Nvidia's DLSS tech has been added to NIOH 2's PC version

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102260
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/02/20 02:48:39 (permalink)
Nvidia's DLSS tech has been added to NIOH 2's PC version | OC3D News (overclock3d.net)

As part of NIOH 2's 1.26 update on PC, the game has received support for Nvidia's DLSS 2.0 technology, granting Geforce RTX users an opportunity to achieve higher framerates within the game using the technology and visuals that could be better than the game's native resolution rendering. NIOH 2's visuals are prone to aliasing on PC, even at high resolutions like 4K, making DLSS a great potential add-on for the title. We have not conducted detailed testing on the game's DLSS implementation yet. Still, if it enables higher performance levels and deals with the game's aliasing, it will be a solid upgrade for Nvidia RTX users. 

DLSS is a Deep Learning technology that allows users of Nvidia RTX series graphics cards to upscale images to higher resolutions using the power of the AI compute powers of the Tensor cores within their graphics cards. For example, a 1440p image could be upscaled to 4K to deliver 4K visuals at a higher framerate without a noticeable downgrade in image quality. If implemented well, DLSS' quality mode can offer gamers better than native levels of image quality, making it a must-use feature within most supported PC games. 

NIOH 2's PC version has many issues, including the game's lack of mouse/keyboard controller prompts within the game, a factor that makes is keyboard/mouse controls useless to most gamers. DLSS should help deal with the game's performance issues on Nvidia's RTX hardware. NIOH 2's patch 1.26 delivers a wide range of bug fixes and adds a new "Dragon Ninja" boon to the game to celebrate the reveal of NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch. The full patch notes for NIOH 2's patch 1.26 are available to read here

I'm curious if the performance increases are worthy of the DLSS inclusion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Nvidia's DLSS tech has been added to NIOH 2's PC version 2021/02/20 02:54:53 (permalink)
    Kind of sad when a PS4 port has to use DLSS to increase performance on the PC. Even the PS4 Pro is pretty old by modern PC standards so I am wondering why it's so poorly ported to PC.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile