RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility

Author
heavywater
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/29 04:19:08 (permalink)
Hiya!

I raised an advance RMA for a faulty PSU back in February - EVGA sent me out a replacement PSU really quickly but I've had a lot of difficulties in sending back the defective unit from UK to Germany (thanks Brexit). I'm now on my third courier (UPS) after the unit was returned to me the first two times. All commercial documentation is included and the parcel is clearly marked as faulty goods for warranty repair, however since sending at the start of April the parcel has been stuck in warehouse in Nurnburg, scanned daily for the past two weeks. Looking online this seems to be a pretty common occurrence at the moment, with some people saying it took 4 months for theirs to get delivered.

I've received varying responses when contacting UPS, ranging from "I can't give you any information" to "I can assure you it will be delivered today". Today I finally got an honest reply, "We apologize if the package is delayed. This package is still undergoing customs clearance process and delayed due to the huge backlogs of Brexit. Our team will deliver this as soon as the package is cleared. Please continue tracking the package."

I know there's absolutely nothing that I or EVGA can do to hurry things along, but I'm just a bit concerned that the window for Advance RMA refunds is 30 days. I spoke to EVGA support in mid-March when the first delivery was returned to me and they were happy to reactivate the RMA due to the shipping issues, however this window has already passed again. When the unit is finally delivered, will this still be accepted and will I be refunded automatically, or should I periodically ask support if they're able to reactivate the RMA for me? I'm sure they're extremely busy so I don't want to give them extra work if it's not needed.

Many thanks!

7 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility 2021/04/29 04:31:01 (permalink)
    forwarded to EVGA EU

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility 2021/04/29 05:50:22 (permalink)
    Hi heavywater,

no worries, we can extend your RMA period, as till now we have not received the product - after it was received "without any physically damages" you will get your collateral completely refunded.

Markus
    heavywater
    Re: RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility 2021/04/29 05:57:32 (permalink)
    Great, thanks Markus. Hopefully it will be with you soon!
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility 2021/04/29 06:03:44 (permalink)
    heavywater
    Hiya!

I raised an advance RMA for a faulty PSU back in February - EVGA sent me out a replacement PSU really quickly but I've had a lot of difficulties in sending back the defective unit from UK to Germany (thanks Brexit). I'm now on my third courier (UPS) after the unit was returned to me the first two times. All commercial documentation is included and the parcel is clearly marked as faulty goods for warranty repair, however since sending at the start of April the parcel has been stuck in warehouse in Nurnburg, scanned daily for the past two weeks. Looking online this seems to be a pretty common occurrence at the moment, with some people saying it took 4 months for theirs to get delivered.

I've received varying responses when contacting UPS, ranging from "I can't give you any information" to "I can assure you it will be delivered today". Today I finally got an honest reply, "We apologize if the package is delayed. This package is still undergoing customs clearance process and delayed due to the huge backlogs of Brexit. Our team will deliver this as soon as the package is cleared. Please continue tracking the package."

I know there's absolutely nothing that I or EVGA can do to hurry things along, but I'm just a bit concerned that the window for Advance RMA refunds is 30 days. I spoke to EVGA support in mid-March when the first delivery was returned to me and they were happy to reactivate the RMA due to the shipping issues, however this window has already passed again. When the unit is finally delivered, will this still be accepted and will I be refunded automatically, or should I periodically ask support if they're able to reactivate the RMA for me? I'm sure they're extremely busy so I don't want to give them extra work if it's not needed.

Many thanks!

If you haven't already done so please send EVGA EU your tracking number as well. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

heavywater
    Re: RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility 2021/06/10 06:08:56 (permalink)
    Hiya all,

Quick update on this... The PSU was finally delivered by UPS on 17/05 (about 6 weeks after posting). It was signed for and I received an email from EVGA on the same day saying that it had been received by the RMA department for processing, however I haven't heard anything more since that date and haven't received any refund of the advance RMA collateral. Happy to provide the RMA number for this.

Any idea when the refund might come through? I'm unsure if it's just been missed in this case or whether there's a backlog processing RMAs.

Thanks!
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility 2021/06/17 22:29:36 (permalink)
    People still blaming Brexit, it is now June. People/businesses have simply been lazy to make the changes or simply cannot be bothered. 

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|
    Corsair MP600 2TB | EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Hybrid | Alienware AW2721D | Windows 11

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: RMA trapped in black hole in Nurnburg UPS facility 2021/06/18 02:54:12 (permalink)
    random_matt
    People still blaming Brexit, it is now June. People/businesses have simply been lazy to make the changes or simply cannot be bothered. 

Brexit is to blame a bit, but the reasons are far too political to get into on here.A very short answer would be mainly its because of who runs the EU, they arent happy and its meant to punish the people for pushing it thru.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile