Warranty help

Author
munchbunch85
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/02 05:56:13 (permalink)
Hi guys,

Newbie here, i've got a question regarding warranty on my secondhand P2 1000w psu.  I got this a few days ago and was unaware of its warranty status.  I checked the serial number to find the warranty runs out in 31 days.  I asked the original owner if he had registered the psu for its 10 year warranty to which he replied "no"!  As far as im aware, this unit should come with a 10 year warranty if registered?

I've since registered the psu to my account but theres no update on the warranty status, slightly annoyed but hoping theres something that can be done to increase the warranty period for this psu.

I've sent a support ticket to evga customer services and waiting to hear back.

Will they or is it even possible to get the warranty extended because the original owner didn't?

Thank you

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Warranty help 2020/12/02 07:07:27 (permalink)
    you would qualify for the Secondhand warranty Terms

EVGA Warranty

https://www.evga.com/warranty/power-supplies/
    (excerpt - North America)

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase of the transaction between the current owner and the previous owner.* The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
    Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.
    The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:
    • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -K0, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -K6, -K7, -K8, -K9, -KR, -KB, -KA, -KF, -GR, -SR, -V0, -V1, -V2, -V3, -V4, -V5, -V6, -V7, -V8, -V9, -VR, -Y0, -Y1, -Y2, -Y3, -Y4, -Y5, -Y6, -Y7, -Y8, -Y9, -X0, -X1, -X2, -X3, -X4, -X5, -X6, -X7, -X8, -X9, -XR
    • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -L0, -L1, -L2, -L3, -L4, -L5, -L6, -L7, -L8, -L9 -LR
    Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB
    *For more warranty information about original and second-hand purchases, please see our FAQ here.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

munchbunch85
    • Total Posts : 8
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Warranty help 2020/12/02 08:11:02 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    you would qualify for the Secondhand warranty Terms

(excerpt - North America)

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase of the transaction between the current owner and the previous owner.* The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
    Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.
    The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:
    • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -K0, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -K6, -K7, -K8, -K9, -KR, -KB, -KA, -KF, -GR, -SR, -V0, -V1, -V2, -V3, -V4, -V5, -V6, -V7, -V8, -V9, -VR, -Y0, -Y1, -Y2, -Y3, -Y4, -Y5, -Y6, -Y7, -Y8, -Y9, -X0, -X1, -X2, -X3, -X4, -X5, -X6, -X7, -X8, -X9, -XR
    • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -L0, -L1, -L2, -L3, -L4, -L5, -L6, -L7, -L8, -L9 -LR
    Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB
    *For more warranty information about original and second-hand purchases, please see our here.

My warranty of psu is as follows:

Length: 3 years from manufacturer's product ship date
    Days Left: 31

The unit should have a 10 year warranty, since i have registered it now, do i still get the 10 years?
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Warranty help 2020/12/02 11:37:10 (permalink)
    No, you don’t get the full 10 as you’re not the original owner.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile