EVGA

RMA Process - Worst Experience ever!!!

Author
RoloFuentes
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/18 07:08:31 (permalink)
I'm going to write about my experience here, so everybody that is in front of the same situation has more information.

I bought a Hybrid Graphics card on July 13th, NStore by Amazon. After a long shipping time, I receive it.

When I had all the components for my new Sim machine I start assembling it. But the Graphics card never worked. I posted my problem at the EVGA forum, I receive some suggestions and the card was dead (August 18th).

I get in touch with the seller.. the reply "I can give you a refund because we don't have it in stock", but I wanted that card so they recommend me to get in contact with EVGA for a replacement.

I get in contact with EVGA (chat) and Cristian Johnson talked to me, I ask if they had the card in stock and that a new one is what I wanted, I was not interested in any repair, just wanted a replacement (because the EVGA webpage shows that it was out of stock), "We have different stock for sale and for RMA" Cristian say to me. I asked about the process and the answer was about 2 weeks the shipping back to my country and about 3 labor days the inspection of the card.

I was in a hurry so a few days later I send the card with all their instructions I used the same original box, package it inside another bigger box with foam, etc. All this coordinated with Kevin Song (ksong@evga.com), Shipping time from my country to EVGA 3 days, cost USD 58 by FedEx

3 days later, I receive the received message from FedEx. And here is where the nightmare starts.

Not after 3 days, after about 5 days without any notice, message, or anything I see a "Process finished" on the EVGA page, but there was not any replacement, not a single email or update about the situation of my case.

I asked for a replacement and the answer "we don't have it in stock", I say: "But I send you a new card that it has never worked, you should give me a new one"... after a few messages Kevin told me that I should speak with Jose Calderon (jcalderon@evga.com). At this point, I explain my situation for about the 5th or 6th time. Also, I explain that because of my sim setup I need a hybrid card, a regular cooling card would not work, so if they don't have my card in stock I would pay the commercial difference for the next one (seems fair to me) or upgrade (the RMA process says that if it is not available they do it with no charge, but they didn't want to).

So after a few emails... guess what, EVGA will send me a repaired graphics card, that I bought new and never worked. (Not to mention that I really don't trust a guy with a cup of coffee and a few donuts in his desk repairing my graphics card).

The card arrived to Brea on Sept 3rd, by Sept 14th it arrived in Miami (Monday) and it should be shipped to my country that Wednesday (Sept 16th) that was what Kevin and Jose assured me, at this point my confidence and trust in EVGA has gone to trash, so I asked for the tracking number. Nonsense excuses, no tracking number. The next week, I receive an email from Nelxon Gomez (ngomez@evga.com) asking me to confirm my address (why??, it was delivered or shipped las week, but I gave all the information), and ask again for the tracking number, again, no information, just stuff about customs, and bla bla bla (things that I know and I'm very familiar because of my previous job).

The next day I ask for the tracking number, Nelxon assured me that the card was picked up by the 24th of Sept, but the logistics company (Skynet) has some system problems and they can not provide any tracking number. At this point WHAT!?!?!?! a logistics company picks up a package and you don't have any label created, no tracking number no proof that they picked up a package? I wrote to all the EVGA stuff and emails I've found (Joe Darwin -jdarwin@evga.com- Jaeson Wilda-jwilda@evga.com), and a few days later Jose reply my email telling me that I will have the tracking number the next day.

Guess what, the tracking number never arrived, in the meantime, Nelxon called me and asked me my shirt size and told me that I will receive a mouse because of the problems. But I should stay calm because the package was picked up around Sept 24th.

By Oct 2nd I receive the tracking number, and what I thought, it shows that the Skybill (or label) was created Oct the 1st and it was picked up by Oct 2nd. I mention this to the EVGA stuff and the answer was "The information provided by the tracking number has a delay" So this should be about 7 to 10 days of delay. When I asked about that Nelxon say to me "Your card is at your country"

Of course today Oct 18th I have not received anything, EVGA blame customs, but the time at customs was 3 days. EVGA says this is an outlier case, is not usual, but I have read a lot of cases like this in different forums, this one included.

If EVGA from the first time says to me "We will repair your card" I just send it back to the seller, receive the refund and buy another one.

Bottom line, the process is not transparent, EVGA has lied to me not once, but a lot of times. If anyone needs proof of anything that I'm saying, I have A LOT of emails that prove everything that I'm saying.

Attached Image(s)

Atari 800 XL
Cassette player
12" Sony Trinitron color

2 Replies Related Threads

Jacob.jenson6
    • Total Posts : 51
    Re: RMA Process - Worst Experience ever!!! 2020/10/20 00:44:35 (permalink)
    Man... sounds rough.
    Sounds like a lot of this is completely out of their hands though.
    You bought an old card that they no longer stock. Maybe it's new to you, but they haven't been making 2080 hybrid inventory for a very long while now.
    You probably could have talked them into transferring the cooler into another card for you. They're pretty cool like that.

Seems like they could have just said "Screw this dude" and sent you a comparable air cooled card, but they didn't. They went out of their way to repair a card sold to you by a third party, and then ship the thing back to you.

They don't control shipping, or customs, and the U.S. is having some major shipping problems right now. Not to mention your country poetically wanted to quarantine the package because we've been absolutely terrible at controlling this epidemic.

I'm sorry you've had a rough experience. I hope you recieve your card and things get a touch better.
    Good luck with the Sim!
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2020/10/20 02:44:13

https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42222
    RoloFuentes
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: RMA Process - Worst Experience ever!!! 2020/10/20 05:15:18 (permalink)
    Jacob.jenson6
    Man... sounds rough.
    Sounds like a lot of this is completely out of their hands though.
    You bought an old card that they no longer stock. Maybe it's new to you, but they haven't been making 2080 hybrid inventory for a very long while now.
    You probably could have talked them into transferring the cooler into another card for you. They're pretty cool like that.

Seems like they could have just said "Screw this dude" and sent you a comparable air cooled card, but they didn't. They went out of their way to repair a card sold to you by a third party, and then ship the thing back to you.

They don't control shipping, or customs, and the U.S. is having some major shipping problems right now. Not to mention your country poetically wanted to quarantine the package because we've been absolutely terrible at controlling this epidemic.

I'm sorry you've had a rough experience. I hope you recieve your card and things get a touch better.
    Good luck with the Sim!

Hello!

The good news I receive the card yesterday!

The bad news, it has some parts with glue, by the back it looks that the PCB was used, it also has some nasty scratches on the top, the stickers are looks used... Again, I send them a NIB card, and they send me this. (I will upload some pics of how I send it and how I receive it)... it looks very used and abused

Works? Yes I did some tests and benchmarks that are published on some pages and it is working 10°C above what they had and the clock is about 100 Mhz slower than the results of the test done by those guys. Is this normal, I don't know I will search for how much it could be a reasonable parameter.

Being reasonable  I would say, there are a lot of things in their hands, and some out of their hands. Each company choose their providers. If your provider gives you a bad time a few times, then you change it or just keep doing the same thing.
    I'm aware of the COVID and all that stuff. But with the correct communication, probably I the results could be much different.

Here goes the problems (Maybe something make sense to someone -I'm a former Customer Manager at a service company-)

1.- "Yes we will replace your card" -> Never did that, just say we can't do it. Or once you receive it tell me. In that case, I would ask you to ship it to the seller and ask for a refund.
    2.- Communication is always a key thing -> Keep update on your case, just put a BOT sending emails telling in which part of the process is in your case. Tell him what is going to happen. When you go to the doctor, he explains what is the problem, the possible solutions, and how are going to treat you.
    3.- Listen to your customer -> He has bought an expensive electronic part, sometimes he bought that because of something, details, keep those in mind
    4.- Communication again -> Explain the process, what could be done in some cases, and what can't be done. Clearly set up the expectations.
    5.-A used card with a few years of use is very VERY different from a new card -> I send them a new card, no scratches, perfect shape, that never worked. I receive a card that looks used and abused, with scratches, glue stickers in bad shape...

In most cases when something goes wrong, or you make a mistake if you have proactive communication, you can solve them and your customer is happy. In this case "hey, we will not replace it, we will repair it and it will look repaired, also it need sometimes a LOT of time to arrive to you" -> Instead of sending it to EVGA I send it to the seller for a refund (Easy!!).

P.S The sim after months is working right now, I will have to set up it again, In the meantime a did a few changes but it looks it will give me thousands of hours of fun... (my rig, I don't know what is going to happen with the card)

Atari 800 XL
    Cassette player
    12" Sony Trinitron color
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile