EVGA

Venting frustration from razer keyboard...

Author
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2021/02/21 22:54:54 (permalink)
Bought a Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tenkeyless and the thing double types like mad. Sent it off for warranty (month old) they said they fixed it. Its not fixed. Quick google search shows it's a common problem. So frustrated. Well the venting is over thanks.

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

15 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/21 22:57:51 (permalink)

Moved to Hardware.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    dcell
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 121
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/22 18:46:25 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    Bought a Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tenkeyless and the thing double types like mad. Sent it off for warranty (month old) they said they fixed it. Its not fixed. Quick google search shows it's a common problem. So frustrated. Well the venting is over thanks.

Someone else was "venting" about their Razer products -- which they HATE.
    The worst thing is, apparently, Razer forces you to log in just to use them?
    I guess it's also bad if it double-types like mad and they can't fix it.

We all concurred that Razer sucks.
    Sorry about your keyboard.

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 10:47:02 AM PT No
    12G-P5-3969-KR 6/3/2021 10:46:49 AM PT No
    12G-P5-3968-KR 6/3/2021 10:46:37 AM PT No
    12G-P5-3958-KR 6/3/2021 10:46:16 AM PT No
    10G-P5-3897-KR     10/8/2020 1:01:45 AM PT
    10G-P5-3895-KR     10/8/2020 1:03:50 AM PT  
    10G-P5-3898-KR     1/30/2021 5:30:33 PM PT   
    10G-P5-3888-KR     2/10/2021 1:35:14 PM PT

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/23 01:58:12 (permalink)
    dcell
    BF3PRO

I finally fixed it.  They finally released a firmware update.  But guess what...  I had to login to use it.  The KB also has onboard memory but you have to have the Razer synapse software in order to customize it.  Which is cool I get it.  But it has to be constantly running in order for the lights and macros to be saved.

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/23 04:21:29 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    dcell
    BF3PRO

I finally fixed it.  They finally released a firmware update.  But guess what...  I had to login to use it.  The KB also has onboard memory but you have to have the Razer synapse software in order to customize it.  Which is cool I get it.  But it has to be constantly running in order for the lights and macros to be saved.

Not a fan of this kind of data mining (and that's what it is...)...I bet your entire system and what it runs is being monitored by Razer.

No thanks.

I'd go without the macros and colors heh

post edited by transdogmifier - 2021/02/23 04:23:36

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/23 08:10:35 (permalink)
    I've had 1 razer keyboard in all my years a long time ago ,.. and while it was great while it lasted,  it didn't seem to hold up all that long as I would have expected it to for the premium prices they charge.

Several mechanical switches gave out....

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/23 12:56:29 (permalink)
    I will tell you after two of their USB headsets would not talk to my z87 motherboard, no help no nothing, being ignored their customer service is terrible. Ended up having to toss those things. Then my Black Shark headset started to fall apart, they discontinued it. No spare parts unless from aftermarket parties and they fall apart. Then they buy the cheapest Omeron Switches for their mice. I have 16 dead Razor mice with crapped out omeron switches from 8months to a year. Honestly when I buy a new keyboard or anything I will probably never buy from them again. I was even nice and calm with support, never lost my cool. Even posting on their social media their CEO got an attitude with me asking them when will they offer support for this headset in a firmware update or change from the omeron switches that only last me eight months to a year.. 
    post edited by donta1979 - 2021/02/23 12:59:29

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/23 13:11:47 (permalink)
    It's part of why I like the Z20 and wish it had a 10 keyless version. It's not perfect but it's rally a great keyboard and really it seems like no keyboard is perfect. EVGA is pretty new to the mouse and keyboard market but I think they did an great job entering the marketplace. As for Razer at first I disliked the brand after a problem with the first mouse I had from them that literally burned out a USB port in about 2000 to 20001 era so I used mostly Logitech who got into the market place for gaming around that time. Then after hearing good things about Razer I gave them another try and really it was pretty good but recently it does seem like they do try to hard to have people log in to use the software and the products themselves are not always that great compared to other companies that don't have you logging in to use the software.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/24 02:26:02 (permalink)
    Yeah I like the keyboard now. I needed something to replace my CM Storm TK Quikfire Stealth I bought here on the marketplace for $45. Lasted almost 10 years. Then CM said they dont make them anymore. CM Storm was my go to for gaming peripherals.

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/24 02:26:50 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    BF3PRO
    dcell
    BF3PRO

Not a fan of this kind of data mining (and that's what it is...)...I bet your entire system and what it runs is being monitored by Razer.

No thanks.

I'd go without the macros and colors heh

had I known you couldn't set the colors and then exit out not letting it run in the background I would have gone elsewhere.

jpace731
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/24 08:57:23 (permalink)
    I've just been talking about how Razer's QC seems to have taken a drastic fall from grace. My basilisk ultra has a whole group of LED's that won't turn certain colors, it ghosts clicks often and doesn't even sit on the charge dock correctly. Tried talking to customer service and they spent 30 minutes doing pointless troubleshooting, then were trying to say it was a software issue and asked if I could redo all those steps on a PC without synapse. LOL. I'm just taking the L and waiting on my X17 to replace it at this point. Also, Razer Customs mats are horrible quality, do not recommend
    ImName62
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/28 13:29:41 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    dcell
    BF3PRO

Easy way to bypass the hassle of having multiple Rgb control software's would be to use something like "Openrgb" to simple set all or one of your hardware's to a static color though I do think it even lets you use a few programmed presets like you would get in synapse are hadware that has it, generally I just use a solid red color across all my stuff " razer blackwidow te chroma v2 & Logitech G G502 HERO atm" though so it works like magic for me so far to the point where I've deleted synapse and logics software from my pc all together bc f letting anybody mine my data & rundown my performance at the same damn time let alone at all and i haven't looked back, hope that it helps you to.

post edited by ImName62 - 2021/02/28 13:32:53

Hardware:
    Cpu - AMD Ryzen 5950x 4.5ghz
    Gpu - Evga Rtx 3070 XC3 ULTRA
    Cooler - Corsair H150 RGB Pro XT
    Monitor - LG 27GL83A-B 27
    Elite ID: I0IWHJT0HLE3EF3KYO
    Associate Code: H3Q54DGN3TOIW50
    DEJ915
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 544
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/28 18:16:36 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    dcell
    BF3PRO

That's nice they finally figured it out, my v2 TKL has the same issue even after they sent me a new one from RMA like you had.  I have mine in the box I need to list it for sale, the keycaps they use are atrocious quality as well and make it feel extremely cheap.
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/28 19:11:09 (permalink)
    DEJ915
    BF3PRO
    dcell
    BF3PRO

That's nice they finally figured it out, my v2 TKL has the same issue even after they sent me a new one from RMA like you had.  I have mine in the box I need to list it for sale, the keycaps they use are atrocious quality as well and make it feel extremely cheap.
    try the firmware update.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/02/28 21:27:23 (permalink)
    My Razer laptop is awesome.  No complaints.  Of the laptops I have purchased, it is easily my favorite one.  That's all I got to say about the "Razer Sucks" comment.  It clearly depends on the product.  I owned an Asus laptop, I owned a Sager (Clevo) laptop, I own an EVGA laptop, and I own a Razer laptop.  The Razer laptop is by far the best all-around.

Regarding the "data mining", there is an option in their software to set it to offline mode.  In offline mode, of course cloud syncing your settings won't work, but the benefit is that no information will be collected by Razer.  Additionally, if you choose to use online mode (which I don't), they reduced the "data mining" about a year ago in order to make everything consistent for everyone globally while complying with EU regulations (rather having to maintain their code differently for EU versus non-EU owners).  Maybe you could consider that lazy, but I think it is somewhat honorable.  There are many companies who choose to do the extra work to maintain EU vs non-EU data collection just so they can collect that sweet extra data.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/02/28 22:12:54

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

DEJ915
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 544
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Venting frustration from razer keyboard... 2021/03/02 15:02:31 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    try the firmware update.

I'll update it before I list it for sale, thanks again for the heads up.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile