allow you to purchase bitcoin which don't actually give you bitcoin, they take your money and say you have bitcoin but all you have is the value of the bitcoin in usd and they pocket your money and actually go buy real bitcoin.
post edited by EVGAuser145 - 2021/05/02 03:26:22
Queathel
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/05 12:12:17 (permalink)
well the biggest problem is the amount of electricity that it consumes for no benefit to humans
aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/27 10:21:09 (permalink)
Here is another great point of view article on why CRYPTO needs to go  BY- BY !!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ban-cryptocurrency-to-fight-ransomware-11621962831

Ransomware pretty much disappears without it....

Ransomware can’t succeed without cryptocurrency. The pseudonymity that crypto provides has made it the exclusive method of payment for hackers. It makes their job relatively safe and easy. There is even a new business model in which developers sell or lease ransomware, empowering malicious actors who aren’t tech-savvy themselves to receive payment quickly and securely. Before cryptocurrency, attackers had to set up shell companies to receive credit-card payments or request ransom payment in prepaid cash cards, leaving a trail in either case. It is no coincidence that ransomware attacks exploded with the emergence of cryptocurrency.

Banning anything runs counter to the American ethos, but as our experience with social media should teach us, the innovative isn’t always an unalloyed good. A sober assessment of cryptocurrency must conclude that the damage wrought by crypto-fueled ransomware vastly outweighs any benefits from cryptocurrency

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/27 13:12:33 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
Grey_Beard

Hot tamales, Brad. my reaction after reading your in your face, most brutally honest/logical response, I'd seen in this forum for years.

To the crypto miner fan boys:

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/27 15:14:58 (permalink)
if apple pay is gonna use crypto now i think it's a lost cause - it's here to stay

furthermore pay pal offered more crypto features today - meaning withdrawl is coming

anyways the current banking and currency market is a ponzi scheme

you borrow from the future to pay to people now or spend now
you borrow now hoping that more people with increase pockets down the road pay more to pay for what you want now
ie i country wants to spend more now - do i'll get more people with more $$ to pay more taxes or $$ years down the road
i(country) get paid free $$ - and others paying for me to get that $$$ at higher costs(thats if they can pay up - if the economy  tanks so does the monetary system and your dollar)

basically we are borrowing more and more from our kids futures and are grand kids, and great grandkids and great great grandkids...and so on
increasing the amount of years it will take for our offspring to pay it off every generation
making it an ever increasing debt with no forseeable way to pay it off in the future
there will be a reckoning down the road

sounds to me like ponzi

why not start paying your taxes - or increase them at least to the wealthy

at a bank - lending is the same way - and not every lender pays up
you pay interest - and are getting others to pay more - hopefully to pay for it all *they could all go belly up and the person who has $$ in bank could be in for a sad fate when the bank says they are broke
sure its insured- but 100k only... so if you are a millionaire you go for rich to poor overnight

so again the whole system is a ponzi scheme

oh you say it's back by gov??? you think they are gonna replace everything you lost??
look at the last real depression

with the amount governments owe already - any collapse will lead to complete collapse of the system, the gov and the dollar
it a ponzi scheme on the verge of a major collapse at any moment - look at the last few downturns in the economy where we had to bail out banks, companies and people

a crypto currency  IS a stab at the CURRENT BAD MONETARY POLICIES of the world

basically the world is wanting a currency not manipulated or controlled by a single country
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/05/27 15:47:58

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

OhmicFutility
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/28 00:19:34 (permalink)
I also would extend my vote in favor of its demise… or at the very least its evolution. Personally I have nothing against the concept of a decentralized algorithm.  But decentralization applied to an algorithm that relies on the concept of brute force is mathematically the most inefficient means of accomplishing that goal.  Added to its scarcity by design through periodic halving which invokes a Ponzi/pyramid structure of involvement and the result is a perfect means of speculative greed at the expense both e-waste and squandering of electric resources.
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11089
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/28 07:31:39 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
Xavier Zepherious
what value does Gaming do???
huge waste on energy - arcades with video and pinball  run all day long burning electricity for what???

i mean i could go  on and on about useless k'rap that waste Electricity or energy for that matter

TV, lights, mass transportation (i mean we don't have to travel.... ship stuff yes but travel no)

we used to live quite fine without those things over 100 years ago

so playing a game does what for you, watching k'rap on TV does what for you?

at least mining gets you some $$$$ in your pocket - you  can use your computer, game on it and earn $$$ whats wrong with that

Gaming, we’ll do you not get some value in the play and socialization?  If not, then what is your motivation to play?  Even it is to relieve boredom, there is a value to that.  What “value” does your smartphone have?  Just because it is not a physical thing does not mean it does not have value.  Efficiency of tasks is value.  Relief of stress is value.  What value does anxiety medications have? Blood pressure medication?  Chemotherapy?

I think going outside and playing with your friends would be more social and entertaining.
When I was young we actually went out side to play games. Most of the time it involved balls.
Baseballs, basketballs, tennisballs, soccerballs. We got exercise doing it, burned off some calories.
So people should turn off the computer, get off the couch and go outside and play with their balls.
If you have no balls to play with, play tag, or have foot races, go fishing, swimming, take a hike in the woods.
Sitting on the couch all day playing video games can't be good for your health. 

Gaming and miners are not the only ones who want a video card, some like to do Folding at Home & BOINC.
EVGA and Nvidia support Folding and BOINC using GPUs to find cures and other scientific research.
We would love to be able to get a new GPU as much as anyone else.
I do my Folding/BOINC for EVGA's teams, but there are Foldingcoin, curecoin and gridcoin to earn.
So you can do some good for humanity while earning some coin
Myself I am staying away from all the xxxcoins. At least for now.
At least gamers can buy a Xbox to game, they seem to be in stock.
This shortage too shall come to pass. Hang in there.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

psybako
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/28 07:48:06 (permalink)
There are certainly cryptos that have been built with the intent to function as Ponzi schemes, pump and dump, or are used as ransoms and for serving other criminal purposes. How that possibly be a relevant argument against the existence of crypto, though? All of these criminal activities existed long before crypto, and they were carried out in fiat. The currency isn't the problem, the criminals are. So, let's go ahead and use that big brain effort to solve the real issue.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/28 09:22:00 (permalink)
I shall create a hippie currency🤔. It should be called hippcoin.😆
The masses of hippies is off the charts 👀

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/28 09:36:28 (permalink)
atfrico

Hipcoin? Mining before it was cool?

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

novablinkicelance
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/28 09:59:42 (permalink)
This is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Totally agree. There's no value being created here. Just printing money for video card companies and early entrants at the expense of the fools who bought last.
jimboslice81
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/28 10:12:24 (permalink)
I think trying to define what benefits humanity and what doesn't is getting into the weeds of this discussion. People play games because we get some value out of it, and the same goes for mining. I personally believe mining is in fact a huge waste of resources, in the sense that crypto should find a different means to prove value from it's users that doesn't involve hoovering up every available GPU and demanding massive amounts electricity. I won't pretend like I have a good answer, but remember that crypto requiring some sort of "work" for proof of stake is the entire point - allowing anyone to "work" to earn crypto-currency is what keeps it decentralized. I wish the stupid rants about "blah blah fiat currency bad" would go away too - we get it nothing is perfect. Money only has value because we give it value, move on. Very few things have intrinsic value - gold isn't valuable because it's a terribly useful resource.
post edited by jimboslice81 - 2021/05/28 10:15:08
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/29 01:41:15 (permalink)

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/29 06:52:07 (permalink)
Bitcoin - the end of efficiency and resources as we know it.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

EyeDeeNo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 670
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: Cryptocurrency needs to die - for the good of all. 2021/05/29 09:15:25 (permalink)
atfrico

Behold the "Hippie Coin".

Edit: Okay, so the above was a joke but guess someone has started this Haven Coin: Hippy Crypto.
post edited by EyeDeeNo - 2021/05/29 09:30:39

Lenovo 710-25ISH IdeaCentre with an Intel Core i5-6400 ~ Win10 Home 64-Bit 21H2
Lenovo 3642 Motherboard Intel H170 Chipset ~ BIOS FWKTA7A 11/7/2019
FSP Group FSP250-30AGBAA 250w 80 Plus Bronze
EVGA 04G-P4-6251-KR GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming VBIOS 86.07.22.00.50 ~ Precision XOC 6.0.9 ~ Game Ready 516.59
G.SKILL F4-2400C15Q-4GNT Value DDR4 4x4GB Kit
Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 MX500 SSD 1TB Firmware M3CR043 (Sabrent BK-PCBS) + Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 Barracuda HDD 2TB
Pioneer BDR-209UBK Blu-ray Burner ~ Firmware 1.54 10/7/2020
AOC E2475SWQE 23.6'' 1ms TN 1080p 60Hz Monitor via Athena CLH-DP0612MM28 DP + Samsung UN32J5500AF 31.5'' TV via Belkin F8V3311B15 HDMI
Creative GigaWorks
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 11
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile