Need advice

Author
dwoodward
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6258
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 21
2020/12/13 09:49:19 (permalink)
Girlfriend want's to stream her switch games to her twitch account. I'm not a streamer, she loves it tho. So she's considering a capture card. She said she's thinking she'd like the Elgato HD60, she was recommended by others. Just curious if the XR1 is comparable or better? I'd love to hook her up with the best quality hardware she can get. The Elgato seems to be tried and proven, while the XR1 is very new. 

Anything helps. Thanks guys.

Register your Products! Click Here!
Did I help you find the product you were looking for?
Register your Product and remember to enter my EVGA Affiliate Code: JXE2Y5PH4K
Thanks! And enjoy your new EVGA Graphics Card / Motherboard!
Associate Code: 9KWI53WAR7PX3KS

Core i9-9900k | ROG Maximus XI Hero | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | 970 Evo NVMe | GTX 1070 Ti SC Black

1 Reply Related Threads

FeiLing
    • Total Posts : 97
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Need advice 2020/12/19 02:43:12 (permalink)
    The Elgato (even the pro version), at the same price as the XR1, is limited to 1080p whereas the XR1 can do 3840x2160. I'm confident that the XR1 has quite a few more benefits over the Elgato HD 60 (which is the older piece of hardware and the "go to recommendation" which means they kinda can get away with not actually being the best piece of hardware in the market any more but still ask a high price). What Elgato though might be still good or better at is the overall streaming environment - like if you have the WAVE1/3 mic and a stream deck their software goes well hand in hand. I can't say though if the XR1 is at an disadvantage there because I never used it :(
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile