Author
TeMorituriSalutamus
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/02/25 02:26:53 (permalink)
Hi all,

Time for a  kiwi( New Zealand ) RMA story 

I purchased an EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA in February 2019 (and registered it 5 days later ). Unfortunately the bearings in one fan appeared to have failed because it started screeching and then the fan died.
I duly took it to its place of purchase for RMA on 1st December 2020 but since then have been told that the EVGA NZ supplier has sent out 3 consecutive replacement EVGA cards which have all show a fault where the fans ramp to 100% and will not stop.

My place of purchase is now telling me that the EVGA supplier cannot get me a replacement card  so will either send me out a ROG Strix 2080Ti or I can have nothing.

I am not happy about this and would prefer an EVGA card replacement or equivalent (I have asked about a 3070) 

I know NZ is a long distance away from the EVGA mothership but is it really that hard to get some nice support?? The card was not even 2 years old when it faulted and apparently still has 365 days on its warranty

Anyway - is what I am being offered fair and the only option ?

3 Replies Related Threads

Evil Tactician
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA RMA IN New Zealand goes south 2021/02/25 04:51:31 (permalink)
    It's fair from the retailer, but it's not from EVGA. They are contractually obliged to replace a defunct card under warranty.

That said, I'm not having any luck with that myself either and that's directly with EVGA. Hopefully you can get this resolved, as consumers we deserve better than the current situation.
    EVGATech_DanielC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA RMA IN New Zealand goes south 2021/03/26 12:19:31 (permalink)
    TeMorituriSalutamus
    Hi all,

Time for a  kiwi( New Zealand ) RMA story 

I purchased an EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA in February 2019 (and registered it 5 days later ). Unfortunately the bearings in one fan appeared to have failed because it started screeching and then the fan died.
    I duly took it to its place of purchase for RMA on 1st December 2020 but since then have been told that the EVGA NZ supplier has sent out 3 consecutive replacement EVGA cards which have all show a fault where the fans ramp to 100% and will not stop.

My place of purchase is now telling me that the EVGA supplier cannot get me a replacement card  so will either send me out a ROG Strix 2080Ti or I can have nothing.

I am not happy about this and would prefer an EVGA card replacement or equivalent (I have asked about a 3070) 

I know NZ is a long distance away from the EVGA mothership but is it really that hard to get some nice support?? The card was not even 2 years old when it faulted and apparently still has 365 days on its warranty

Anyway - is what I am being offered fair and the only option ?

Hello TeMorituriSalutamus, 
    As i am from the US im not sure what our RMA policy differences are for North America and Europe, but im pretty sure this is something we cover in both regardless if your purchased from a retailer or third-party, as long as its a -KR Suffix card it will have 3 years warranty from the date of purchase or original ship date (if second hand), For RMA Assistance with this card please email into our support for your region at supportTW@evga.com
    so the region specific team can assist you in replacement of your card under warranty.
    If you have any questions you're free to reply here or even give us a call! 

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    EVGATech_DanielC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA RMA IN New Zealand goes south 2021/03/26 12:23:08 (permalink)
    Evil Tactician
    It's fair from the retailer, but it's not from EVGA. They are contractually obliged to replace a defunct card under warranty.

That said, I'm not having any luck with that myself either and that's directly with EVGA. Hopefully you can get this resolved, as consumers we deserve better than the current situation.

If you have having troubles with RMA consider giving us a call, phone calls are usually faster than emailing, for Australia our phone support is +886-2-8226-2868, If you're located in North America however feel free to dial our line @ 1 (714) 528-4500 During 9AM PST to 6PM PST so we can help the best we can. We are trying to get to everyone in a timely manner so we do appreciate everyone's patience in this hectic time we're all in!

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile