EVGA

WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China

Author
eknight76
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/24 00:14:25 (permalink)
Just saw this story on a thread on resetera.  Just throws more fuel on the fire that Nvidia was woefully unprepared for adequate launch supply.

It may technically be a paper launch, but its not much thicker than that.  Also throws a little water on the rumors of boatloads of cards coming over.  China doesn't need boats to travel for weeks and they are still severely supply constrained.

https://wccftech.com/nvid...ards-in-china-october/

12 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/24 04:58:45 (permalink)
    This seems like Computer Industry News. I would have submitted a request to a moderator, but the function seems broken on my phone currently.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

R3L3NTL3SS
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 575
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/24 06:03:08 (permalink)
    All I can say is if AMD actually has supply like they claim (I don't doubt it, TSMC yields are incredible), Nvidia is about to lose a LOT of sales to AMD. More than any generation in the past I bet.
    Nvidia knew from the day they decided to use Samsung for chips they were making a mistake with Samsung's garbage yields, yet they went with them anyway so they could save money. Now this is the situation we're in. 5 weeks after launch and not a card to be found still.
    eknight76
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/24 10:39:02 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    This seems like Computer Industry News. I would have submitted a request to a moderator, but the function seems broken on my phone currently.

Ah, that makes sense.  My first thought was that it belonged here since there is so many threads as to when we're going to be able to easily purchase 3000 cards.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31004
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/24 11:08:14 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

And a Mod would move it ... if we could ... Forums are not working correctly
    at least I could not move it - tried 3 times

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

• Total Posts : 3
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/24 11:37:04 (permalink)
    Shame on NVIDIA ! This company doesn't care about their "valuable" gamer clients. If AMD would have enough stock availability with Big Navi, I'll cancel my order and go with the Reds.
    DamienR
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/24 20:41:35 (permalink)
    lorenzoxbe
    Shame on NVIDIA ! This company doesn't care about their "valuable" gamer clients. If AMD would have enough stock availability with Big Navi, I'll cancel my order and go with the Reds.

Thats the only good thing about the delays, Many of us will cancel the orders if AMD is better or matches 3080 & has stock.

jingiko
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1517
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/24 21:32:03 (permalink)
    DamienR
    lorenzoxbe

Thats the only good thing about the delays, Many of us will cancel the orders if AMD is better or matches 3080 & has stock.

One theory could be that due to the worldwide supply demand on everything with this pandemic at the same time about to cross paths with AMD. nVidia is now anticipating what AMD has up its sleeve to either decide on continuing to push for faster production at a possible loss of profit(by pushing manufactures/component suppliers to increase production) or cut its losses and lower its targeted initial production when the 30series first launched & everyone wanted one.

But like most businesses I'm certain nVidia is trying to make as many 30series cards as it can until the launch of BigNavi to really see the scope of what to do with future production.
    Im not an economist but Its possible that most companies are already seeing 2020 as a write-off and focus on 2021 instead. I mean they're already changing SKUs of the 3070Ti cards
    Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 349
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/25 02:12:59 (permalink)
    DamienR
    lorenzoxbe

I wish. But sadly my panel is Gsync only and I don't like tearing / stuttering. Switching to AMD would force me to change my panel and I don't have the money for that unless the card really is hundreds under 3080 pricing which if performances are similar, probably won't be the case.

Also I hope AMD is valuing more EU customers than some Nvidia partners here (EVGA included, still waiting for an EU queuing system while cards are rolling almost daily in the US).

Though I will buy AMD this year with their CPU, already have the motherboard.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/25 02:49:55 (permalink)
    It's kind of line people are saying the 2080Ti was easy to find after launch or that it wasn't hard to find a 1080Ti. People have liked NVIDIA cards a lot at launch and they sell out normally until December to early spring. I go into every launch expecting it.

As for AMD and Big NAVI it could depend on what product is slowing down the 2080 production. If NVIDIA is having trouble getting GDDR6X memory for example and Big Navi uses the same memory it could be a problem for both AMD and NVIDIA since only one company is making it. Right now though rumors seem to be only GDDR6 but who knows until the rollout.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

DamienR
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/25 03:05:09 (permalink)
    Huntercyril
    DamienR
    lorenzoxbe

I wish. But sadly my panel is Gsync only and I don't like tearing / stuttering. Switching to AMD would force me to change my panel and I don't have the money for that unless the card really is hundreds under 3080 pricing which if performances are similar, probably won't be the case.

Also I hope AMD is valuing more EU customers than some Nvidia partners here (EVGA included, still waiting for an EU queuing system while cards are rolling almost daily in the US).

Though I will buy AMD this year with their CPU, already have the motherboard.

Must be a Horrible panel?, I have the PG348Q & while it has G-sync it works Far better without it. CPU bottleneck was the only cause of tearing with it in the past. (using same monitor & GPU, Ram 2666mhz to 3200mhz so there was that as well...).
    post edited by DamienR - 2020/10/25 03:10:50

Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 349
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/25 03:16:33 (permalink)
    I have PG279QR iirc or something like that (QR for sure as well at 27"). I've never ran without Gsync on that panel, you intrigue me. You are sure it's a Gsync only display, with Gsync hardware within the panel ? Because since 2019 panels that are FreeSync can be Gsync compatible and that's the issue I'm facing mine is fully Gsync hardware no FreeSync. And being FreeSync + Gsync compatible might be why you Gsync seems to be bad (not all Gsync compatible panels are good)

Also, what FPS do you run ? 60 or above ? Since my 1080 FTW at 1440p can't maintain 144 fps in enough games (I'm lucky if it's above 80 or 100 tbh in recent games) I really want 100+ without any issues. I'll deactivate Gsync to see just in case who good / bad the experience is. At worst I could just send back the card (EU customers gets 14 days of sending back products if not happy) I suppose.
    DamienR
    Re: WCCFTECH story on 3000 series supply issues in China 2020/10/25 03:40:05 (permalink)
    Huntercyril
    I have PG279QR iirc or something like that (QR for sure as well at 27"). I've never ran without Gsync on that panel, you intrigue me. You are sure it's a Gsync only display, with Gsync hardware within the panel ? Because since 2019 panels that are FreeSync can be Gsync compatible and that's the issue I'm facing mine is fully Gsync hardware no FreeSync. And being FreeSync + Gsync compatible might be why you Gsync seems to be bad (not all Gsync compatible panels are good)

Also, what FPS do you run ? 60 or above ? Since my 1080 FTW at 1440p can't maintain 144 fps in enough games (I'm lucky if it's above 80 or 100 tbh in recent games) I really want 100+ without any issues. I'll deactivate Gsync to see just in case who good / bad the experience is. At worst I could just send back the card (EU customers gets 14 days of sending back products if not happy) I suppose.

It's just G-sync only, IPS panel, 3440x1440, I use: 60fps MMO, 90fps FPS. It has 100hz max. 1080ti. Yeah the lack of high FPS is common with 1080/1080ti & higher Resolutions, same boat wanting a 3080 for that. There was also a few Gsync panels removed from nvidia driver (issues) lately, latest driver has them fixed.
    5960x, 5930k had "semi decent" frames but unstable frame rates with lead to tearing. 3900x cpu zero issues not only "more" frames but stable frames which made the most difference. Same monitor & GPU. Did a handful of testing way back after the swap so I know what fixed the issues" including tearing on my system. I'd be lying if I said it was perfect zero tearing, but if there is any its not been noticeable since upgrading the CPU.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile