Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
5E39B83C83B8476
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 115
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/16 00:52:06 (permalink)
ETH 2.0 switch to proof of stake will reduce demand, no?
Ibbanez
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/01 11:08:44 (permalink)
MegCoolBlood
Xavier Zepherious

COVID19 claims another victim, Vietnamese Internet Cafe transforms into cryptocurrency mining firm

Internet Cafe switching into the mining business.
When people can’t meet at Internet Cafes due to local restrictions meant to limit the spread of a virus, (now empty) businesses are transforming into cryptocurrency mining cafes. The owner of a Vietnamese Internet Cafe has announced it is switching business to GPU mining operation. “Profits are higher”, the company has announced on Facebook.

Switching business season, Profits are higher than net business

This particular Internet Cafe is owned by a computer store, which may explain how they got access to numerous GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards in the first place. While we can’t blame a business for trying to stay afloat, one would say that it could just as easily sell those cards rather than use them for mining. In the end, those are just another RTX 3080 graphics cards that have been sacrificed to mine cryptocurrency.

at least all there GPUs are now tested!

lol

Thermaltake Tower 900  || 5950X w/Artic Freezer II 420 ||ASROCK X570 Taichi  || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid || 32gb 3200ghz ddr4 || 2x1TB NMVE || 2Tb NMVE || EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 || AIRIST R-2R DAC + THX AAA 789 + AEON RT Closed  || Plus so much more ;p

TexAg12
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/01 12:30:52 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
mining - I break even in 4-5 months on 1 card at current prices of ETH - anything around over $15 a day is like $500 or more

remember i already had bought other cards (2080ti and another 3090) for gaming so they add an additional $750 at that rate

even at min 750 total for all cards( can be as high as $1500 if prices stay high) a month I pay of 1 card in under 4 months

and like 2c a KWH here

then you hear stories like this

GPU mining causing power outages in Iran

According to , an investigation by Iranian authorities has revealed that recent power outages in Iran have been caused by the growing popularity of mining farms in the country.
Chinese companies are reportedly moving their mining operations to Iran, where the electricity cost is 4 times lower than in mainland China (1.8 to 2.2 cents per kilowatt-hour). The country is now allegedly hosting 14 large mining farms that consume around 300 megawatts of power. This is comparable to the power consumption of a city with 100K inhabitants. According to research by the University of Cambridge, Iran is among the six popular destinations for mining farms in the world.

We receive photos with mining farms almost on a daily basis. Various companies specializing in selling mining equipment are eager to share their new batches of GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards when are then sold directly to miners. The source of these graphics cards is unknown, but it appears that neither board partners nor NVIDIA have any problem selling those cards to miners. So far we have not heard about any retail store or board partner being punished for taking part in this process.

begs the question.... Why in the hell can they get the cards  on a limited budget that most people in Asia have compared to us????

they can get all these GPUs and we cant even get one. NVIDIA! FIGURE THIS $HIT out.

• Intel Core i9-10850 3.6 GHz 10-core
  • Asus PRIME Z490-A
  • Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLZ 75 CFM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
  • Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4-3200
  • Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME
  • Samsung 870 QVO 2 TB 2.5" SSD
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2
  • Corsair RM 750 W 80+ Gold

lexxon87
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/02 12:09:08 (permalink)
CLL1990

In theory, yes. But if another altcoin comes around that is GPU minable and profitable enough before PoS hits, folks will hang onto their GPUs. If not, expect the used market to be absolutely FLOODED, which is good for gamers.
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/02 12:12:12 (permalink)
ETH has forked in APRIL
does anyone read what ive been posting???

Ethereum GeneSys Foundation Has Completed A 'Hard Fork' Of Ethereum to Reclaim Staked ETH 2.0 Coins, And Incentivize The PoW Mining Community On The Blockchain Network

https://www.prnewswire.co...network-301272383.html

ETH will be BOTH POW and POS

This hard fork initiated by the Ethereum GeneSys Foundation, known as the 'Maple Fork', has been undertaken to save the Proof-of-Work community, and to produce a forked coin called Ethereum GeneSys (ETG). The foundation also plans to make future changes to the Blockchain consensus, including those related to significant reduction of gas fees, Proof-of-Work security, as well as performance improvements.

Earl concluded "It is not only important to have node diversity based on codebase, but geographically diverse hosting as well. The long term goal is to have Hybrid approach, with both PoW and POS in their respective mainline branches, for all to participate".  

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/05/02 12:16:19

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

ervin87
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/06 02:51:29 (permalink)
Until this mining thing don't stop we gamers won't get new video cards.
Got amazed about the laptops mining and so many video cards just to make more "money"

If you are going to sign up for the Elite Membership Program, I will appreciate if you can use my referral ID: 4BMTH8QB8QTDIDA2N (you
can click on the code). If you do so, let me know by sending me a PM
with your associate code, so I can use it when buying a product, so I
can give back your favor. Thank you!

virboi
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/06 03:57:57 (permalink)
The can just mine other coins that arent proof of stake
jonnycard
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 123
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/06 10:51:15 (permalink)
TexAg12
Xavier Zepherious
mining - I break even in 4-5 months on 1 card at current prices of ETH - anything around over $15 a day is like $500 or more

remember i already had bought other cards (2080ti and another 3090) for gaming so they add an additional $750 at that rate

even at min 750 total for all cards( can be as high as $1500 if prices stay high) a month I pay of 1 card in under 4 months

and like 2c a KWH here

then you hear stories like this

GPU mining causing power outages in Iran

According to , an investigation by Iranian authorities has revealed that recent power outages in Iran have been caused by the growing popularity of mining farms in the country.
Chinese companies are reportedly moving their mining operations to Iran, where the electricity cost is 4 times lower than in mainland China (1.8 to 2.2 cents per kilowatt-hour). The country is now allegedly hosting 14 large mining farms that consume around 300 megawatts of power. This is comparable to the power consumption of a city with 100K inhabitants. According to research by the University of Cambridge, Iran is among the six popular destinations for mining farms in the world.

We receive photos with mining farms almost on a daily basis. Various companies specializing in selling mining equipment are eager to share their new batches of GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards when are then sold directly to miners. The source of these graphics cards is unknown, but it appears that neither board partners nor NVIDIA have any problem selling those cards to miners. So far we have not heard about any retail store or board partner being punished for taking part in this process.

begs the question.... Why in the hell can they get the cards  on a limited budget that most people in Asia have compared to us????

they can get all these GPUs and we cant even get one. NVIDIA! FIGURE THIS $HIT out.

1 per customer only 
The Kwaz
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/06 12:17:31 (permalink)
They must have a lot of brothers / sisters, lol
squishymittens
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/07 21:38:07 (permalink)
I'm really surprised that this is profitable at all! Each 3080 laptop is over $1500, so it would have to mine at least 1/2 of an ETH right now, which would I would think would take a while. I'm also surprised that it's not more efficient to just run a validator node on AWS or something instead, or stake ETH.
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/08 12:01:08 (permalink)
at $25-26 a day in each card right now (that over $50 a day on both here) for last 2 days 
I wish that I would have days like this all the time - at that rate is $1400 a month

I already paid off 1 card and working on the next one

mining isn't gonna end anytime soon

Im thinking of taking a line of credit on house to buy an ASIC or find a Investor(like my brother)
buy one pay it of(4 months) then still use the line of credit to buy the second (which should be paid in 2 months) - net income should be 16G's a month once i do that
im still considering getting a 3rd and a fourth ASIC after that

Smiggie
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/08 13:37:56 (permalink)
Without any sort or regulation this will go worse and worse, it's unbelievable
Costner9
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/08 13:46:54 (permalink)
Does anyone know if GPUs are easier to get in Asia? I have family in Hong Kong so maybe they could get some lol
Costner9
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/08 13:50:21 (permalink)
lexxon87
CLL1990

In theory, yes. But if another altcoin comes around that is GPU minable and profitable enough before PoS hits, folks will hang onto their GPUs. If not, expect the used market to be absolutely FLOODED, which is good for gamers.

Ya there are a bunch of other coins that can be mined for profit. Ethereum is just the most profitable. It would take an entire cryptocurrency crash to stop miners from mining. But ya if that happened then buying used mining gpus at huge discounts would be easy.
Zixinus
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 165
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/09 04:59:53 (permalink)
I actually wonder how bad this will be for PC gaming. I am already telling anyone interested in the topic to forget it, you can't get the GPUs and then you're already lost. If my old GPU died, I'd be be pretty screwed. If my entire comp died, I'd switch to a console and even that'll be a pain.

You know I also wonder whether this will cause problems later on, with people hanging on to their GPUs for generations because they're afraid that with another mining boom there will be a shortage and can make more money using their old cards rather than just selling them. The chip shortages are expected to last years.

Like, look at what's pictured here. This is almost hoarding behavior except the hoard is turned into a mint. ASICs are already coming online but miners are this desperate. I've read about how they turned old coal-fired plants into giant mining rigs that use natural gas.
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/09 05:23:06 (permalink)
Shame on those nasty Chinese GPU miners.
And all other GPU miners are selling their GPUs to the gamers, right?

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/05/09 06:02:47 (permalink)
Full Steam Ahead: Ethereum Blockchain’s Ether (ETH) Now Likely To Top $9,000

Ethereum ‘s Ether (ETH), the second-largest cryptocurrency after Bitcoin (BTC), is exhibiting extraordinary momentum these days, having recorded a gain of over 85 percent in just the past 30 days. With its inexorable march to new all-time highs, Ether is now likely to surpass its previous zenith relative to Bitcoin.

A host of fundamental changes to the Ethereum blockchain are aligning to strengthen Ether’s bullish case

A confluence of developments is bolstering Ether’s upward momentum. First, the Ethereum blockchain is about to undergo its most significant overhaul in years. As an illustration, the Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIP) 1559 will go live with the London hard fork in July. As a refresher, a hard fork is a radical change to a blockchain's protocol that makes previously invalid blocks and transactions valid. So, what is crucial about the EIP 1559? Well, under the existing dispensation, miners receive a fee from Ethereum users when a transaction is added to a block. This is, in effect, a transaction fee. The EIP 1559 will now automate the calculation of a base transaction fee based on the network activity. Thereafter, the transaction fee, which is paid in Ether, will be destroyed. This will reduce the annual addition to Ether’s supply from the current 5 percent to just 1 to 2 percent. As per the rules of economics, when supply decreases, the price must increase if all else remains equal. Consequently, the EIP 1559 proposal is expected to provide a solid boost to Ether’s price.

It is an established fact that mining is an energy-intensive activity. Consider the fact that Bitcoin mining consumes as much energy as that of a mid-sized country. Now, the Ethereum 2.0 – dubbed Serenity – is set to take this problem head-on. The major upgrade is intended to improve the speed, efficiency, and scalability of the Ethereum network and is currently being implemented in phases. Expected to be completely in place by the end of 2022

https://wccftech.com/full...ow-likely-to-top-9000/

--------------------------------
9x times what it started at in Jan
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/05/10 07:58:17

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile