EVGA

AnsweredNU Audio and Logitech G560 Speakers

Author
eskin131
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/10 17:13:04 (permalink)
Does anyone know if I can use the Logitech G560 speakers with the NU Audio card? I know the subwoofer on the G560 has an aux that you can plug into and the audio card comes with an aux as well, so I'm assuming they'll work fine. Can anyone confirm this for me before I spend the $200 on the G560?
thekraken8him
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: NU Audio and Logitech G560 Speakers 2021/04/12 07:39:57 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby eskin131 2021/04/12 07:52:28
Short answer: Yes, any speakers that use a 3.5mm audio input will work with the NU Audio.

Long answer: Yes, but some of the features (like RGB syncing with audio) may not work, since that uses software control over USB.

The product page says it can mix together multiple sources, so you could try
  1. Plug in the 3.5mm to the NU audio card
  2. Plug USB to the PC
  3. Mute/Turn the USB mix down all the way
That way you could get NU audio sound with the other features. This is all hypothetical since I don't own one to test.

The real question is why would you get speakers with a built-in DAC and an audio card? I'm sure the NU Audio sound quality is better, but it's a bit redundant.
eskin131
Re: NU Audio and Logitech G560 Speakers 2021/04/12 08:01:52 (permalink)
thekraken8him
Short answer: Yes, any speakers that use a 3.5mm audio input will work with the NU Audio.

Long answer: Yes, but some of the features (like RGB syncing with audio) may not work, since that uses software control over USB.

The product page says it can mix together multiple sources, so you could try
  1. Plug in the 3.5mm to the NU audio card
  2. Plug USB to the PC
  3. Mute/Turn the USB mix down all the way
That way you could get NU audio sound with the other features. This is all hypothetical since I don't own one to test.

The real question is why would you get speakers with a built-in DAC and an audio card? I'm sure the NU Audio sound quality is better, but it's a bit redundant.

So when I got my computer with the NU Audio card, I also got Artcis Pro headphones with the GameDAC, so I'm looking to get a use out of the audio card so I didn't waste my money. I'm new to how computers and sound systems work so I wasn't aware that the headset came with its own sound drives and that it wouldn't work with my sound card. I'm trying to find a use for the card so I'll probably use it for music and movies, but I was thinking I would customize the sound using the sound card instead of the speakers software. I wanted a speaker system that would be small enough but still have good audio quality for music and movies. I didn't want the huge chunky systems because I just don't have the room for it on my desk. I don't really care for the light customization because that's not why I'm getting them. I'm glad that the speakers should work with the card. I appreciate the help! 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: NU Audio and Logitech G560 Speakers 2021/04/15 22:29:42 (permalink)
The GameDAC should be able to send audio to Artcis Pro headset and Logitech G560 speakers (not at the same time). It looks like you need to change windows audio sample rate if you want hi res audio enabled on the GameDAC.

Right click on Speaker icon by system clock
Click "open sound settings"
Under Output click "Device properties", top right click "Additional device properties"
Advanced tab selected, select 24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)
Click Apply button next OK button

eskin131
Re: NU Audio and Logitech G560 Speakers 2021/04/17 09:45:53 (permalink)
MSim
The GameDAC should be able to send audio to Artcis Pro headset and Logitech G560 speakers (not at the same time). It looks like you need to change windows audio sample rate if you want hi res audio enabled on the GameDAC.

Right click on Speaker icon by system clock
Click "open sound settings"
Under Output click "Device properties", top right click "Additional device properties"
Advanced tab selected, select 24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)
Click Apply button next OK button

I appreciate the help! My issue is that I got the NU card already with my computer and I am trying to find a use for it. When I got my headset, I didn't realize it wouldn't work with my sound card, so I'm trying to find a use for it. 
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21169
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: NU Audio and Logitech G560 Speakers 2021/04/17 10:11:53 (permalink)
You could sell it.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile