EVGA

GT 710 won't see second monitor when power plug is in

Author
CEBracher
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/25 20:19:31 (permalink)
OK, this is a weird one. I've already gone through EVGA replacement on the GeForce GT 710 card, so I'm pretty sure that its not the issue.

I have an HP Pavilion desktop 590-p0066 and I'm using a Pavilion 32" display along with an Acer 22". The 32" (primary display, #1) is connected using an HDMI to DVI cable and the Acer (secondary, #2) uses a DVI-DVI cable. This configuration worked fine until it suddenly didn't, so I exchanged the card under warranty.

Since then I've replaced every cable including power cords just to be sure with no luck. I have also swapped out BOTH displays.

Now I have discovered that if I unplug the power cord from the Acer, it suddenly appear in the Display Setting control panel, but there's no image displayed if I plug it back in.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is getting a mini-HDMI cable to use that port instead of one of the DVIs on the card.

Any ideas???

3 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: GT 710 won't see second monitor when power plug is in 2020/12/26 00:40:42 (permalink)
    Maybe Windows is set to display on "PC screen only" or "Second screen only"..Press the Windows + P keys to bring up display config..Just a thought here.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

CEBracher
    Re: GT 710 won't see second monitor when power plug is in 2020/12/26 21:13:59 (permalink)
    bob16314
    Maybe Windows is set to display on "PC screen only" or "Second screen only"..Press the Windows + P keys to bring up display config..Just a thought here.

It was worth a shot, but it didn't change anything. Thanks!

CEBracher
    Re: GT 710 won't see second monitor when power plug is in 2021/01/03 21:03:32 (permalink)
    OK, this is a weird one. I've already gone through EVGA replacement on the GeForce GT 710 card, so I'm pretty sure that its not the issue.

I have an HP Pavilion desktop 590-p0066 and I'm using a Pavilion 32" display along with an Acer 22". The 32" (primary display, #1) is connected using an HDMI to DVI cable and the Acer (secondary, #2) uses a DVI-DVI cable. This configuration worked fine until it suddenly didn't, so I exchanged the card under warranty.

Since then I've replaced every cable including power cords just to be sure with no luck. I have also swapped out BOTH displays.

Now I have discovered that if I unplug the power cord from the Acer, it suddenly appear in the Display Setting control panel, but there's no image displayed if I plug it back in.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is getting a mini-HDMI cable to use that port instead of one of the DVIs on the card.

Any ideas???

UPDATE: I tried using a DVI to Mini-HDMI cable today and even did a full power cycle on the whole system, shutting everything down (both displays and PC) and UNplugged, plugged in the new cable and I got NOTHING. Not even my main HP Pavilion display would work.

I unplugged the Mini-HDMI cable and still nothing. THEN, I plugged in the original DVI-DVI cable and the main display came to life, go figure.
    post edited by CEBracher - 2021/01/04 21:58:33
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile