EVGA

AnsweredEVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS !

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Evil Tactician
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/05/13 05:36:41 (permalink)
eRRobla
lucasfrance
Guys, feel free to share here your experiences with EVGA Europe, whether positives or negatives.

Man, you seem very frustrated and desperate. I get it. Im sure its really stressfull situation for you, but you're not helping yourself. Quite opposite. You received the answer from support, where they clarified everything. Now you just have to wait and be patient. EVGA is focused on their "home" market more then they are on EU and it shows in quality of their support aswell. It is what it is. But for sure if i was an EVGA support employee, i wouldn't make the RMA process any quicker for you, seeing how you act.

They don't anyway. They're just slow enough that you won't get your card cleared through customs without a charge. Happened to me and was never able to RMA successfully as a result.

Very simple solution: I've bought a different card since from another brand. After approximately 8 or so successive EVGA GPU's I will never buy one again. That's the price of poor customer service experiences.

I'm not saying some staff don't care, but their hands are tied and they don't have the resource or infrastructure to successfully service anyone outside the EU now. So they may as well stop operating in the UK and other markets.
eRRobla
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/05/13 06:16:45 (permalink)
Evil Tactician
eRRobla
lucasfrance
Guys, feel free to share here your experiences with EVGA Europe, whether positives or negatives.

Man, you seem very frustrated and desperate. I get it. Im sure its really stressfull situation for you, but you're not helping yourself. Quite opposite. You received the answer from support, where they clarified everything. Now you just have to wait and be patient. EVGA is focused on their "home" market more then they are on EU and it shows in quality of their support aswell. It is what it is. But for sure if i was an EVGA support employee, i wouldn't make the RMA process any quicker for you, seeing how you act.

They don't anyway. They're just slow enough that you won't get your card cleared through customs without a charge. Happened to me and was never able to RMA successfully as a result.

Very simple solution: I've bought a different card since from another brand. After approximately 8 or so successive EVGA GPU's I will never buy one again. That's the price of poor customer service experiences.

I'm not saying some staff don't care, but their hands are tied and they don't have the resource or infrastructure to successfully service anyone outside the EU now. So they may as well stop operating in the UK and other markets.

Understandable. You have every right to change brands when there is anything that is not satisfying with one you're currently using. You have every right to write negative review when you're not happy with quality of service you're getting, but do it after the service when you have whole picture. And dont get me wrong. Im not trying to defend EVGA support. All i want to say is that it is really not smart and not nice to act like a douchebag while you're being served. If there is anything that EVGA staff can do to make you're life worse, while still being professional, they will probably do it. And if they dont have much power to do anything and you're still attacking them, then that just makes you a bad person. It's like walking to a restaurant and shouting after 30 seconds of not being served that this is the worst restaurant you have ever been to. You cant expect a nice interaction after that. Even if the restaurant is really bad, the overall experience for you will probably be worse than it could be.
lucasfrance
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/05/13 12:42:21 (permalink)
You recognize yourself in your post that there is an Evga Europe support quality problem... 
I just don't agree on "it is what it is". As an European customer I paid the same high price for my 3090 FTW3 Ultra card than the US ones and the aftersales service quality should be the same. 
Look at the forum and you will see how many people are complaining about EVGA Europe.
This problem has to be known by the customers if we want EVGA to improve on it! 
With your "it is what it is" approach nothing will ever improve.
I'm not desperate nor frustrated but I fear EVGA is loosing a long term customer here.
BR,

post edited by lucasfrance - 2021/05/13 12:43:26
lucasfrance
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/05/14 10:09:05 (permalink)
Just got an automatic email from EVGA Europe confirming they shipped my 3090 special OC RMA today. Replacement board S/N start with 2112 so it should be fine..
Will confirm once received.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/05/20 07:50:43 (permalink)
Customs delays & Coronavirus-Related Restrictions are beyond EVGA's control

Post # 13

EVGATech_MarkusK
Dear Lucasfrance,

so first, by calling in, we would really appreciate, if you´d also let the CS Service Agents the chance to explain the situation, as this was not the case, we tried by email, but let´s do it on the forum again. In Europe we do have customs and due the current situation every single process on shipping and as well on the customs side takes a while - by sending a package from your destination country Switzerland to Germany, means it could happen, that the customs is holding your package, which was the case. The custom clearance department contacted us, but it took at all 9 days, which is true, but it´s up to the customs and not to us - we provided the necessary documents immediately to the custom clearance department, but again, it´s up to the customs to release the package. BTW you can read about the current situation and the custom clearance process in Europe also online. We are working with the Shipping Team to get your package to Germany as fast as possible.

Markus

Lets hope Customs is quicker on the return of the GPU to you

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

lucasfrance
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/05/20 08:06:10 (permalink)
Thanks! My RMA replacement board is now finally on its way from Germany to Switzerland... Hope it will not be 2.5 weeks again.

UPDATE: New card to arrive next Tuesday...

Update: Swiss customs are requesting more than 200 Euros for import taxes!!!
EVGA Europe seems not to have provided the needed VAT CLEARANCE for the RMA board they sent to me!!!
I'm FURIOUS

...... FINAL UPDATE (Hopefully) : I finally got my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra special OC RMA board today, more than 4 weeks after having shipped my default board with overnight carrier.
The replacement board seems OK (2112 with black lips in brand new packaging with correct bios embedded) and I sincerely thanks EVGA for this.

The ONLY remaining point is that the carrier asks for more than 200 Euros for VAT...
I sent an email to EVGA asking them to be in touch with DHL to sort this out and to send then a VAT Clearance as it is an RMA.
Hope they will manage this asap.

post edited by lucasfrance - 2021/05/25 09:07:24
lucasfrance
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/05/26 12:29:50 (permalink)
j3zzr
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 146
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA EUROPE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL MESS ! 2021/11/29 16:32:17 (permalink)
EU has open borders for countries within the EU. There is no customs check at all. Dont know what kind of label EVGA gives people within Europe to RMA hardware but shipping between switzerland and germany does not involve customs at all. I dont get that.
Weird.

Did u get your VAT sorted our?
post edited by radjezz - 2021/11/29 16:38:44
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile