EVGA

3080 xc3 ultra hybrid (KIT) buzzing/grinding noise

Author
J6red
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/12 18:28:47 (permalink)
The other day I ordered a hybrid kit for my 3080 xc3 ultra. It came in today and I spent around 6 hours installing it since this is my first time doing this kind of thing. After installing it and booting up my pc for the first time, the card was super loud, but went into X1 to change my custom fan curve and it was a bit more bearable. I did a bit more research and found out that it was normal to have it really loud for the first few minutes after first booting the pc with the new card installed, to let the air get pushed out of the pump and whatnot. But after a few hours and a bit of gaming the card never did get any quieter. After doing a bit more research I found that a few other people were having noise issues with their cards as well. In my case the noise is about the same thing but mine isn't as loud as is more bearable, but still there. When I am gaming or watching videos or anything of the sort I can't hear it, but if I take off my headphones or even have them on with nothing playing the noise is super annoying. This is really bugging me since I bought this kit to have a quieter and cooler experience + I don't want to have to RMA the kit since this took me so long to install. Any suggestions on how I could fix this noise or anything of the sort?

videos of the noise:
Apparently I cant send video links yet because my account is so recent; .png is the links of the videos.

post edited by J6red - 2021/04/12 18:34:44

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

spiteful_monkey
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 3080 xc3 ultra hybrid (KIT) buzzing/grinding noise 2021/04/12 19:19:26 (permalink)
    I'm sure the video doesn't translate the sound as loud as you hear it, kind of hard to tell. What orientation is the rad placed? Higher or lower than the pump? I've never used aio solutions. I've heard you always want rad above the pump and if vertical in front or on side, ports end down. Keeps air from being trapped in the pump and making extra noise. the air travels to the rad that way. 

*edited to correct I mistyped 
    post edited by spiteful_monkey - 2021/04/12 19:46:07
    Shikhee
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 127
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 3080 xc3 ultra hybrid (KIT) buzzing/grinding noise 2021/04/12 20:20:30 (permalink)
    My kit actually just developed a buzzing/clicking noise after a few months of stable instillation. I still have the air cooler but a lot of the pads/putty couldn't be saved when I removed that. My temps at idle are fine but now I'm scared to do anything with it. Hoping I can get another kit from evga quick to solve this. 
    post edited by Shikhee - 2021/04/12 20:24:17
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile