EVGA

Step-Up program authorized resellers - Megekko

Author
Inlumino
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/22 14:29:50 (permalink)
I have been looking for Nvidia 2070 Super to temporarily bridge the gap awaiting for the 3070 serie. Initially I was planning to purchase another brand, until I read about the EVGA Step-Up program.
Unfortunately I missed the part where you need to have purchased the GPU from an authorized reseller. To my surprise, the online store where I bought from,  Megekko, isn't one the website (). However, it seems the store is an official partner of Nvidia and is established as one of biggest etailers in the Netherlands.

In short, eventhough Megekko isn't listed as a official EVGA partner, can it still be acknowledge as an authorized reseller and therefore the GPU's I purchased are eligible for the Step-Up program?
post edited by Inlumino - 2020/09/22 14:34:11

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

whji1991
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: Step-Up program authorized resellers - Megekko 2020/09/22 15:46:58 (permalink)
    Can’t imagine this will happen tbh. Good luck though! Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Urieldagda
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re: Step-Up program authorized resellers - Megekko 2020/09/22 16:07:59 (permalink)
    I find it weird how they do this Step Up thing, myself. There are a lot of reputable retailers that they send cards to, but aren't "authorized".  That and the fact that places like Amazon and Newegg seem to try to steer people to cards being sold by outside sources.. It's confusing enough that new customers, or customers that decide to try to use Step-Up for the first time will most likely not be able to, because they didn't realize that Amazon or Newegg, while sending them the cards weren't the "seller" of the card because it's in, like, 2 point font.

I'm glad I just read about the step-up and decided to try using it for a 3080 and happened to have seen warnings by other posters before I bought mine. Because Amazon kept bringing up "fulfilled by Amazon" but not "sold by Amazon" listings and I had to do an intensive search to find the few 2070s they still had.

Maybe EVGA should have larger ones like Amazon and Newegg and the big ones in other countries that they do authorize have a clear statement on the purchase screen, or somewhere that states whether the card being shown is eligible for Step-Up, or put in big print near the card name "ONLY EVGA CARDS SOLD BY US ARE ELEGIBLE FOR THE EVGA STEP-UP PROGRAM".

It would lead to less customer frustration.
    kwdtje
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Step-Up program authorized resellers - Megekko 2020/09/28 10:23:15 (permalink)
    I want to order from megekko so i can use the step up program, but I see megekko listed as an official reseller on the EVGA website? So it should be eligible for step up, right?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile