Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/04/12 06:42:59 (permalink)
MSI Readies MEG Z590 Unify Series and Spatium M.2 NVMe SSDs | TechPowerUp

At a media event in China, MSI unveiled a handful new products it hasn't yet launched globally. These include the ATX MEG Z590 Unify series, and the new Spatium line of high-end M.2 NVMe SSDs. The company already launched the MEG Z590I Unify Mini-ITX motherboard, which will soon be joined by the larger MEG Z590 Unify and the MEG Z590 Unify-X, in the standard ATX form-factor. Both these Unify motherboards are targeted at professional overclockers, and are armed with powerful 16+2 phase CPU VRM solutions that use 90 A DrMOS, 8-layer PCBs, a trio of PCIe Gen 4 M.2 slots (possibly using PCIe segmentation of the x16 PEG slot); and the company's latest Audio Boost 5 onboard audio solution.

What sets the MEG Z590 Unify apart from the Unify-X is that the latter features just two DDR4 DIMM slots, or one DIMM per memory channel. This is the most desirable topology for memory overclocking (and a reason why memory OC records are usually set on Mini-ITX motherboards). Next up, the company unveiled the Spatium series of high-end M.2 NVMe SSDs. Available with a number of heatsink (options?), these drives take advantage of PCI-Express 4.0 x4 host interface, and come in capacities of up to 4 TB. They use 3D TLC NAND flash, and offer sequential transfer rates of up to 7000 MB/s reads, with up to 6900 MB/s writes.

I'm curious what the prices will be. The specs look very good for overclockers in my opinion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile