EVGA

EVGA CPU to "GPU" (2x 6+2 pcie) splitter adapters?

Author
blacknblue
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/10 05:14:56 (permalink)
Do they exist? I can't seem to find EVGA branded splitter that plugs into the CPU cable, which is plugged into "CPU" on the PSU. The splitter then splits off to two 6+2 pcie's. I bought something like this but a lot of reviews are saying they are poorly made:

COMeap (2-Pack)(CPU to GPU) CPU 8 Pin Female to Dual 2X PCIe 8 Pin (6+2) 

I can't actually find good cpu to gpu splitters, maybe due to Canadian avaliability. 

I'm using them to power the risers (which accept pcie), not the gpus itself. My 3070/3080s draw ~30 watts from risers so one cable transfers 60W. However, my two 3090s request 55W from the riser which is why I don't want to use SATA for any of the risers. And no, I'm not going to use molex either. 

I'm curious to know what EVGA's splitter is and where I can find it or at least the best splitter money can buy.

Maybe my last resort to return the 3090s and just use 3080s and use one sata on each riser which mathematically should be safe in terms of wattage... Love to hear your responses thanks!

1 Reply Related Threads

EVGATech_WaiM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 53
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA CPU to "GPU" (2x 6+2 pcie) splitter adapters? 2021/04/10 15:08:53 (permalink)
    Unfortunately we do not make such an adapter. Please keep in mind that we do not recommend these type of adapters and they can potentially damage your system. 

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile