EVGA

Help with z370 FTW - cannot boot or get into bios. Says "0A" or "OA" motherboard led

Author
Dalmazian
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/25 12:19:14 (permalink)
Hello and I hope i am in the correct place for this post. About two weeks ago I purchased a z370 FTW motherboard and the bios was
already updated to accept 9th gen cpus. I have been using a 9600k in it without issues. Last night i started to have issues booting
with a signal from my GPU. The onboard graphics was working fine. So i tried one last time to reboot and get it to recognize through my GPU.
Now on bios switch 1 - it turns on, my fans dont spin and it sits and tries to restart without and post or bios access.
Now i switch to second bios, the fans work, things turn on but i get the code "0A" or OA" i cant tell if its a zero or O.
I have tried to break it down to just the CPU, RAM and power supply. I still get the code. Ive tried to reseat the ram and CPU. I just cant get
it to get past that code. The keyboard doesnt initialize during the power on either. Is it possible my first bios got corrupted and the second one wasnt updated to allow the 9th gen CPUS?

I am hoping someone has some sort of answer or lead on this one, its been driving me nuts.
Thanks in advance!
post edited by Dalmazian - 2020/10/25 12:47:56

6 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Help with z370 FTW - cannot boot or get into bios. Says "0A" or "OA" motherboard led 2020/10/25 14:44:59 (permalink)
    confirm all power connections to PC

Reset the Set BIOS 1 & clear CMOS

May have to test with 1 RAM at a time to see if they all work

Have M.2 drive ? confirm it is properly seated

https://www.evga.com/supp.../files/134-KS-E377.pdf

Your RAM from QVL (EVGA listed as tested) ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Dalmazian
    Re: Help with z370 FTW - cannot boot or get into bios. Says "0A" or "OA" motherboard led 2020/10/25 15:39:06 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    confirm all power connections to PC

Reset the Set BIOS 1 & clear CMOS

May have to test with 1 RAM at a time to see if they all work

Have M.2 drive ? confirm it is properly seated

Your RAM from QVL (EVGA listed as tested) ?

Hey thanks for your reply! Happy to see a response.
    Its crazy because everything was working fine last night.
    So i have tried taking out CMOS battery for 20 minutes that did not help,
    still cant get into bios number 1 or 2 at all.

I have tried 1 stick of ram, still no dice.

Also tried it without any HDD or ssd at all, still cant get it to post or even give beep codes.
    Reseated the ram a couple times, did the same for CPU - checked for bent pins, dont seem to see any.

Would the ram work for the night and then stop working? Cause I was playing games last night on it.
    Its DDR4  2400 - cl 17
    i believe its patriot viper.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Help with z370 FTW - cannot boot or get into bios. Says "0A" or "OA" motherboard led 2020/10/26 11:27:45 (permalink)
    page 126 manual (link above in earlier post) 0A = OEM initialization after microcode loading

purchased 2 weeks ago - are you the original owner - or did you buy it used ?

Your PC will boot if the GPU is removed ? ... you mention using iGPU in your OP

Test with known good / spare KB & mouse

The correct slot you use with 1 stick of RAM is covered in your manual p26 --> use slot 2 & test each RAM by itself

Any tabs from the backplate poking into one of the USB or other port ?

Removing MB & placing on a nonconductive surface (dry cardboard) .... does it boot ?

Testing outside of the case eliminates any issues with the PC case (ground, bad USB or switch ... causing issue)

Use the push button to clear the CMOS on your MB  (manual page 14)

Have a spare PSU you can test with ? [ONLY --> use cable that came with the PSU - they are custom pinned to the PSU outputs - the sockets are universal]

Might want to start a Ticket .... did you register the MB ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Dalmazian
    Re: Help with z370 FTW - cannot boot or get into bios. Says "0A" or "OA" motherboard led 2020/10/26 12:33:22 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    page 126 manual (link above in earlier post) 0A = OEM initialization after microcode loading

purchased 2 weeks ago - are you the original owner - or did you buy it used ?

Your PC will boot if the GPU is removed ? ... you mention using iGPU in your OP

Test with known good / spare KB & mouse

The correct slot you use with 1 stick of RAM is covered in your manual p26 --> use slot 2 & test each RAM by itself

Any tabs from the backplate poking into one of the USB or other port ?

Removing MB & placing on a nonconductive surface (dry cardboard) .... does it boot ?

Testing outside of the case eliminates any issues with the PC case (ground, bad USB or switch ... causing issue)

Use the push button to clear the CMOS on your MB  (manual page 14)

Have a spare PSU you can test with ? [ONLY --> use cable that came with the PSU - they are custom pinned to the PSU outputs - the sockets are universal]

Might want to start a Ticket .... did you register the MB ?

Hey glad to hear from you again! Still had no luck.
    I purchased the board new so I am the original owner. I tried without the GPU, with a different GPU, and Ive tried onboard graphics. None of them worked for me. Tried different mouse and keyboards in different USB ports and none of them would light up or initialize. I also pulled the board out of the case and was testing it on cardboard, tried the ram in different slots. As far as CMOS i tried the button, and I also tried pulling the battery out for 20 minutes. Still no go. Power supply works on other PC. I have exhausted every option available. I have contacted EVGA and I am in the process of an RMA. Hopefully everything goes well and they accept it. Not sure what could have caused this, but its all part of the experience. lol
    I just hope if they send me a new board it doesn't occur again. Thanks again for your replies its nice to see people trying to help each other.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Help with z370 FTW - cannot boot or get into bios. Says "0A" or "OA" motherboard led 2020/10/26 12:43:38 (permalink)
    Give an update after the RMA

Mention this thread in your Ticket to show what you have already tried    -->  https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3128360

Dalmazian
    Re: Help with z370 FTW - cannot boot or get into bios. Says "0A" or "OA" motherboard led 2020/11/14 12:34:09 (permalink)
    Just wanted to update. I received the new board.
    Plugged into the integrated graphics and booted up. It looked all wonky and the colors were crazy and had horizontal lines going throughout the screen but I figured that would clear up once in windows was installed and fully updated. Unfortunately it did not, so I did all of the windows updates within windows even though it looked like some atari graphics and all of that. Once it finishes, I reboot, and cannot get a signal for the life of me. Tried different cables, even wiped the SSD and reinstalled windows 3 times. Maybe the integrted graphics HDMI port is shot? I have no idea. Ive cleared the CMOS, ive gone into windows with an actual GPU from my other build and it works fine, but this PC is not going to be used for gaming or graphics at this point so I just need the onboard to work.
    Its a bummer because its been pure issues with this board and I want to like it. But having it fail the first time, and getting an RMA that doesnt work is frustrating. Not sure what else to do, but I am also going to make a new post for it.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile