XR1 - Nintendo Switch - Fornite mic

Author
Ill0can0
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/24 23:43:06 (permalink)
HI there,

My son is trying to stream via OBS / Twitch from his Nintendo Switch.  Gameplay and audio works great after following the quick start that came with the XR1.  Unfortunately the mic doesnt work through the XR1.  If connected directly to the Switch while docked, the audio passthrough to the XR1 is cut and the stream has no audio at all.  Is there a setting to enable the mic to work with the switch while streaming on the XR1?

Thanks!

5 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_JustinT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 115
    Re: XR1 - Nintendo Switch - Fornite mic 2021/01/25 22:37:18 (permalink)
    Hello, I was able to capture audio in a recording when using a wired 3.5mm Headphone + Microphone from the headphone port on the XR1 device itself. This was able to capture audio from the switch and from the microphone, while being able to hear the switch audio through the headphones.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Ill0can0
    Re: XR1 - Nintendo Switch - Fornite mic 2021/01/26 10:02:29 (permalink)
    I apologize, my post didn't explain it correctly. My issue is voice chat with other players on the switch. Our twitch stream can hear just just fine. But the in-game players cannot hear my mic. Right now my son plays fortnite, so his team can't hear him.
    Ill0can0
    Re: XR1 - Nintendo Switch - Fornite mic 2021/02/02 18:56:08 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JustinT
    Hello, I was able to capture audio in a recording when using a wired 3.5mm Headphone + Microphone from the headphone port on the XR1 device itself. This was able to capture audio from the switch and from the microphone, while being able to hear the switch audio through the headphones.
    Any update?
    EVGATech_JustinT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 115
    Re: XR1 - Nintendo Switch - Fornite mic 2021/02/13 22:15:28 (permalink)
    Do you have your microphone connected to the switch's headphone jack? Forgive me for not being familiar with that particular title; If the voice chat is done as an in-game feature (doesnt require a different application) it could be an issue within the game. I would think if voice chat is done this way, you would want your headset connected to the switch for this.

EVGATech_DanielC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: XR1 - Nintendo Switch - Fornite mic 2021/02/14 15:03:08 (permalink)
    Hey-o This sadly sounds like it may be a limitation with the nintendo switch in general, the XR1 should allow Gameplay output through the HDMI, however with games like fortnight, in order to hear the chat it naturally routes audio to the headset of the player, since your mic is being plugged into the XR1 if im not mistaken it is only used to mix audio to OBS, in which case, on other consoles like the xbox and play stationm they have options to mix audio to headsets and HDMI directly on the console, in which i belive the switch lacks the option to do so sadly, which is more of a limitation of the console being mainly built around local multiplayer/handheld games.

hope this helps a bit, took a while to look into haha

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile