EVGA

First Time Overclocking, 10700k 5GHz

Author
kandiflippin
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2021/01/19 16:19:09 (permalink)
Hey everyone, so after tons of research and a few days of tinkering I think I have my OC dialed and was just hoping you guys could look what I have done and make sure I did not miss anything. In my research I found a ton of people have very different definitions of what is considered "stable" and am curious on if I ran enough tests to confirm its good. I started with 15 min test of Prime95 (small FFTs, AVX on) and made sure there where no issues there followed by an hour and a half of a custom Prime95 test (32k-160k with 1 min on each FFT that I saw Buildzoid run on his 10700k OC). After that was good to go I ran Cinebench23 stability test for 30 min, Intel XTU stress test with AVX2 for 30, and the 3dMark 20 min stress test before running benchmarks. I was able to get down to 1.25v but got a blue screen after about 45-50 min of P95. HWInfo showed 0 errors during all the tests.

I should add that this is just used for gaming and general home office work

Summary of my build:
MSI MEG Z490I Unify
EK AIO 240mm
G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb CAS 16

Temps peaked at 86c during P95 but were much lower on the other tests, I am at around 25c idle and peaked around 58c during an hour of playing games.

Is there anything I can do to improve this current OC or should I just call it good as it sits? I also found mixed info the IO and SA voltage, some people locked it in and others did not? I may try going up to 5.1GHz soon now that I caught the OC bug but wanted to make sure I was doing everything right before I pushed it further. 

*sorry for the crappy pic of 3dmark, I thought I could push it further so I just snapped a pic to compare to the next test.

post edited by kandiflippin - 2021/01/19 16:23:16

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile