How to rig a temperature sensor header to a Z490 Dark KingPin motherboard

Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
2021/02/04 19:22:20 (permalink)

I am building a water cooled rig with a Z490 Dark KingPin mobo and have a temperature sensor built in to the pump/res, but apparently there's no 2-pin T-Sensor header to plug it in to on this mobo! How can a $600 board built for overclocking not have even one T1 header? Frustratingly, there are multiple thermal sensors built into the board, so why it never crossed anyone's mind to put at least one header for a temperature sensor is just stunning - it seems it would have been so easy to add since there are already sensors built in. Heck, even the standard ASUS Maximus boards (Hero etc) have a thermal sensor connector (T-Sensor-1), even cheaper Z370-e boards have it.

Anyone have a relatively cheap solution to this? I already have the Corsair lighting node pro on my case and I don't want to spend $75 for the Commander Pro (or even more for the Aquero) just for a T1 port, plus I'd like it to work with AIDA64 which doesn't play well with Corsair iCue software, so if anyone knows a cheaper option that will provide a T1 port that can just plug in to an existing header on the board (USB header I guess?), please let me know.

EVGA, you *really* need to add at least one T1 port on future high-end boards, that's quite a stunning omission.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/02/04 19:28:46

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile