EVGA

RTX 2060 RMA Replacement Issues

Author
Tricky Solo
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/07 16:13:30 (permalink)
Hi this is my first post so forgive me if I miss anything. Recently I RMA'd my RTX 2060 a couple of months after purchase. It had stopped outputting to my monitor and had died. So I got an RMA replacement but after a week I tried playing some games on it (haven't done it until that point) and when I played any game the screen would like spasm and flicker? I don't know exactly how to describe it so I attached a vid. I have tried reinstalling drivers. I'm afraid that I might have to RMA the replacement which sucks because I paid $60 the first time to get it shipped and I'm kinda tight on cash. I'll probably keep it until my semester finishes because I need my computer for school.

RTX 2060 KO
Mobo: Asus Prime X-570P
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb ram
650W PSU Bronze 
 this is the video link: imgur.com/a/1tlHeYo

post edited by Tricky Solo - 2021/04/08 07:07:44

6 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RTX 2060 RMA Replacement Issues 2021/04/07 17:37:32 (permalink)
    https://imgur.com/a/1tlHeYo

You will need to share just the link since this is a video through Imgur. I can not figure out how to get the link to properly embed to show in the forums.
    VirtualUnreality
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RTX 2060 RMA Replacement Issues 2021/04/07 18:58:52 (permalink)
      A little hard to tell in that vid, but the distortion/artifacting seems pretty random.  You mention it happens in multiple games--is it only when gaming?  Do you see it happen running dxdiag for example?  If you didn't already use the DDU utility uninstalling your vid drivers that's worth doing before reinstalling again.  Try removing any OC settings, drop the resolution lower, etc. and see if you still have same problem or does it differ or go away?  If it turns out to be hardware-based you could try to remove and reseat the card if you haven't already.  You can check the ports on your card/check the vid cable ends too maybe?  If available, try using a known good cable/swap you cable to different system to verify good or if your monitor has other ports try using different port on the card than whichever your using now to see if you get same problem on DP/DVI/HDMI ports?  Maybe you only have bad vid cable or only different port on card works ok if it's something on the card itself if you wanted to try and get by thru end of term. Hope something there helps you figure out what's going on and/or helps you get by.

Want an easy way to save up to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the EVGA associate code Y8SZAS1DU12NL92 at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to say "Thank You!" for using it! 

When you register your products please use my Rewards Program Code: NHZXD6NWS9 when uploading your invoice.  Thank you!
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: RTX 2060 RMA Replacement Issues 2021/04/08 07:33:05 (permalink)
    VirtualUnreality
      A little hard to tell in that vid, but the distortion/artifacting seems pretty random.  You mention it happens in multiple games--is it only when gaming?  Do you see it happen running dxdiag for example?  If you didn't already use the DDU utility uninstalling your vid drivers that's worth doing before reinstalling again.  Try removing any OC settings, drop the resolution lower, etc. and see if you still have same problem or does it differ or go away?  If it turns out to be hardware-based you could try to remove and reseat the card if you haven't already.  You can check the ports on your card/check the vid cable ends too maybe?  If available, try using a known good cable/swap you cable to different system to verify good or if your monitor has other ports try using different port on the card than whichever your using now to see if you get same problem on DP/DVI/HDMI ports?  Maybe you only have bad vid cable or only different port on card works ok if it's something on the card itself if you wanted to try and get by thru end of term. Hope something there helps you figure out what's going on and/or helps you get by.

+1 with checking the video cables. Make sure the cable you are using is certified and not a cheaply made part. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

NSpecter
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: RTX 2060 RMA Replacement Issues 2021/04/28 12:53:53 (permalink)
    Hi Tricky Solo!

Do you have another display to try? I also agree about checking all cables as mentioned above and trying replacement cables if possible. Any other issues with your system that you have noticed? (high cpu temps, crashing, etc.) Also, updating your bios on your motherboard is never a bad choice as well. Taking the CMOS battery out of your motherboard, waiting a few minutes, and then popping it back in is also something to try, though I have usually only see this work with not getting any video output from the system.

Cheers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want to Save up to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Please consider using my Associate Code: RTS2LBUD959160C

Thank You!

andreibondrea
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: RTX 2060 RMA Replacement Issues 2021/05/18 03:58:43 (permalink)
    I heard that the RMA on EVGA is very good, sorry to hear this
    jschu99
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: RTX 2060 RMA Replacement Issues 2021/06/01 16:37:03 (permalink)
    Really rare to hear evga rma not working out
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile