Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/10/01 00:53:52 (permalink)
https://www.pcgamer.com/asus-to-launch-a-second-round-of-b450-motherboards/

AMD's Socket AM4 platform accommodates PC builders of all stripes. Those who need the latest connectivity and features can choose an X570 or B550 motherboard to enable the next-gen PCI Express 4.0 interconnect for the graphics cards and storage devices. Not every PC builder needs to be on the cutting edge, though, and the attainable B450 platform is tailor-made for systems where value is the most important consideration. We're boosting the bang-for-the-buck of this platform with a refreshed family of ASUS B450 motherboards.

Going with one of our refreshed B450 boards for the foundation of your build gives you more flexibility in how you allocate resources in your next Ryzen system. You might be able to choose a faster processor, a boosted graphics card, a bigger, future-proof power supply, or quieter, more robust CPU cooling. The latest Ryzen 3000-series processors will be right at home in our buffed-up B450 boards, and you can still install first- and second-generation Ryzen CPUs in these boards if need be.

The Prime B450M-K II sticks to the very essentials to deliver a straightforward, reliable motherboard. Budget-friendly productivity builds, home theater PCs, or even cost-conscious gaming rigs can all benefit from this model's simplicity and affordability. Although it's the most humble model in the range, it still carries a quality Digi+ VRM to power entry-level and midrange Ryzen CPUs. A total of 64 GB of RAM can go into this board's two slots, and the main PCIe slot has SafeSlot Core structural reinforcement. One M.2 storage device can be augmented with four more SATA ports.

The upgraded rear panel now boasts an HDMI port for broader display compatibility. BIOS FlashBack support comes paired with a 32 MB firmware chip to maximize CPU compatibility, and builders get an internal connector for two USB 3.2 Gen1 front-panel ports. Even on this straightforward board, the one-stop Armoury Crate software eases configuration and tuning efforts.

Personally I find it strange to make a new motherboard with an older chipset but maybe ASUS is trying to make a low cost Ryzen setup. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: ASUS Announces Refreshed AMD B450 Chipset Motherboards 2020/10/01 02:38:57 (permalink)
    USB BIOS FlashBack is a great feature that can really save the day..Asus has had that for years..Glad to see EVGA is getting onboard with it 

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile