EVGA

Horrible Customer Service

Author
Qrypto
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/25 11:33:53 (permalink)
I will never purchase another EVGA product. And ill be sure to warn others about this company in the future.

I originally typed this through EVGA "Customer Service Survey" that is continusouly emailed to me. I know I will never recieve a response through email, so I am posting the story here for others who wanna know what their getting into ordering from EVGA.

Overall this has been a horrible experience ordering from this company. Went from being very eager to purchasing computer parts from your company, purchasing a gpu as it came in stock. Realizing the card I had purchased was not the one shown in the photos (no backplate).

I called EVGA the day after purchase before my item was even shipped or had a tracking label and asked that my order be canceled and refunded. I talked to Ernie and he said for a refund to be issued I would have to recieve the product and start the RMA process with the serial number on the item. I then asked Ernie for a return RMA label, and he told me EVGA does not pay for return shipping for refunds.

So at this point: day after purchase, I cannot cancel my order while you currently have the package still at your facility. And I will have to pay for returning an unopened, unsent, package I tell the company I DO NOT WANT. December 22, 2020 I recieve the package from EVGA, and immediately start the RMA process through the serial number on the EVGA website. By 5:30 I have submitted all my forms and everything EVGA has asked to get a proper refund. I went through the standard RMA on the site, providing serial number, date purchased, the invoice. And at this part it gives me a question with two bubble answers. Replacement? Or Refund? I clicked in REFUND. In my answer on why I was returning the card I also typed REFUND, and why I wanted to REFUND the product. I also spoke over the phone and told the customer service rep all this information, multiple times.

Going nowhere. By 8pm I am issued an RMA number through my email address. I ready the package, the return address and I also write RMA# clearly on the box. (bold permanent marker on cardboard shipping box) December 23, 2020 I take the RMA package to the mail carrier and pay out of my own pocket for label and insurance. This ended up costing me over $40 when it would of costed EVGA pennies. (Keep in mind this is a REFUND. An order I attempted to cancel on the phone with a customer service rep before it even left their facility or had tracking) I got my receipt from the mail carrier at 4:43pm. They told me my package would be sent to EVGA the following day December 24, 2020 at 2pm. I called EVGA the same day 12/24/2020 and spoke to Daniel, he verified my account through name and phone # and I spoke to him about the refund and told him the Tracking# from the carrier, he then said he added to the RMA notes. He also told me the RMA process had been extended because of the holidays from 16 days to 45 days.

I only called EVGA 12/24/2020 because I wanted to ensure an easy Refund with no problems. The receipt from my carrier says EVGA will recieve the package 12/31/2020 so I keep an eye out for the tracking. Due to your holiday schedule my RMA was not recieved by EVGA until 1/5/2021 at 10:54am. On January 6 2021 I am now waiting for a refund to be issued to my bank or an email confirming the funds are being tranfered back into my bank account. I  continue to check my bank and bank account until January 8th when I recieve an email saying your joke of a company that you call professional, is sending me something in the mail. In the email it says you are sending me a replacement instead of a refund.

Why would I need a replacement for an unopened, undamaged, unwanted product I asked to cancel and refund multiple times with customer service over the phone? On 1/8/2021 when I recieve this tracking email I cannot even call customer service because it is not EVGA business hours. I sent multiple EVGA emails that go nowhere and I never recieve a reply or response from email ANYTIME I send something to your company through email. I am forced to wait until January 11th 2021 to speak to a customer service rep by now I am beyond frustrated, I am waiting weeks for a REFUND and now I am being sent a replacement. I spoke to Daniel again, I called customer service as soon as business hours began. I was immediately put on hold and waited for 8 minutes (timed) until speaking with someone, if you call it speaking at all. The entire call was nothing but static and white noise, I could barely understand or hear anything the service rep was saying, it sounded like their voice was distorted, very static like. I told the rep this multiple times over the course of this phone call. After being on hold for 8 minutes, Daniel picked up (asked for name at the very end of the phone call before hanging up) This convo was short, I could barely understand any of it but the word "name" I told my name and most likely mentioned something of a refund and was then put back on hold for 22 minutes. (timed) At the 34 minute mark were back on the phone and im trying my hardest to make out what Daniel is saying, he tells me the EVGA package that is being sent to me will be recalled and I verify this by asking through the static multiple times, I recieve 2 RMA emails, 1 for an RMA request and then seconds later I recieve 1 confirming the RMA request saying I am now being issued a refund and it will take 7-10 days. I recieve a typed email from EVGA saying how we spoke over the phone and the product is being recalled to EVGA and I will have a refund issued in 7-10 days depending on my bank. I asked for the service reps name, I mistakely think his name is Neel when he tells me and he corrects me saying his name is Daniel and thats when I realize Ive already been through all of this bull**** with the same people and not 1 of the service reps is making sure word is getting to the correct people. I thank him, for nothing and end the call. Later in the day January, 11 2021 I check the tracking on the package from USPS to confirm it is being recalled, it was. So I go back to checking my bank account everyday thinking this company finally got it together.

On 1/18/2021 EVGA recieves and signs for their recall. 9 days after speaking to Daniel Im still waiting on a refund. So I call customer service on 1/19/2021 and ask why a refund is taking so long for an order I made clear with mutliple customer service reps I wanted refunded from the day after purchase. I was then told I would need to wait another 3-5 days for a refund because they just recieved the recall yesterday. He then told me there is nothing we can do to make this process go faster. I want my money back. At this point I feel like im being scammed. Your company has had the original return from me for WEEKS. I am being made to wait and wait for a mistake your company made during the return process. Today is January 22, 2021 and I am still waiting for a refund of my money to my account. I feel I've been more than patient waiting for a refund, on Monday if I do not have a refund being issued to my card, Ill be going to my bank to report fraudulent charges.

Its Monday January 25th 2021 and Im still waiting for a refund. EVGA has had my "return for refund" since January 5th.
post edited by Qrypto - 2021/01/25 12:10:49

7 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Horrible Customer Service 2021/01/25 11:43:35 (permalink)
    Paragraphs my man , that is brutal to try and read....

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Horrible Customer Service 2021/01/25 11:52:59 (permalink)
    Qrypto,

I am sorry you are going through that. I completely understand how frustrating that must be. Hopefully you get the refund soon.
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Horrible Customer Service 2021/01/25 16:48:16 (permalink)
    Newegg charges a 15% restocking fee on returns, so you could be getting a good deal after all. 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

ShawnB420
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 401
    Re: Horrible Customer Service 2021/01/26 07:11:13 (permalink)
    Dispute the charge on your credit card then

jpace731
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Horrible Customer Service 2021/02/19 09:10:14 (permalink)
    It seems like you're just coming here to get something more then just a refund. Like Shawn said, just dispute the charge. At this point you're well within the time frame to do so, and doing so will only help to get this solved quicker. 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Horrible Customer Service 2021/02/19 09:18:39 (permalink)
    jpace731
    It seems like you're just coming here to get something more then just a refund. Like Shawn said, just dispute the charge. At this point you're well within the time frame to do so, and doing so will only help to get this solved quicker. 

We may never know how it ends, OP has not been back to the Forums since they made this one thread 4 wks ago

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

jpace731
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Horrible Customer Service 2021/02/19 09:56:39 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    jpace731

We may never know how it ends, OP has not been back to the Forums since they made this one thread 4 wks ago

If he's being 100% I really hope he gets his money back. It just seems like an attempt to grab something more because of his sorrows. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile