EVGA

Can I use USB type c to displayport with X299 MICRO ATX 2

Author
mindek30
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/16 12:57:13 (permalink)
Sorry for my silly English language and my silly question. Please forgive me.

Because coming soon, my graphics card will be go to crash and I would like to save my money for buy new high end graphics card (and save my life from my wife ).
But for now, we have situation of bitcoin, difficult to find or high price of graphics card, Suez canal ever given, silicon problem, COVID 19 and etc. And the situations are still to 2022 or mid 2023.

So
I'm not sure, Can I use USB type c to displayport with X299 MICRO ATX 2?
I has read the user manual, it's have one USB type C.
I think, it's can use same like this to replace graphics card?

PS : My graphics card in present is ASUS STRIX GTX960-DC2OC.

Thank for all answer.

3 Replies Related Threads

TomGraphy
    • Total Posts : 9
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Can I use USB type c to displayport with X299 MICRO ATX 2 2021/04/17 13:19:42 (permalink)
    Which CPU do you have? Most (if not all) X series CPUs don't have any integrated graphics so even if the motherboard did support it you wouldn't be able to use that feature.
    VirtualUnreality
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Can I use USB type c to displayport with X299 MICRO ATX 2 2021/04/19 18:44:33 (permalink)
    mindek30

Because coming soon, my graphics card will be go to crash and I would like to save my money for buy new high end graphics card (and save my life from my wife ).
    But for now, we have situation of bitcoin, difficult to find or high price of graphics card, Suez canal ever given, silicon problem, COVID 19 and etc. And the situations are still to 2022 or mid 2023.

So

Thank for all answer.

Hi,

Sorry to hear your GTX960 is dying.  Your English is not bad and way better than my Thai!  Maybe it is easier and helps if you use translator, here is one which is not perfect but ok: https://translate.google.com.  I am not sure which of the 2 EVGA X299 MICRO ATX 2 motherboard you have; Some Intel CPU have graphics but neither of these motherboard supports a processor which includes a graphics solution as TomGraphy  mentioned, and neither board has integrated video solution either.  You can get a cable that you can plug in to those ports, but nothing there either on processor die or on motherboard to generate video display output.  Also, for many popular games, most Intel Integrated Graphics either don't meet minimum requirements of the game, or you wouldn't be very happy with the performance even on lower video settings.  If you already diagnose and narrow down video problem to GTX960 and it's hardware problem, yes GPU is now scarce and hard to find replacement.  Maybe you can find older new or used GPU for now until you get new one you really want either someplace like here: https://www.aliexpress.com, or in local market place like maybe thru https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/bangkok/gpus/?exact=false or some local computer shop maybe.  Wish you luck in your search and hope that helps!  Maybe it helps too if you buy wife something nice at same time you get new graphics card!

Want an easy way to save up to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the EVGA associate code Y8SZAS1DU12NL92 at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to say "Thank You!" for using it! 

When you register your products please use my Rewards Program Code: NHZXD6NWS9 when uploading your invoice.  Thank you!
    Clovis559
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 563
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Can I use USB type c to displayport with X299 MICRO ATX 2 2021/04/27 20:57:41 (permalink)
    mindek30

So

Thank for all answer.

The website specifications for the device make me think that it is actually a low quality USB-C video card:
    https://www.uptab.com/usb-c-to-2-port-hdmi-4k-adapter/
    Would it work? Maybe. But if it did, it would not use any of the benefits from your GTX960. It would perform very poorly.

Welcome to english where most of us don't speak it well even as our first language :)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile