Days Gone is coming to PC "this Spring" confirms Sony's Jim Ryan

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/02/23 12:08:40 (permalink)
Days Gone is coming to PC "this Spring" confirms Sony's Jim Ryan | OC3D News (overclock3d.net)

In a recent interview with GQ Magazine, Sony's Jim Ryan has confirmed that the company has "a whole slate of" PC gamer are coming from PlayStation and that Days Gone will be coming to PC this Spring. Days Gone is an action survival game from Sony's Bend Studio, and it is a natural fit for PC given the game's use of Unreal Engine 4. With Unreal Engine 4 natively supporting PC, there is little reason for Sony not to release the game on PC, especially given the success of Horizon: Zero Dawn's 2020 PC release. 

It is unknown what other PlayStation games are coming to PC or what PC platform Sony plans to release Days Gone. Given the game's use of Unreal Engine 4, Epic Games Store exclusivity would be an attractive prospect for Sony, as not only would Sony pay lower fees to Epic Games, but they will also be able to wave their Unreal Engine licensing fee for the title, which is a major perk of selling on the Epic Games Store. Days Gone will be one of Sony's easiest PC ports, given the game's use of an engine designed for multi-platform development. That said, Days Gone was programmed with PS4 in mind, which could present some difficulties when it comes to PC conversion. 

In Days Gone, players must survive in a world that's filled with zombies in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Players must fight against zombies and hostile humans using firearms, melee weapons and improvised tools. The game is one of Sony's lower-profile PC exclusives, releasing to mixed reviews when it launched in 2019.

It should be a really good PC game if done properly. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Days Gone is coming to PC "this Spring" confirms Sony's Jim Ryan 2021/02/23 12:41:56 (permalink)
    It should be nice to see it come to the PC but it's a series that I kind of thought that Sony might abandon after it wasn't a huge hit.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

jpace731
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Days Gone is coming to PC "this Spring" confirms Sony's Jim Ryan 2021/02/24 14:34:20 (permalink)
    Didn't think this game was "buy a PS" worthy, but I'll check it out on PC
    FearTehPanda
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Days Gone is coming to PC "this Spring" confirms Sony's Jim Ryan 2021/03/05 11:13:25 (permalink)
    Never really thought any game was good enough to buy a console for lol may try on pc
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile