EVGA Refused Delivery From UK

Author
DelBoy01
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/08 10:08:00 (permalink)
Ok so i got this email saying

Bare in mind its the first time looking at this forum.

"
Hello Mr. ******

The Parcel from RMA #  54112*****233*** seems to have returned due to insufficient declaration for customs ( BREXIT) clearance.

Courier (CK244999303GB ) refused to deliver the parcel because of unpaid Taxes  Customs Duties:  19,11 Euros.

Unfortunately, we cannot pay Taxes on the defective devices sent in for warranty replacement.

Please Re-send the package as DDP (Delivery duties Paid) to avoid the customs issue.

and declare the package contains Defective product( RMA), while sending in for warranty replacement to help with customs (BREXIT) clearance.

Stating Package contain Defective ( RMA) device sending in for Warranty replacement.

Please do not hesitate to contact if you have any further Question.

Regards

EVGA

I had no instructions about how to send it back apart from

SHIPPING METHOD

1. You are free to use the shipping method and courier of your choice.
2. EVGA recommends you obtain delivery confirmation and a tracking number for your shipment so you have proof of delivery. 
3. Insurance is optional and may allow you to file a claim in the event of a lost or damaged shipment.
4. EVGA is not responsible for any local customs charges. You are responsible for the cost of shipping the product to EVGA, including any import duties.

How the hell and i ment to send something from UK TO GERMANY and pay customs charges ? im just a customer and dont have the powers to pay customs charges before they have gone through GERMAN customs!

1 weeks now and no graphics card and its being returned.

Not happy at all wasting my time and cost of sending back from UK to GERMANY.

Anyone able to help please as evga dont seem to be answering their phones.
post edited by DelBoy01 - 2021/03/08 10:09:17

20 Replies Related Threads

DelBoy01
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/08 10:48:36 (permalink)
    "If customs says that you need to pay a fee or a tax, then sadly you will need to pay this. If customs tells us that we need to pay a fee or a tax for a product being sent in for repair, we have to pay it. There is no workaround to this"

https://forums.evga.com/CUSTOMS-PROCESSING-TIMES-for-RMAs-m2819310.aspx

So this applys to evga then yes ? but why did they refuse my rma ?

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/08 10:52:39 (permalink)
    To solve this issue I will forward this to EVGA EU so they can explain what you need to do. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/08 10:54:26 (permalink)
    The EU office is closed now so I hope they will contact you soon. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

DelBoy01
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/08 10:58:27 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    To solve this issue I will forward this to EVGA EU so they can explain what you need to do. 

Thank you BUT

This is the problem EVGA didnt tell me what to do !

It would be cheaper to get the invoice code from evga and pay the custom charge myself then getting returned and sent again.

Well i wont be re-sending it again incase this happens again.
    Why couldnt they explan this to start with i bet loads of people form the uk are getting this !
    DelBoy01
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/08 11:00:39 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    The EU office is closed now so I hope they will contact you soon. 

Also what happen to this ? Email said you dont and mods post said evga pay

"If customs says that you need to pay a fee or a tax, then sadly you will need to pay this. If customs tells us that we need to pay a fee or a tax for a product being sent in for repair, we have to pay it. There is no workaround to this"  That was said on a mods post ?

So frustrated right now!
    post edited by DelBoy01 - 2021/03/08 11:01:51
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/08 13:37:23 (permalink)
    Hi Delboy01,

due the Brexit, UK is no longer a part from the EU, therefore customs came up, which means each shipment outside of the UK, into EU customs needs to get paid - please get in contact with us through supporteu@evga.com and we can give some advice on how to ship best, through our experience.

Markus
    DelBoy01
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/09 07:32:49 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Delboy01,

due the Brexit, UK is no longer a part from the EU, therefore customs came up, which means each shipment outside of the UK, into EU customs needs to get paid - please get in contact with us through  and we can give some advice on how to ship best, through our experience.

Markus

Being a normal customer with no company with an account with a postal service this is 100% impossible for me to send with DDP paid!

EVGA email for sending back is not clear how to send back.
    Id gladly paid the €19.10 customs charge That EVGA skimped out paying. BUT i cant get hold of anyone from EVGA EU as no ones answering the phones!

I choose EVGA as they had a rep for good RMA! Seems funny  one time i have a problem they misguilded me!
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/09 07:56:31 (permalink)
    DelBoy01
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Delboy01,

due the Brexit, UK is no longer a part from the EU, therefore customs came up, which means each shipment outside of the UK, into EU customs needs to get paid - please get in contact with us through  and we can give some advice on how to ship best, through our experience.

Markus

Being a normal customer with no company with an account with a postal service this is 100% impossible for me to send with DDP paid!

Id gladly paid the €19.10 customs charge That EVGA skimped out paying. BUT i cant get hold of anyone from EVGA EU as no ones answering the phones!

I choose EVGA as they had a rep for good RMA! Seems funny  one time i have a problem they misguilded me!

Then try the email address given above

DelBoy01
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/09 07:58:51 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    DelBoy01
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Delboy01,

Markus

I have a ticket open

Thays how i got the RMA in the first place.

I came here for help but so far im not getting nothing
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/09 08:04:34 (permalink)
    DelBoy01
    rjohnson11
    DelBoy01
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Delboy01,

Markus

I have a ticket open

EVGA techs/customer service don't normally monitor the forums unless they have time to do so. For RMA support phone or email is best. 

DelBoy01
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/03/09 08:06:36 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    DelBoy01
    rjohnson11
    DelBoy01
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Delboy01,

Markus

I have a ticket open

EVGA techs/customer service don't normally monitor the forums unless they have time to do so. For RMA support phone or email is best. 

Ok well i have posted a ticket but still yet to here from someone
    and phone line are not getting answered at all. 30 mintues lastnight ans 22 mintues this morning NOTHING.
    Fuzznut
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/04/16 07:55:29 (permalink)
    DelBoy01
    rjohnson11
    DelBoy01
    rjohnson11
    DelBoy01
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Delboy01,

Markus

I have a ticket open

Ok well i have posted a ticket but still yet to here from someone
    and phone line are not getting answered at all. 30 mintues lastnight ans 22 mintues this morning NOTHING.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm about to send my graphics card back for RMA but am struggling to make sure I fill everything in correctly. I don't understand how to pre-pay for the duties/taxes etc. like they ask. Also, who did you end up sending it with and how much should the duties/taxes cost, UPS appears to be estimating ~£180 which seems a lot.
    kingy10kingy
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/05/18 10:48:38 (permalink)
    I am absolutely terrified of this happening to me as well....... It has been stuck in customs for 4 days now. I have autism and followed EVGA's RMA email to the letter with great difficulty and NOTHING like this was  mentioned about DDP etc... I used the carrier Parcelforce and was never even given an option like that .. have been terrified about having problems which by your posts look like I will have!
    post edited by kingy10kingy - 2021/05/18 10:50:03
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/05/19 09:03:35 (permalink)
    kingy10kingy
    I am absolutely terrified of this happening to me as well....... It has been stuck in customs for 4 days now. I have autism and followed EVGA's RMA email to the letter with great difficulty and NOTHING like this was  mentioned about DDP etc... I used the carrier Parcelforce and was never even given an option like that .. have been terrified about having problems which by your posts look like I will have!

I will send you a private message with my email so I can get your tracking information and we can look into this for you. 
    ches68
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/05/19 09:11:54 (permalink)
    Heads up, you need to ring the German number to speak to EVGA Europe, the UK line is closed as far as I know. You can still speak to someone in English.

I sent my RMA through the retailer who is handling shipping to EVGA for this reason. Hope you can get something sorted.

Fellow spectrum dweller here also,
    post edited by ches68 - 2021/05/19 09:47:35
    kingy10kingy
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2021/05/19 09:15:35 (permalink)
    Hi Daniel , please do I have tried to PM you but it says I do not have permission.
    Ace Modder
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2022/02/15 14:08:57 (permalink)
    I have the same problem today.   I have returned a faulty 3070 on the 9th Feb via Royal Mail UK.   (the funny thing is this is a 2nd faulty 3070 I have had, the 1st one I did a advanced prepayment and that went fine, and they advance shipped me a new card.  However the new card was also faulty... so this RMA now is being swapped and i am not willing to do an advance prepayment as it cost me £76 in exchange rate discreps when EVGA refunded me the advanced prepayment)  but now this RMA return shows:

The UK RM tracking shows:
    Tuesday 15 February 202205:52
    Available for Redelivery or Collection
    GRAEFELFING, Germany

Monday 14 February 202211:16
    Your item is currently with Customs in the destination country.
    FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN

11:16
    Item has left the overseas International Processing Centre
    FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, Germany

11:16
    Held with fee to pay
    GRAEFELFING, Germany

The German  website shows:
    The shipment will be handed over to the customs office responsible for the recipient. The recipient can collect the shipment from there once he has received notification from customs.

I'm very frsutrated I bought an EVGA RTX 3070, it was faulty from new, after testing for a few weeks as the problem was an intermittant issue, I paid for a replacement in advance, then I paid to return the faulty one, shipping cost was £40 ish, I lost £76 when you refunded me the Euros for the replacement due to excahnge rate and international charges.    Now I have paid to post this 2nd card back which is also faulty.   Costing me another £40 ish.

So now I am almost £160 out of pocket for FAULTY EVGA CARDS.   I'm expecting EVGA won't help here and the card will eventually come back to me and then I will have to pay a silly amount of money again to post it, and thats if any private server can offer DDP - initally it seems this is not really possible either.

I have logged a ticket with EVGA website, lets see what reply I get there 1st.   

lebowen
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2022/05/12 05:25:59 (permalink)
    @Ace Modder

I am now exactly in the same situation. I posted a card with all the correct forms filled in with tracking AND insurance. What was the outcome in your situation? Did you get the faulty card back?

I am a little confused at what fees should be paid on an essentially valueless item. 
    Ace Modder
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2022/05/12 05:35:58 (permalink)
    It made it's way to EVGA after about 3 weeks being stuck at customs/forwarders.  Eventually once EVGA received it they sent me a replacement card, which so far has been fine.   :-)

lebowen
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA Refused Delivery From UK 2022/05/12 05:48:14 (permalink)
    Did you have to contact EVGA to prompt them to get the card? Or did they just do it?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile