EVGA

EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address

Author
MartinUK
  • Total Posts : 75
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2021/02/25 09:33:09 (permalink)
I'm trying to return a faulty PSU from the UK to EVGA EU after having received my advanced replacement.

Unfortunately though, since EVGA decided to close their UK RMA centre I have to return the item to Germany.
The address provided by EVGA on their paperwork is:
EVGA RMA Dept.
Am Haag 8
82166 Graefelfing
Germany

After all kinds of problems with customs declarations, paperwork, export purposes, tariff codes etc etc its eventually actually made it to Germany...
but according to the courier they cannot deliver to that address, because it doesn't exist

I provided them with the EVGA EU phone number (+498918904911) so they could contact EVGA themselves, but of course, its very rare that anyone answers that number, so that didn't help.

Could anyone confirm if that office still exists? And is it actually open and staffed?

Right now, if this drags on any longer then it will go past the 30 day return window for the Advanced RMA. Does anyone know how flexible that window is, or will they try to force me to treat it as a sale even if its a day or two late?
I would hope for some understanding, since it took them over a month to even dispatch the replacement in the first place.

I tried contacting EVGA support but no answer..

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers

Martin

17 Replies Related Threads

MartinUK
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/02/25 10:13:44 (permalink)
    I eventually managed to find some mention of EVGA EU on Google Maps and according to that is "Located in: MOSER Trachtenwelt" so they don't even have their own unit :/
    EVGA GmbH - Google Maps

This appears to be some form of Traditional Costume Shop, which is of course closed due to COVID etc. Which probably explains the confusion the courier has, since they are given the address for a closed clothes shop with EVGA as the company name...

Right now I'm hoping its just the courier delivery person that is incompetent, and EVGA actually have made it obvious somehow that they exist and are open (well, presuming they do and are). Time will tell. But I can't fathom why EVGA wouldn't include where they are located in the address they tell you to ship it to, just to avoid these situations.
    Evil Tactician
    • Total Posts : 23
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/02/26 03:53:16 (permalink)
    This is exactly where my GPU went - and the package was refused by the addressee. Could it be nobody from EVGA is actually there to take packages?

They're insisting I mail the package again but this seems ridiculous.
    Evil Tactician
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/02/28 10:46:42 (permalink)
    So, I've managed to ask Parcel Force to re-deliver the package instead of returning to sender.

They've made 2 further delivery attempts to no avail. I am not sure the address that was provides is actually staffed. Yet EVGA will expect me to cover the costs/time and re-send the package again if it ends up back with me after this.

24/02/2021 - 12:35 Return to sender in the UK - refused by addressee Delivery Agent - GERMANY
    25/02/2021 - 12:21 Attempted delivery Delivery Agent - GERMANY
    27/02/2021 - 22:47 Attempted delivery Delivery Agent - GERMANY

I genuinely don't know why they tried delivery at 22:47 on a Saturday to a business address, but that's another story. Thursday at 12:21 should have been fine, as should the day prior to that have been.
    Evil Tactician
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/03/01 06:08:41 (permalink)
    A 4th delivery attempt was made today, still unsuccesful.

01/03/2021 - 11:39 Attempted delivery Delivery Agent - GERMANY

I'm not sure anyone is present at the address which was supplied...
    SH4LT1S
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/06/10 23:39:38 (permalink)
    Did it got delivered?
    Evil Tactician
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/06/11 01:40:47 (permalink)
    I don't know about the OP - but mine? No. I've given up and purchased a RTX 3090 from another manufacturer. I was really disappointed with the customer service and will not touch EVGA again.
    SH4LT1S
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/06/11 03:17:42 (permalink)
    Evil Tactician
    I don't know about the OP - but mine? No. I've given up and purchased a RTX 3090 from another manufacturer. I was really disappointed with the customer service and will not touch EVGA again.

im about to send mine today, so kinda scared now
    anx10us
    • Total Posts : 30
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/04 04:01:41 (permalink)
    Has anyone UK based actually been able to get a faulty part successfully delivered to RMA in Germany and returned fixed ?\

I have an RMA on an RTX 2060, it got delivered, refused and delivered back to me ... apparently there was a charge for the import of the GPU into Germany, even though its a warranty send and return.

I'd love to understand the process, it may be that I didnt fill in my paperwork correctly ? any pointers would be greatly appreciated as currently I have a very expensive paper weight ..
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/05 08:29:51 (permalink)
    anx10us
    Has anyone UK based actually been able to get a faulty part successfully delivered to RMA in Germany and returned fixed ?\

I have an RMA on an RTX 2060, it got delivered, refused and delivered back to me ... apparently there was a charge for the import of the GPU into Germany, even though its a warranty send and return.

I'd love to understand the process, it may be that I didnt fill in my paperwork correctly ? any pointers would be greatly appreciated as currently I have a very expensive paper weight ..

Was that even following EVGA instructions?

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|
    Corsair MP600 2TB | EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Hybrid | Alienware AW2721D | Windows 11

anx10us
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/05 08:34:33 (permalink)
    random_matt
    anx10us

Yes it was, RMA agreed, package sent to Germany as per their delivery instructions, the package arrived with duty to pay, EVGA refused to pay the duty, item was then shipped back to the UK, I then have to pay the duty charges and shipping charge back home.

I understand that this issue may not be an EVGA issue, however I cannot see an official process flow.

To be honest at this point i'd be happy to pay the duty myself to get a replacement card, but I cannot see a process to do this.

There is no foolproof method for EVGA to provide warranty to UK customers, without the UK customer having significant risk, delay and potential costs, I'd be happy to be proved wrong..
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/05 09:11:41 (permalink)
    anx10us
    random_matt
    anx10us

Yes it was, RMA agreed, package sent to Germany as per their delivery instructions, the package arrived with duty to pay, EVGA refused to pay the duty, item was then shipped back to the UK, I then have to pay the duty charges and shipping charge back home.

I understand that this issue may not be an EVGA issue, however I cannot see an official process flow.

To be honest at this point i'd be happy to pay the duty myself to get a replacement card, but I cannot see a process to do this.

There is no foolproof method for EVGA to provide warranty to UK customers, without the UK customer having significant risk, delay and potential costs, I'd be happy to be proved wrong..

Actually it is an EVGA issue. I buy from various Amazon euro stores and zero issue, and Newegg charge everything at checkout too. Curious to know what you wrote as value on the forms.

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|

anx10us
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/05 09:24:26 (permalink)
    random_matt
    anx10us
    random_matt
    anx10us

Actually it is an EVGA issue. I buy from various Amazon euro stores and zero issue, and Newegg charge everything at checkout too. Curious to know what you wrote as value on the forms.

I wrote the value as the full RRP as I needed to declare it for the shipping insurance ..

You are right this is an EVGA issue, its in their interest to figure this out, I wont buy another product going forward, my guess is major resellers like amazon, scan, overclockers will stop stocking the cards once they realise how annoyed their customers will be ..
    signious_ca
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/05 09:24:53 (permalink)
    @random_matt

The problem here is there is no actual duty to report - the UK has not found an effective solution to handle warrantied goods crossing the border so their only solution right now is to charge duty (illegally) and have the fees disputed after the fact.  This is happening to more than just EVGA/ Computer parts manufacturers.  We're seeing it in the manufacturing sector as well - and our company isn't going to float $10k duty on an agricultural piece just because the country you live in can't get their act together!

edit. You need to take this up with your MPs; this is a fault of the governments and it is not reasonable to expect a vendor to take up the slack for border services illegally holding goods which have already had duty paid on the original purchase.
    post edited by rjohnson11 - 2021/07/05 10:52:00
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/05 10:38:18 (permalink)
    anx10us
    random_matt
    anx10us
    random_matt
    anx10us

I wrote the value as the full RRP as I needed to declare it for the shipping insurance ..

You are right this is an EVGA issue, its in their interest to figure this out, I wont buy another product going forward, my guess is major resellers like amazon, scan, overclockers will stop stocking the cards once they realise how annoyed their customers will be ..

People get around by declaring zero, highlighting this is a warranty replacement. Declaring full RRP for a broken card does not make sense, probably why customs will see that value and charge accordingly. 

Your second bit mentions Scan, unfortunately their warranty for that card is Direct. So it is the customer who has to send to manufacturer. All other brands are return to base, they deal with it.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102220
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/05 10:53:27 (permalink)
    Please everyone no swearing or cursing on the forums even if disguised or removed by the forum filter. Such posts will be edited or deleted.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

anx10us
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/07/07 03:12:02 (permalink)
    random_matt
    anx10us
    random_matt
    anx10us
    random_matt
    anx10us

People get around by declaring zero, highlighting this is a warranty replacement. Declaring full RRP for a broken card does not make sense, probably why customs will see that value and charge accordingly. 

Your second bit mentions Scan, unfortunately their warranty for that card is Direct. So it is the customer who has to send to manufacturer. All other brands are return to base, they deal with it.

If you declare zero then you have no insurance .. so yes a broken card is near worthless, but if its goes missing I need insurance to the full value to replace it ..

Yes I understand that Scan warranty would be direct, however this still becomes a customer satisfaction issue for them, the resellers will start to not stock cards that cant be RMA'd in the UK simple as that ..
    voodoochild2008
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: EVGA EU Warranty return from UK - Undeliverable to specified address 2021/09/06 10:10:22 (permalink)
    Hi
    How was it when you posted it in the end? Did you have to pay the tax when EVGA got it in Germany and if so, how?

I am sending a PSU and EVGA are asking why UPS is saying the item will be taxed if I post it. (done everything right and used all info EVGA have given me)

Thanks
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile