GTX 660ti UEFI bois compatibility download

Author
cjlachuk
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/20 17:39:34 (permalink)
Hi All,

I recently bought a new motherboard, processor and memory to create second computer. Since I like my GTX 660ti I figured I would keep it running to try and save $$ after rebuilding a whole new unit. What I have discovered is the GPU bios does not like the UEFI bios of the new motherboard (MSI B460M Bazooka).  I am running Windows 10 Home as the O/S, I have also sent 2 emails to EVGA support but have not received a reply. In the email was the critical info for the GPU: S/N, P/N and bios version (GPU) along with O/S and MB type.

Due to the age of the card, I can't remember the date of purchase to register and hopefully move forward, any help would be greatly appreciated...I don't want this new/old cpu to be a boat anchor for much longer.

I have tried to change the MB bios to legacy (switch from UEFI to CSM) but it always defaults back to UEFI. This occurs even when I turn of secure boot and fast boot in the MB bios settings. I'm not sure if reformatting the SDD and changing the MB bios from UEFI to CSM before reinstalling windows will help since windows creates the EFI partition. 

Any help would be great or maybe push support to send a bios download or a link for the download would also help...

Thanks,
Chris
post edited by cjlachuk - 2021/01/20 19:03:53

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile