EVGA

Z20 proximity sensor - reviews and details?

Author
micfogas
  • Total Posts : 52
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/02/22 03:05:58 (permalink)
So I've been considering the Z20, even though I've got a Corair K100 right now. The proximity sensor has me very intrigued. I typically leave my system on way too often, and pulling over 300w with just the Oculus app open and idle, it's become costly. the PC won't auto sleep with the Oculus app open, and thats my primary use for this system.

I'm curious about experience with the detection rangee, the software support and customization for it's use.

I'm thinking it might just be better to stick with my K100 and build my own presence detection with a NodeMCU ESP8266 and a TOF sensor. I use microwave motion sensors throughout my house for presence detection, but the range and cone are beyond what would work effectively. I use Home Assistant and could easily create an automation and IoTLink software to put my pc to sleep using mqtt with the esp module after no change in sensor data for, say, 15 minutes.

Does anyone use the TOF sensor on the K20 and can share more details about it? Still waiting on the user manual for it to be uploaded... Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Z20 proximity sensor - reviews and details? 2021/02/22 04:44:46 (permalink)
    I have the Z20 and the sensor has worked ok for me but I only use it to make the keyboard go dark. I haven't really used it to put the computer to sleep but it is an option. The sensor works with a range of up to 120cm or just over 47 inches. Time to put it into sleep ranges from 10 seconds to 999 seconds. It also has the option to log out which might also be something to consider.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile