What sample rate do you use?

Author
CyberPunk71
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2020/10/17 10:02:34 (permalink)
Hi,

I have the NU Audio sound card and Overall I think it's Awesome. I have had some issues with it, an example being I can't use the Nahimic software without serious problems in Battlefield 5. The fix for this has been to simply uncheck the Nahimic software when installing the Driver. The downside is I have lost some nice features in the Control panel.
Besides that, recently I have noticed that if I make adjustments to the 10 band Equalizer I can get what I can only describe as clipping. It's most noticable with percussion and I can hear it through my speakers & headphones. I have the master volume set at 80 to allow headroom for the Equalizer, could it be that with too much adjustment I'm reaching the limits of what my speakers or headphones can cope with?
The speakers are KEF Eggs 2.0 which I use with a Klipsch 10" sub, not high end I know but decent and the headphones are Philips Fidelio X2's & OPPO PM3's.
I did notice that the sample rate for playback was set very high 32bit - 384000 so I have lowered that to 24bit - 192000. Just wondered if anyone else has had this clipping type sound and what sample rate is best for gameplay and general music listening? 
Thanks, Cyber!

7 Replies Related Threads

CyberPunk71
    Re: What sample rate do you use? 2020/10/18 06:33:49 (permalink)
    Okay,
     I have reduced the master level down to 75% and no more clipping when altering the Equalizer, guess I just needed to experiment a little more 
    NeE9ioSoVV
    • Total Posts : 8
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: What sample rate do you use? 2020/10/18 07:15:02 (permalink)
    Some of my games audio was funky, and I could not get my music quite right.

I removed the "Nahimic EQ" and swapped to "Equalizer APO". My mic input clipping for no reason and at random is now gone, and my audio is clean, flat, and modifiable.

I am not sure if it is just me but the Nahimic EQ is not great, heck when I tried to reinstall it the drivers would install fine but the Nahimic EQ would throw a blue screen.

As for output clipping I can't say I noticed. Or to be more accurate I am wearing double hearing protection because 450W rms is no joke when you are trying to drag race your audio equipment in a small room. But from what I could hear through my skull it did not sound like clipping. And that was with 100% master out, most of the time I am sitting at 50%.
    CyberPunk71
    Re: What sample rate do you use? 2020/10/18 08:27:16 (permalink)
    Thanks NeE9ioSoVV,

I feel that Nahimic implementation is responsible for a lot of the problems users have with this otherwise superb sound card, What I was hearing in the way of clipping has definately gone now that I have turned the master down, everything Crystal clear and very detailed.
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: What sample rate do you use? 2020/10/20 10:27:17 (permalink)
    I roll with 24-bit as well (19200Hz because using a mic requires it) when gaming since some games can't handle 32-bit.

I don't have issues with Battlefield 5, @CyberPunk71. What issues are you experiencing?

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    Vivicector
    • Total Posts : 70
    Re: What sample rate do you use? 2020/10/20 20:09:51 (permalink)
    No point in using higher level then the music you listen or the audio in the games you play have. I have 32 bit precision, its ok in all the games I have tried. Higher is good for low volume listening. What was wrong for you?
    Nahimic is not very good software. As for the EQ, try using it in the reverse mode. So lower the freq you don't need instead or rising the freq you need and then rise the system volume. If you reach more then 100% system volume with EQ, the clipping will appear. Also, EQ is disabled at 100% volume too.
    As for sampling rate, the only issue I have is the spatial sound in Windows hard locked to 48 KHz 16 bit or something like it. It always switches to this setting. Really spoils my life since this feature is much better then any virtual 7.1. Also, if you listed to music through ASIO, the bugged drivers won't switch the sampling rate back afterwards. This results to missing sound in the system. So if you listed to 44.1 KHz, then set driver to 44.1 KHz. 
    CyberPunk71
    Re: What sample rate do you use? 2020/10/21 11:25:24 (permalink)
    Good advice all, thanks,

Don't know what it is with BF5, it's the only game I have problems with, with Nahimic installed when I launch BF5, immediately the music volume is very low with a terrible distortion to it, remove Nahimic and it's fine? Have never gotten to the bottom of it.

I'm sure back when I first posted about this it was flagged up as a known issue but still not fixed with the latest Driver, it's not really a big deal, anyhow, thanks for your replies, Cyber!
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: What sample rate do you use? 2020/10/21 12:46:08 (permalink)
    CyberPunk71
    Good advice all, thanks,

Don't know what it is with BF5, it's the only game I have problems with, with Nahimic installed when I launch BF5, immediately the music volume is very low with a terrible distortion to it, remove Nahimic and it's fine? Have never gotten to the bottom of it.

I'm sure back when I first posted about this it was flagged up as a known issue but still not fixed with the latest Driver, it's not really a big deal, anyhow, thanks for your replies, Cyber!

Very strange. No issues here with the pro card at 24-bit/192kHz in BF V.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile