EVGA

Second hand product

Author
kaptanedi
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/02 02:28:53 (permalink)
Can anyone clarify. I have purchased a graphics card on ebay. The seller bought the product from the microcenter and sent me the first invoice. In my ebay purchase history, it appears that I bought it. Now what dates should I write when registering this product. My original owner invoice date or my ebay purchase date? Otherwise, I understand that there is no guarantee to receive it this way. How can I correct these dates.

16 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/02 03:24:26 (permalink)
    kaptanedi
    Can anyone clarify. I have purchased a graphics card on ebay. The seller bought the product from the microcenter and sent me the first invoice. In my ebay purchase history, it appears that I bought it. Now what dates should I write when registering this product. My original owner invoice date or my ebay purchase date? Otherwise, I understand that there is no guarantee to receive it this way. How can I correct these dates.

Write the date you purchased from EBAY. The warranty is based off the date that the product Shipped from evga, so no matter what date you out, the warranty start date won’t change.
    kaptanedi
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/02 03:39:37 (permalink)
    What does Evga shipment date mean? Shipment was made to me via eBay. Does Ebay purchase history screenshot replace invoice. Or should I ask for an invoice from ebay? Which invoice should I upload?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/02 04:26:49 (permalink)
    Load your eBay invoice.

The day that the GPU left the evga warehouse is the day the warranty started. Purchase date for second hand products do not change.

Original owners get a warranty start date from the date of purchase from an authorized retailer/etailer. eBay is not an authorized retailer or etailer, so the warranty start date starts when EVGA shipped the card to the original retailer.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/04/02 04:31:08
    kaptanedi
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/02 05:47:53 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Load your eBay invoice.

The day that the GPU left the evga warehouse is the day the warranty started. Purchase date for second hand products do not change.

Original owners get a warranty start date from the date of purchase from an authorized retailer/etailer. eBay is not an authorized retailer or etailer, so the warranty start date starts when EVGA shipped the card to the original retailer.

Do I have the opportunity to rearrange the purchase dates. I go because of the wrong date.
    nick_shl
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1073
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/04 21:59:15 (permalink)
    kaptanediCan anyone clarify. I have purchased a graphics card on ebay. The seller bought the product from the microcenter and sent me the first invoice.
    If MicroCenter invoice doesn't has name on it - you have to use those(act as it is you bought it from MicroCenter). If you use eBay invoice you card will be treated as "Second Hand" by EVGA and you will not be able to purchase Advanced RMA, Extended Warranty or participate in Step-Up program.

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    kaptanedi
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 02:36:40 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    kaptanediCan anyone clarify. I have purchased a graphics card on ebay. The seller bought the product from the microcenter and sent me the first invoice.
    If MicroCenter invoice doesn't has name on it - you have to use those(act as it is you bought it from MicroCenter). If you use eBay invoice you card will be treated as "Second Hand" by EVGA and you will not be able to purchase Advanced RMA, Extended Warranty or participate in Step-Up program.

The name and surname of the first person is written on the first invoice. So as a result, even if we buy such products as new, unused, it will not have a guarantee. Or have a limited warranty. I'm right. Can someone who knows explain this too? If a product is purchased from a non-local store, still unused, if the second buyer has paid it by bank transfer and you have only a bank transfer to the first buyer other than the first invoice, is this product guaranteed?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 02:52:09 (permalink)
    nick_shl

No. Second hand is second hand. A member can’t post on the forums admitting to buying a second hand product and then “act” as if they didn’t.

Not to mention most people register their products, and removing it from your profile doesn’t actually remove the fact it was registered to their account, so EVGA can tell when a product is second hand.

So, no, don’t suggest lying in the future.
    kaptanedi
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 03:09:12 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    nick_shl

No. Second hand is second hand. A member can’t post on the forums admitting to buying a second hand product and then “act” as if they didn’t.

Not to mention most people register their products, and removing it from your profile doesn’t actually remove the fact it was registered to their account, so EVGA can tell when a product is second hand.

Confess? I'm not lying to anyone. Products are sold only by the first owners in the midwife. If we buy these products, will we be guaranteed or not. A simple question. I don't really care whether it is or not. If there is, I will continue to use it or I will try to dispose of it. Isn't the only brand evga true?
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 04:50:07 (permalink)
    kaptanedi
    the_Scarlet_one
    nick_shl

Confess? I'm not lying to anyone. Products are sold only by the first owners in the midwife. If we buy these products, will we be guaranteed or not. A simple question. I don't really care whether it is or not. If there is, I will continue to use it or I will try to dispose of it. Isn't the only brand evga true?

It's that someone should tell the truth that they bought the card from eBay. When someone buys the card in another city from where the RMA is shipping it can cause the invoice to be looked at and when the name on the receipt doesn't match it can cause problems.  By showing that it's second hand everything is explained and they are good to go with the second hand warranty.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 04:56:59 (permalink)
    kaptanedi

You have a second hand warranty, depending on where you live. Where are you from, because your location determines your warranty and all of the processes you go through.

My latest reply wasn’t to you, it was to the user encouraging you to falsify a registration.
    kaptanedi
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 05:06:46 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    kaptanedi

You have a second hand warranty, depending on where you live. Where are you from, because your location determines your warranty and all of the processes you go through.

My latest reply wasn’t to you, it was to the user encouraging you to falsify a registration.

I live in turkey. One or two stores are listed on the evga site as a local dealer. But there is no product left. I am sorry for this. I thought you were told. You say I have a guarantee, this is good news.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 05:42:56 (permalink)
    I think, and this is because I am not in your region, but I think turkey does RMA through EU.EVGA.com, so you would follow the second hand warranty from the Eu.EVGA.com website for RMA. Hopefully I have that correct. Just load a copy of your invoice from eBay, and that should help you out if you ever need warranty help.
    kaptanedi
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 05:52:17 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    I think, and this is because I am not in your region, but I think turkey does RMA through EU.EVGA.com, so you would follow the second hand warranty from the Eu.EVGA.com website for RMA. Hopefully I have that correct. Just load a copy of your invoice from eBay, and that should help you out if you ever need warranty help.

I hope it'll be like you said. Finally. An item purchased from Amazon, unused, is guaranteed if I buy it from the original owner. This time, there is no store in between. A product purchased from the first owner by direct bank transfer. what do you say
    nick_shl
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1073
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 05:57:47 (permalink)
    kaptanediThe name and surname of the first person is written on the first invoice. So as a result, even if we buy such products as new, unused, it will not have a guarantee.
    If you in US you will have "Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)": https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

the_Scarlet_oneNo. Second hand is second hand. A member can’t post on the forums admitting to buying a second hand product and then “act” as if they didn’t.
    New, sealed, never registered graphics card shouldn't be treated as "Second Hand" in the first place. You can buy graphics card as a gift and guess what? It is "Second Hand" for EVGA!

I see now that kaptanedi doesn't mentioned that his graphics card "new, sealed, never registered", probably I assumed that because of this scalper situation where tons of GPUs sold on ebay in this conditions. And EVGA "Second Hand" policy hurts only EVGA customers, not scalpers.
    post edited by nick_shl - 2021/04/05 06:43:46

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 07:50:46 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    kaptanediThe name and surname of the first person is written on the first invoice. So as a result, even if we buy such products as new, unused, it will not have a guarantee.
    If you in US you will have "Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)": https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

the_Scarlet_oneNo. Second hand is second hand. A member can’t post on the forums admitting to buying a second hand product and then “act” as if they didn’t.
    New, sealed, never registered graphics card shouldn't be treated as "Second Hand" in the first place. You can buy graphics card as a gift and guess what? It is "Second Hand" for EVGA!

I see now that kaptanedi doesn't mentioned that his graphics card "new, sealed, never registered", probably I assumed that because of this scalper situation where tons of GPUs sold on ebay in this conditions. And EVGA "Second Hand" policy hurts only EVGA customers, not scalpers.

And he isn’t in the US. You need to read through what constitutes an “original owner” purchase and a second hand. Original owner only comes directly from an authorized reseller. Don’t buy from scalpers.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Second hand product 2021/04/05 07:52:21 (permalink)
    kaptanedi
    I hope it'll be like you said. Finally. An item purchased from Amazon, unused, is guaranteed if I buy it from the original owner. This time, there is no store in between. A product purchased from the first owner by direct bank transfer. what do you say

The purchase would have to say “sold by Amazon” “shipped by Amazon”

If it says anything else, it is a second hand purchase.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/04/05 07:53:55
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile