Will i have the warranty

Author
lollygag
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 344
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2021/03/22 21:23:19 (permalink)
Ive searched, ive read.. Can anyone tell me, I got a 3090 from an elite member, bought from EVGA..  new unopened.. never registered.. i have his invoice.
If i upload the invoice, (which you already have) and register this to My EVGA, will i have the full warranty?

8 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/22 21:43:49 (permalink)
    No, you’ll only get the remainder of the warranty from the original purchase date.
    lollygag
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 344
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/22 22:17:37 (permalink)
    I guess i shouldve been more specific.. will it be extendable, and most importantly.. Advance exchange

Oh and thankyou Sajin for your response
    post edited by lollygag - 2021/03/22 22:18:42
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/22 22:52:20 (permalink)
    Advanced rma, and extended warranties are only available to the original owner, so no since you’ll be considered the second owner.
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/23 09:18:12 (permalink)
    Unfortunately you would only qualify for the Standard RMA should it need to be replaced. 
    nick_shl
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1073
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/24 20:38:56 (permalink)
    lollygagIve searched, ive read.. Can anyone tell me, I got a 3090 from an elite member, bought from EVGA..  new unopened.. never registered.. i have his invoice.
    If i upload the invoice, (which you already have) and register this to My EVGA, will i have the full warranty?
    https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
    Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)
    Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase of the transaction between the current owner and the previous owner.* The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
    Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.
    The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:
    • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
    • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
    Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -R2, -RB
    *For more warranty information about original and second-hand purchases, please see our FAQ here.
    Since this card was never opened and never registered and you will have original proof of purchase, I believe you can purchase Advanced RMA and Advanced Warranty. But if EVGA staff will check name on invoice and in your profile they may start to ask questions...

In other hand invoice doesn't proof who is original owner - you can order graphics card to your friend address, you can ask your friend to order and receive graphics card on your behalf, etc.

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    EVGATech_DavidR
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 318
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/25 12:02:43 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    Since this card was never opened and never registered and you will have original proof of purchase, I believe you can purchase Advanced RMA and Advanced Warranty. But if EVGA staff will check name on invoice and in your profile they may start to ask questions...

In other hand invoice doesn't proof who is original owner - you can order graphics card to your friend address, you can ask your friend to order and receive graphics card on your behalf, etc.

Unfortunately, that would not be the case. The advanced RMA and extended warranty are only options for the original purchaser of the item, with a verified invoice. If the item shipped to another customer, then it would not be available to a different owner, who's name is not shown on the invoice.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/25 12:07:13 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DavidR
    nick_shl

Unfortunately, that would not be the case. The advanced RMA and extended warranty are only options for the original purchaser of the item, with a verified invoice. If the item shipped to another customer, then it would not be available to a different owner, who's name is not shown on the invoice.

I think that should be rethought for gifting purposes. I purchased a 3070 a couple months ago for a friend as a gift from Best Buy.

I find it reprehensible that he couldn't buy the extended warranty simply because his name wasn't on the receipt.

Edit: I would like to note I am not *MAD (GRR!! argggghhh!! GNARRRRRRRR-RIFFIC!* ....I just think that policy might be better off if it was a gifted card that the recipient could buy the extended warranty

post edited by transdogmifier - 2021/03/25 12:08:52

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1073
    Re: Will i have the warranty 2021/03/25 12:30:47 (permalink)
    transdogmifierI think that should be rethought for gifting purposes. I purchased a 3070 a couple months ago for a friend as a gift from Best Buy.
    I find it reprehensible that he couldn't buy the extended warranty simply because his name wasn't on the receipt.
    You already answered(before I even asked) my question about gifts 
    You probably bought gift online? If you do it in store - I assume there is no name on receipt at all.
    Such strict policy actually doesn't make sense. It can be limited to first registered owner. Idea behind non transferable Advanced RMA and Extended Warranty is: someone can pay for it and 10 year warranty and sell this card during upgrade, let's say, 4 years later. Basically by limiting customers ability to buy Advanced RMA and Extended Warranty for new product(less than 90 days after purchase), EVGA loose money.

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile