Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Nex_Lupus
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12267
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 31
2021/04/06 22:10:55 (permalink)
So a while back, talking 2008 or something i tried water cooling. I was impatient and paid for it, nearly dearly. 
Stuck to AIOs for a bit.

Now i just bought a thermaltake 900 case. So figured it would be a good idea to go back to water cooled. Even bought an evga x299 dark and i9 10900x to upgrade from my 5820k to water cool. 

So what im stuck at is, what do I all need?

the thermaltake kit is cool and all but I dont think it should be 570 for all that is included, I may be wrong.

thermaltakes suggested kit
https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Pacific-Software-Radiator-W259-CU00SW/dp/B0846M3N2T/ref=asc_df_B0846M3N2T/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=424204801341&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7104789855625949395&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008406&hvtargid=pla-883662743496&ref=&adgrpid=95658811901&th=1

the case
https://www.newegg.com/white-thermaltake-the-tower-900-snow-edition-atx-full-tower/p/N82E16811133327?Item=N82E16811133327

I dont need a ton of rgb. I like the darkness. A lil sutble rgb is okay but unless its cheaper im fine with cheaper non rgb.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67306
STOP PIRACY - Sorry but pirates stole the link

44 Replies Related Threads

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/06 22:35:44 (permalink)
    Watercooling parts are way more expensive than before, just a fyi. If you have the money, go for it. I would look for all the forums for a good deal on them.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 04:16:48 (permalink)
    atfrico
    Watercooling parts are way more expensive than before, just a fyi. If you have the money, go for it. I would look for all the forums for a good deal on them.

So are the aios a better deal now? Or the kits? Or will the parts still be favorably priced. Like instead of 570 I would spend 370 on parts themselves?

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 05:19:06 (permalink)
    the AIO are always going to be easier / cheaper .  No muss, No fuss - they won't cool as great as a custom made stuff but close enough for 99% of people.

I have the ability's & time to where I have thought about doing my own custom loops many times- but never got around to it .

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 05:40:11 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    the AIO are always going to be easier / cheaper .  No muss, No fuss - they won't cool as great as a custom made stuff but close enough for 99% of people.

I have the ability's & time to where I have thought about doing my own custom loops many times- but never got around to it .
    at minimum with that case I would need to get a custom AIO

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 06:03:21 (permalink)
    There were great deals before you posted it and yes they have great AIOs but with a cost. Hence is a choice you have to make between plug and play water cooling (AIOS) vs custom water cooling.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 08:14:19 (permalink)
    atfrico
    There were great deals before you posted it and yes they have great AIOs but with a cost. Hence is a choice you have to make between plug and play water cooling (AIOS) vs custom water cooling.

So what all would I need for that case to set up my custom?

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1073
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 08:21:18 (permalink)
    Nex_LupusOr will the parts still be favorably priced.
    This is probably a valid option. Try to mix and match parts by yourself: https://www.performance-pcs.com

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 08:28:53 (permalink)
    Well , Corsair does now sell custom kits of units for you to pick & choose from ...  It is a pretty cool option.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/hydro-x-series-custom-cooling

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2232
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 08:51:26 (permalink)
    A custom water cooling loop is not that hard. Yes, you need to educate yourself and allow for errors, as trial and error is still a great way to learn. There are a litany of parts and yes, quality parts are costly. Do your research.

There are things to think about:
    Not mixing metals of the blocks and radiators.
    How much radiator you need.
    Review the fluids you want to use for plasticizers and other compounds that can impact performance.
    Think about how you want to break it down to do your maintenance, as custom loops need maintenance.
    Some manufacturers use substandard plating processes that allow for flaking and issues with the blocks. Research their products.
    Think about what type of pump you want and if you want redundancy, in case you have a pump failure.
    What flow you want your loop to take.
    Do you want hard or soft tubing.

These are just the start. I do not like AIOs. I do customs loops. Yes I have messed up, ruined CPUs and motherboards, but have not had that happen in years. The creativity you can have with a custom loop is what I like. It’s fun to plan and satisfying to get right. I do not overclock, but I water cool anything I can. I always do the CPU and GPU, usually multiple GPUs in my builds, but have done RAM, chipset, VRM and HHDs. I have done multiple loops in the same build.

I spend a great deal of time thinking about the loop, researching blocks and products, as well as testing the loop for a good amount of time to assure there are no leaks.

I always feel satisfied when I complete a loop and it performs well. I would not build a PC without a water loop. I usually plan for months prior to the build, draw out the loop, list the components, cables and even think through how I am going to do the cabling. My build times are less and the more I build the better I get at it.

My suggestion is to take the leap. Think it through. You will not be disappointed in it. AIOs are more convenient, but you still need to think about position in the case and what you need based on what you want to cool. Custom loops are cleaner, IMO.

Good luck. Enjoy the path and process.

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 09:08:40 (permalink)
    Nex_Lupus
    atfrico

So what all would I need for that case to set up my custom?

The case you have is pretty good for custom watercooling, IMO. Like many others stated you need to do your research and planning bud.
    You need to set up a budget. Look the benefits of buying a great AIO performance/warranty vs water cooling. Please be mindful, the water pump alone will cost almost as an average AIO cooler costs, if not half the value of a great AIO.
    Then you have to check the airflow of the case you are getting, will this benefit the AIO performance vs the performance of a custom water cooling?

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 09:15:37 (permalink)
    Grey_BeardNot mixing metals of the blocks and radiators
    This is not true. You can mix metals if you can't avoid it. But this metals should not to have electric contact between them.
    It is similar to primary(single-use or "disposable") battery: it stays fresh(without chemical reactions) for years if terminals aren't connected(open circuit).

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 09:52:23 (permalink)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 09:56:44 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    Grey_BeardNot mixing metals of the blocks and radiators
    This is not true. You can mix metals if you can't avoid it. But this metals should not to have electric contact between them.
    It is similar to primary(single-use or "disposable") battery: it stays fresh(without chemical reactions) for years if terminals aren't connected(open circuit).

The liquid completes the circuit.

If you mix metals you are asking for problems.  The type of coolant & coatings on the metals can impact the issue

So, technically though it is possible - for most end users, it is not advisable - too many ways for it to fail - especially with H2O based coolants

If you go with aluminum, then the entire wetted loop should be aluminum

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/aluminium-vs-copper/
    (excerpt)

Bottom line, the horror stories you have heard about aluminum and corrosion will only occur in real life if you have mixed aluminum and copper or brass (or nickel plated version of both) parts in the same liquid cooling loop. The wall of text about galvanic corrosion would not even be needed if users and manufacturers would simply follow the laws of physics. Now that we covered the part about galvanic corrosion in depth, we shall move on to performance. There are also fierce debates about the performance with aluminum opposed to copper

LINK8-B
    http://www.overclockers.c...ant-chemistry-part-ii/

(excerpt)

Corrosion

The three most commonly used metals in PC water-cooling systems are copper, brass, and aluminum. Copper is used to make waterblocks, radiators, and rigid tubing. Brass fittings are frequently used throughout water-cooling systems for attaching flexible tubing to components and brass tanks are common on many radiators. Some waterblocks and radiators are made out of aluminum. Unless protected by special coatings or water additives, aluminum components will rapidly corrode when used with other non-aluminum parts, such as copper and brass. Most pond-style pumps are made from plastics, which are not affected by corrosion.

Aluminum has a much greater tendency to corrode than does copper (defined by its position within the galvanic series). When dissimilar metals are used in the same system, an electrolytic cell is created, which will promote galvanic corrosion. Ideally, only copper and brass components should be used in a PC water-cooling system, but that isn’t always possible.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 10:14:28 (permalink)
    Cool GTXThe liquid completes the circuit

Nope! Liquid it is electrolyte!
    Galvanic corrosion (also called bimetallic corrosion or dissimilar metal corrosion) is an electrochemical process in which one metal corrodes preferentially when it is in electrical contact with another, in the presence of an electrolyte. A similar galvanic reaction is exploited in primary cells to generate a useful electrical voltage to power portable devices.

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 18:19:18 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    Cool GTXThe liquid completes the circuit

Nope! Liquid it is electrolyte!
    Galvanic corrosion (also called bimetallic corrosion or dissimilar metal corrosion) is an electrochemical process in which one metal corrodes preferentially when it is in electrical contact with another, in the presence of an electrolyte. A similar galvanic reaction is exploited in primary cells to generate a useful electrical voltage to power portable devices.

Cool GTX is entirely correct, the liquid provides the electrical medium. Perhaps you should google what "Sacrificial Anodes" are and how they function in the open ocean on ships hulls.  Those are usually made of pure zinc and galvanic corrosion destroys them in mere months. 

Nex_Lupus, that price is about fair considering all the kit that is included. Watercooling is not cheap by any means. A D5 pump is $80 by itself, a triple fan radiator is going to be $65-150 by itself. Then you need fittings, those can be expensive just by themselves. Then toss in some tubing, a reservoir, some fans.... now you need another $100 for a waterblock, or maybe two. $1,000 is common if you're building a serious watercooling loop from scratch. You can get a feel for prices at https://www.titanrig.com/

Have water, will cool. 
    nick_shl
    FTW Member
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/07 20:53:48 (permalink)
    kougarCool GTX is entirely correct, the liquid provides the electrical medium. Perhaps you should google what "Sacrificial Anodes" are and how they function in the open ocean on ships hulls.
    This "Sacrificial Anodes" always have electrical connection to protected metal. On ships "Sacrificial Anodes" screwed directly to metal hull. I tired to explain basic things. It is not a rocket science - it just school physics. Do you homework, make a research.

freakdaddy64
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 784
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/08 09:19:41 (permalink)
    check out nzxt i have a nzxt 710i case and just put the nzxt x73 rgb 360mm cooler in.

003 - YouTube

asus rog strix b550 f gaming ryzen 7 5800x3d cpu gskill trident z neo rgb ddr4 3600 ram sabrent 2tb ssd m.2 storage sabrent 1tb boot asus rog 4080 oc corsair 5000d case evga supernova 1000 t2 psu
    nzxt x73 rgb 360 cooler
    asus rog xg349c 34 inch display
    asus rog xg27aqm 27 inch 1440p 270 hz monitor THE SMOOTH OPERATOR
    Associate Code: YLOPU45V2M8FQL9

Elite ID: 2RWCT4B87YQYR15NNQO

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/08 12:06:07 (permalink)
    atfrico

+1
    Watercooling is expensive in most examples. But I find the cooling and noise reduction is always worth it IMO.  Please check out CoolGTX's thread, it has a lot of great info. I would recommend starting with soft tube. then later on if you want you could go to hard tube. Main difference is it looks better. [most of the time] Match your rads and fans for most effective use. If you use low fins per inch rads, {FPI}, then you can use low speed fans and have cool and quiet. I would also recommend using quality fans, that have decent CFM, and pressure. There are some rads that have a metal protector over the end of fan screws that won't let you puncture the cooling tubes. << not many offer this, so it's always good to make sure you have the right screws. Just take your time, and you will have the rig you want. Good luck!
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/09 08:51:25 (permalink)
    So picked my parts, probably spent more then I should have XD

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 560mm Radiator (14185)
    EK Quantum Velocity CPU block (intel) nickel/plexi
    Thermaltake 900 tower (snow edition)
    EK-CryoFuel Blood Red (Premix 1000mL), yes im lazy 
    EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
    PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8"ID x 1/2" OD - Clear (PFLEXA-12)
    ARCTIC P14 PWM PST CO - Pressure-optimised 140 mm Fan with PWM & PST (PWM Sharing Technology) for Continuous Operation x8
    EKWB EK-Quantum Torque STC-10/13 Compression Fitting for Soft Tubing, 10/13mm (3/8" ID, 1/2" OD), Black Nickel, 6-pack

Hopefully good picks.

ALSO, picked some new parts to upgrade my wifes pc and my pc, hers via inheriting.
    Shes coming from a i5 7500 system very basic (high end basic) gaming computer I built for her years ago using some of my old parts with a 1060 SSC

So my current system is basically a 5820k system in a rv03 case with an evga psu and 2 1070s (not TI) and a bunch of ssd

taking all that plus 1 of the 1070s and giving it to her, basically just doing a fresh install. (so slight gpu upgrade for her too)
    selling that 1060

ill be kinda downgrading my gpu but only for sli games which from what i was told are far and few between.. so plan on getting a 3080 if they ever come down in price...

But im sure you guys want to know what im getting for myself 
    i9 10900x (hopefully got a good binning, s-spec is SRGV7)
    64 gigs vegence pro
    2 nvme 2tb PNY m.2s 
    1 1tb SSHD (hopefully works dont know how long ago I bought it but its still wrapped lol)
    SilverStone SST-ST1100-TI 1100W ATX12V 80 PLUS TITANIUM Certified Active PFC Power Supply, yes i know not evga but, only evga psu with over 1.1k psu that was also titanium certified was the supernova 1600 t2 and price at cheapest I could find was double the silverstone. Yes I know I would of had ample more power... but already dropped way too much as it was, at least I didnt buy a diablo psu.... XD (please tell me you guys remember those fire death traps?)

Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/09 11:10:08 (permalink)
    notfordman
    atfrico

+1
    Watercooling is expensive in most examples. But I find the cooling and noise reduction is always worth it IMO.  Please check out CoolGTX's thread, it has a lot of great info. I would recommend starting with soft tube. then later on if you want you could go to hard tube. Main difference is it looks better. [most of the time] Match your rads and fans for most effective use. If you use low fins per inch rads, {FPI}, then you can use low speed fans and have cool and quiet. I would also recommend using quality fans, that have decent CFM, and pressure. There are some rads that have a metal protector over the end of fan screws that won't let you puncture the cooling tubes. << not many offer this, so it's always good to make sure you have the right screws. Just take your time, and you will have the rig you want. Good luck!

Whatcha think of the choices?

B0baganoosh
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2365
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/09 12:24:17 (permalink)
    As Grey Beard mentioned above, you'll want to make sure you plan for maintenance (draining, cleaning, refilling, etc.). Adding a valve somewhere (preferably near the bottom) in the loop will help tremendously. you can just leave the valve closed most of the time (can plug if nervous) and just add a fitting and tube down to an empty bucket/jug or whatever to drain the loop when you need to. It is a lot safer than trying to lift a giant PC up and hold at some kind of precarious angle to drain water from some port you just unplugged a year or two from now when you decide to drain and clean your loop.

I'm not a PC water cooling expert, but have used lots of the parts at work for some water-cooling projects and have regretted any system that didn't have a drain valve planned in. 

As for your parts list, I have used some of EK's products (again, for work projects) and they have been of great quality in my experience. Also, holy crap that's a big radiator lol. Nice!

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/09 14:27:44 (permalink)
    Nike_7688
    As Grey Beard mentioned above, you'll want to make sure you plan for maintenance (draining, cleaning, refilling, etc.). Adding a valve somewhere (preferably near the bottom) in the loop will help tremendously. you can just leave the valve closed most of the time (can plug if nervous) and just add a fitting and tube down to an empty bucket/jug or whatever to drain the loop when you need to. It is a lot safer than trying to lift a giant PC up and hold at some kind of precarious angle to drain water from some port you just unplugged a year or two from now when you decide to drain and clean your loop.

I'm not a PC water cooling expert, but have used lots of the parts at work for some water-cooling projects and have regretted any system that didn't have a drain valve planned in. 

As for your parts list, I have used some of EK's products (again, for work projects) and they have been of great quality in my experience. Also, holy crap that's a big radiator lol. Nice!

the rat has a bleed hole at the other end of the chambers. What ill probably do is place the rad with that down using the plugs that come with the rad. When its time to drain ill open it up with something to catch the liquid. 

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/10 00:31:19 (permalink)
    I like the rad choice because of the multiple ports, makes plumbing choices easier at times. And also it's a good rad, I have the UT60 in mine. Be very mindful of the RGB power differences on your CPU block and Reservoir. There is D-RGB, and I think addressable. either 3 pin [5v] or 4 pin [12v]. Here is a little info on it: https://everyhometech.com/addressable-vs-non-addressable-rgb/ 

Silverstone makes some very solid PSU's nothing wrong with that. I just noticed your case you chose. I have liked those since I have seen them. Looks like it may be easy to build in. Enjoy your build, take your time, leak test is very important.

Something I like to do is keep a spare pump, just in case. I had one that lasted a few years, and just replaced it. Problem is if you don't, you're down until you get one. I have had them last less time as well before.

The drain is great advice for you. If you could configure it on the port you mentioned that could be cool. Or you can decide to add later. They are definitely helpful. :)
    https://www.amazon.com/s?...t&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

post edited by notfordman - 2021/04/10 00:37:29
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/10 06:43:58 (permalink)
    notfordman
    I like the rad choice because of the multiple ports, makes plumbing choices easier at times. And also it's a good rad, I have the UT60 in mine. Be very mindful of the RGB power differences on your CPU block and Reservoir. There is D-RGB, and I think addressable. either 3 pin [5v] or 4 pin [12v]. Here is a little info on it: https://everyhometech.com/addressable-vs-non-addressable-rgb/ 

Silverstone makes some very solid PSU's nothing wrong with that. I just noticed your case you chose. I have liked those since I have seen them. Looks like it may be easy to build in. Enjoy your build, take your time, leak test is very important.

Something I like to do is keep a spare pump, just in case. I had one that lasted a few years, and just replaced it. Problem is if you don't, you're down until you get one. I have had them last less time as well before.

The drain is great advice for you. If you could configure it on the port you mentioned that could be cool. Or you can decide to add later. They are definitely helpful. :)
    https://www.amazon.com/s?...t&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I actually just orderd more fittings And 2 valves. I'm going to throw one on the pump and one on the rad single bottom hole. The way the loop will run I should not need to tilte or cajolt the tower just pull the presetup holes into a bucket and turn the valve. Let gravity do it's work. Done

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/10 08:18:46 (permalink)
    Nex_Lupus
    So picked my parts, probably spent more then I should have XD

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 560mm Radiator (14185)
    EK Quantum Velocity CPU block (intel) nickel/plexi
    Thermaltake 900 tower (snow edition)
    EK-CryoFuel Blood Red (Premix 1000mL), yes im lazy 
    EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
    PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8"ID x 1/2" OD - Clear (PFLEXA-12)
    ARCTIC P14 PWM PST CO - Pressure-optimised 140 mm Fan with PWM & PST (PWM Sharing Technology) for Continuous Operation x8
    EKWB EK-Quantum Torque STC-10/13 Compression Fitting for Soft Tubing, 10/13mm (3/8" ID, 1/2" OD), Black Nickel, 6-pack

Hopefully good picks.

ALSO, picked some new parts to upgrade my wifes pc and my pc, hers via inheriting.
    Shes coming from a i5 7500 system very basic (high end basic) gaming computer I built for her years ago using some of my old parts with a 1060 SSC

So my current system is basically a 5820k system in a rv03 case with an evga psu and 2 1070s (not TI) and a bunch of ssd

taking all that plus 1 of the 1070s and giving it to her, basically just doing a fresh install. (so slight gpu upgrade for her too)
    selling that 1060

ill be kinda downgrading my gpu but only for sli games which from what i was told are far and few between.. so plan on getting a 3080 if they ever come down in price...

But im sure you guys want to know what im getting for myself 
    i9 10900x (hopefully got a good binning, s-spec is SRGV7)
    64 gigs vegence pro
    2 nvme 2tb PNY m.2s 
    1 1tb SSHD (hopefully works dont know how long ago I bought it but its still wrapped lol)
    SilverStone SST-ST1100-TI 1100W ATX12V 80 PLUS TITANIUM Certified Active PFC Power Supply, yes i know not evga but, only evga psu with over 1.1k psu that was also titanium certified was the supernova 1600 t2 and price at cheapest I could find was double the silverstone. Yes I know I would of had ample more power... but already dropped way too much as it was, at least I didnt buy a diablo psu.... XD (please tell me you guys remember those fire death traps?)

Nice! Welcome to the custom cooling side!

I see you went with the Torque fittings from EKWB, I have those too and love the way they look. However, I made the same mistake you did and bought the primochill tubing. If it's not opened yet, just return it and buy the EKWB tubing instead. It will save you from leaks, the primochill tubing is not compatible with EKWB fittings, even if it's the same spec. 

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/10 10:25:52 (permalink)
    RainStryke

I see you went with the Torque fittings from EKWB, I have those too and love the way they look. However, I made the same mistake you did and bought the primochill tubing. If it's not opened yet, just return it and buy the EKWB tubing instead. It will save you from leaks, the primochill tubing is not compatible with EKWB fittings, even if it's the same spec. 

RainStryke, do you know why this is? Is it the metric/standard issue? Meaning Primo lists it as standard when it is not. You would think as long as the fittings and tube is same size it would work. ^^I've seen this on the hard line fittings/tube. Just curious: "the more you know"... Thx. 
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/10 15:02:36 (permalink)
    notfordman
    RainStryke

RainStryke, do you know why this is? Is it the metric/standard issue? Meaning Primo lists it as standard when it is not. You would think as long as the fittings and tube is same size it would work. ^^I've seen this on the hard line fittings/tube. Just curious: "the more you know"... Thx. 

just looked into it myself probably is a metric vs imperial. Which sucks for me, I cannot find any stock ekwb tubing... 

they label them as 9.5mm and 12.7mm id/od instead of standard 10/13 (even tho that is what they mainly state it as) 

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/10 17:55:37 (permalink)
    Parts look fine to me, hope you have fun with your build! Always liked those D5/res combos

Have water, will cool. 
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with watercooling. 2021/04/12 04:35:17 (permalink)
    Went ahead and spent the extra money to buy tubing. Damn hard to find stock

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile