EVGA

Gigabyte B550 Questions

Author
meaganmargaret
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/11/18 15:40:04 (permalink)
So, I have an EVGA CLC 240 that I want to re-purpose for my new AMD build.  I have a gigabyte B550 motherboard and am obtaining an AMD 5950X cpu.  But, I have a few questions.  The first:  Based on my observations, reading the manual and looking at the motherboard, it looks like this would use an AM4 connector type, correct?

But, The connections look different.  

According to the manual and looking at the motherboard, I think the AM3 retention ring is correct, but I'm a little worried about how to tighten with the screw nuts.   I have a package of what looks like four screw nuts (and the package is labeled AM4), but they are very different from the screw nuts for the Intel systems.  The manual doesn't do a good job to illustrate which of these are to be used.  In fact, the manual doesn't even identify these screw nuts or how they are used.  I've attached a screenshot of the unidentified screw nuts.   For this motherboard type and in this scenario, which should be used?

Any videos on attaching a CLC cooler to an AM4 motherboard out there?

Also, any thoughts on whether the CLC 240 has got enough cooling power for a 5950X?
post edited by meaganmargaret - 2020/11/18 15:51:56

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

kingofpeanuts
    • Total Posts : 99
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Gigabyte B550 Questions 2020/11/19 20:07:34 (permalink)
    You def. need the AM4 connector. Your image didnt seem to load so I cannot tell if you installed it correctly.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile