EVGA

Helpful Reply1070 ti SC Black Underclock

Author
CheshireDude
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/27 16:36:40 (permalink)
I recently began playing Dead by Daylight, and while I really like it, I am having a weird issue where my entire computer will sometimes just reboot at random while running it. After checking with their tech support, they suggested that the clock speeds on my graphics card may be too high, causing Windows TDR to flush the card and causing the restart. They suggested contacting EVGA for a possible solution to make my card run slower, but before I tried that I wanted to see if anybody on here knew how best to try lowering that speed.

What I tried was opening Precision X1 and putting the GPU Core Clock to the minimum setting it would let me, -200. I didn't touch anything else, since I'm not really sure what I'm doing, and that didn't fix the issue. Does anyone know what else I could turn down to potentially reduce the speed? And while I know overclocking could potentially harm my components, would I be able to harm anything by underclocking any setting that's in Precision X1? If I can just set everything to the minimum possible and see if that fixes it, it seems like it would save me some time.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 1070 ti SC Black Underclock 2021/01/27 23:02:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CheshireDude 2021/01/31 10:45:34
Underclocking isn’t going to hurt anything. Could be a overheating issue, ram issue, or a psu issue.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile