EVGA

RMA - EVGA won't take delivery of my shipped GPU...

Author
Evil Tactician
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/02/24 18:44:34 (permalink)
I'm currently stuck in what seems an impossible situation with an EVGA RMA.
  • February 12th, 2021 - A ticket was opened in regards to a defective GPU
  • February 12th, 2021 - Support answered the same day (great!) with a ticket number so I could open an RMA.
  • February 13th, 2021 - I opened an RMA - this process was more frustrating as the website times out or doesn't respond half the time but eventually got there.
  • February 15th, 2021 - The RMA was accepted.
  • February 17th, 2021 - I send the GPU following all instructions carefully, filed a bunch of customs paperwork and send off the GPU tracked, insured and on a premium 3 day deliver. The correct RMA label was applied to the package, the address was double-checked, etc.
  • February 24th, 2021 - (A full week later for some reason), "Return to sender in the UK, refused by addressee"
Problem: I've tried following up on the original support ticket, but the system just doesn't work. I've replied to it twice "successfully" with email confirmation and a 'message submitted' - but those don't show up in the ticket whatsoever. The rest of the time the replies don't even go through the system and it says my session timed out even if it's a brand new session started 5 minutes before that. I have no idea how to follow up with support on this.

The open RMA still says "RMA Received: Pending".

I am currently without my wife's GPU, £70 in shipping cost down and it is unknown if we'll even see this GPU again, and if we will: when. And when we do, it's still got the original problems.
Obviously completely reluctant to go through this process again, I'm not going to ship the card again to then have it refused again by EVGA - with return customs this is already a stupidly expensive proposition for what should be a free replacement of a defunct product under warranty. 

I've only bought EVGA GPUs for a very long time now and had 6 in a row. I've never had to use warranty - and always stuck with EVGA due to their good reputation. This experience is making me feel that loyalty was entirely undeserved.

The biggest problem is that it's just not easy to actually get support, the RMA/Ticket system doesn't work properly half the time. I can't follow up on my original enquiry to keep things convenient for EVGA support so they don't have to deal with new tickets. Heck, I can't even make a new ticket. What am I supposed to do?

I deeply regret even trying to RMA this. My wife is beyond annoyed and would rather have dealt with crashes for the next two years. I can't even buy a replacement GPU for her due to the shortages.
This was an £700 card from EVGA, it shouldn't be this difficult to get a replacement.
post edited by Evil Tactician - 2021/03/02 08:43:35

16 Replies Related Threads

MartinUK
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/02/25 09:41:46 (permalink)
    I'm in a similar situation (although not as bad as its only a £120 PSU). I shipped the faulty one to EVGA EU, correct address, had their label on the box etc etc...

It made it to Germany and the courier says they cannot deliver to the address as it doesn't exist. I don't have any details past that, and I've asked them to try delivering it again (handily I noticed on the tracking before they returned it to me), but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

Its a real shame they closed the UK RMA centre, knowing that existed was a big factor in me choosing EVGA products, but this current situation is something I'll do nearly anything to avoid having to repeat.

Best of luck getting it sorted out, hopefully one of the EVGA EU reps will come by this thread and try to help you.
    Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/02/26 03:47:53 (permalink)
    Pretty much the same for me... EVGA was my brand of choice due to the allegedly superior customer service.

Whilst I don't entirely blame EVGA (Brexit really isn't helping at all), at the same time they haven't found a solution. The UK market is quite big and they decided to close their RMA office which seems a bit short sighted especially under the circumstances.

Rejecting the package is something I can't accept. It means the customer is out of pocket for quite severe shipping charges, potentially doesn't see their card back for ages and is absolutely no closer to a solution.
    Support have asked me to re-send the package again, but there's no guarantee the same won't happen - and I have no idea when I'll even see the card back in the first place.

There's also the matter that import duties will occur, which means getting a replacement under warranty becomes extremely expensive.
    Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/01 07:15:14 (permalink)
    Update: 4 delivery attempts now, all unsuccessful 

I've now got through to Parcel Force and they've advised me that the recipient (EVGA) can contact the local delivery agent - that should straighten things up as the package is local. I've left a note on my open ticket to this extend, but EVGA haven't replied to my last few messages.

I'm a little worried they are ignoring me until the package has already left Germany again... It's entirely in their control to resolve with 1 phone call right now. Unfortunately this can ONLY be done by the recipient as the package has been handed off to the local delivery agent already.
    Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/02 01:10:50 (permalink)
    Another day, still no reply.

Obviously every day passed risk the chance of the package becoming completely impossible to deliver as it will go return to sender eventually. This is one of the worst experiences I've ever had getting something to a manufacturer.

The biggest problem is that I just can't get through to anyone at EVGA to just make 1 phone call to the local delivery company to resolve this.
    Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/03 02:58:49 (permalink)
    And this is what I feared would happen if they just left it, which is exactly what they did.

You had NINE days, EVGA. Well beyond the quoted RMA service level agreement. It really wasn't difficult to resolve this, but nobody seems to answer tickets and nobody is around to take delivery of packages (or you're actually just refusing delivery of RMA packages, who knows as I can't reach anyone...)

I'm beyond disappointed at this level of service. A £700 GPU which crashes, a further £70 to ship it to you and absolutely no solution in sight. I went with EVGA because the customer support was meant to be good, so far it's some of the most difficult I've encountered to get a problem resolved. This is simply not good enough and for a product this expensive it's not something I can or will just leave.

Assuming that anyone actually works in customer support right now, it would be great if someone could look into this matter.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/03 06:30:34 (permalink)
    Your in the  UK

I'll send an email to EVGA CS - try to raise this issue with the North America team ... they are not open yet

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/03 07:28:25 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Your in the  UK

I'll send an email to EVGA CS - try to raise this issue with the North America team ... they are not open yet

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I was under the impression this was dealt with in Europe/Germany, though? Is there a disconnect between support handling tickets and frontline staff in the EU? I'm super confused why my package wasn't accepted for delivery if DHL (the local delivery company) tried to deliver several times.

I appreciate conditions are unusual and tough right now, but at the same time these aren't exactly low value items we're talking about.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/03 07:49:41 (permalink)
    I have also forwarded this to EVGA EU as well. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/03 09:32:00 (permalink)
    Thank you @rjohnson11
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/04 04:01:39 (permalink)
    Hi Evil Tactician,

as due Brexit, upcoming custom clearance can happen - the Parcel from RMA #seems to have returned due to insufficient declaration for customs ( BREXIT) clearance. Unfortunately we are not able to act, as mostly we will get notified too late, which was also for your RMA the case - normally the customs, if there is any issues, will get in contact either with the sender or receiver, due Brexit it changed a little bit, and some packages, which were not declared correct, will get  returned immediately, without having the chance to act.

I will send an email to our Support Team, to provide you within an Proforma Invoice, which needs to get printed 3x times and put outside on the package.

Markus
    Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/17 05:20:59 (permalink)
    Update:

Finally received the package back. There was no evidence on it of any kind of customs duties that needed to be paid, but there were a plethora of stickers showing evidence that Deutsche Post tried to deliver it to EVGA.

The aforementioned document provided by support is nice, but we already had a version of this included and it was clearly labelled as RMA / No Value as well. Sending it again feels really risky, both due to the £70 cost to mail it out again but also the risk that the card gets lost forever.

Ultimately, the card does work, it just crashes intermittently. In current market, I rather have that than no card at all.

Very disappointed with EVGA, though. The process of creating an RMA was a ballache, the website often goes into loops or just times out and it really takes a long time to get any kind of useful reply. Needless to say the primary reason to buy EVGA over the years was their alleged good support - but experiencing this myself now has made me lose faith in EVGA as a supplier. Definitely no more EVGA moving forward...
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/21 04:05:31 (permalink)
    Evil Tactician
    Needless to say the primary reason to buy EVGA over the years was their alleged good support - but experiencing this myself now has made me lose faith in EVGA as a supplier. Definitely no more EVGA moving forward...

EVGA's European support is not good at all. I don't know if it was good some time in the very distant past, but I do know that I have read nothing but negative things about it here. I honestly have no idea why people in Europe buy EVGA cards. The supply of EVGA products in Europe is low, the EVGA online store in Europe never has any in stock, the EVGA European support is not good, and the EVGA Europe communication is non-existant.

EVGA should just shut down their European business already. It's been heading that way for a long time. Just get it over with.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/21 05:24:45 (permalink)
    Evil Tactician
    Update:

Finally received the package back. There was no evidence on it of any kind of customs duties that needed to be paid, but there were a plethora of stickers showing evidence that Deutsche Post tried to deliver it to EVGA.

The aforementioned document provided by support is nice, but we already had a version of this included and it was clearly labelled as RMA / No Value as well. Sending it again feels really risky, both due to the £70 cost to mail it out again but also the risk that the card gets lost forever.

Ultimately, the card does work, it just crashes intermittently. In current market, I rather have that than no card at all.

Very disappointed with EVGA, though. The process of creating an RMA was a ballache, the website often goes into loops or just times out and it really takes a long time to get any kind of useful reply. Needless to say the primary reason to buy EVGA over the years was their alleged good support - but experiencing this myself now has made me lose faith in EVGA as a supplier. Definitely no more EVGA moving forward...

You can't really blame EVGA on the problems the UK caused by leaving the EU. The customs is quite a mess. However if you follow the procedures by Markus all will be well. If anyone has any doubts about customs procedures from the UK to the EU let me know and I'll have EVGA EU contact you with the correct steps. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Evil Tactician
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/22 06:51:38 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    You can't really blame EVGA on the problems the UK caused by leaving the EU. The customs is quite a mess. However if you follow the procedures by Markus all will be well. If anyone has any doubts about customs procedures from the UK to the EU let me know and I'll have EVGA EU contact you with the correct steps. 

Normally, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, those steps were used in the first place and the correct forms were attached to the package.

The package has since come back and as mentioned there is 0 evidence of any customs duty anywhere on the package or even in the customs documents we attached and customs interacted with. What we do see is 5 different stickers of Deutsche Post DHL trying to deliver to EVGA unsuccessfully.

As EVGA didn't really communicate clearly at all during this process, as a consumer what am I supposed to believe?
    Send it again with the risk of the exact same thing happening? It's a legal requirement for EVGA to replace a faulty product during the warranty period - the process has not been a positive experience at all.

We're not exactly talking a low value item here. The UK market is big enough for EVGA to hold an RMA address in the UK - it was their choice to close that location. Given the circumstances with Brexit, having that address is even more important.
    (For the record I agree this country is dumb and caused this chaos, but EVGA is still operating in the UK market and thus has some responsibility towards its customers.)
    Vitorek
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/03/26 05:19:49 (permalink)
    Evil Tactician
    rjohnson11

Normally, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, those steps were used in the first place and the correct forms were attached to the package.

The package has since come back and as mentioned there is 0 evidence of any customs duty anywhere on the package or even in the customs documents we attached and customs interacted with. What we do see is 5 different stickers of Deutsche Post DHL trying to deliver to EVGA unsuccessfully.

As EVGA didn't really communicate clearly at all during this process, as a consumer what am I supposed to believe?
    Send it again with the risk of the exact same thing happening? It's a legal requirement for EVGA to replace a faulty product during the warranty period - the process has not been a positive experience at all.

We're not exactly talking a low value item here. The UK market is big enough for EVGA to hold an RMA address in the UK - it was their choice to close that location. Given the circumstances with Brexit, having that address is even more important.
    (For the record I agree this country is dumb and caused this chaos, but EVGA is still operating in the UK market and thus has some responsibility towards its customers.)

What EVGA should do is send us in UK return label with customs already declared correctly. There must be way of dooing it as "returned goods", as thats what i marked on Royal Mail label. No joy with delivery anyway... Honestly, its a joke made of people.
    kaptanedi
    • Total Posts : 30
    Re: RMA & Support - Desperate 2021/04/05 02:50:16 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Evil Tactician
    Needless to say the primary reason to buy EVGA over the years was their alleged good support - but experiencing this myself now has made me lose faith in EVGA as a supplier. Definitely no more EVGA moving forward...

EVGA's European support is not good at all. I don't know if it was good some time in the very distant past, but I do know that I have read nothing but negative things about it here. I honestly have no idea why people in Europe buy EVGA cards. The supply of EVGA products in Europe is low, the EVGA online store in Europe never has any in stock, the EVGA European support is not good, and the EVGA Europe communication is non-existant.

EVGA should just shut down their European business already. It's been heading that way for a long time. Just get it over with.

Actually, there seems to be no support. The support team sometimes doesn't respond at all, and if you're lucky they only send one message a day. It's a very bad situation. I did not know that it would be wise to take out the products I have and go with another brand.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile