EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/09/16 23:01:01 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/272250/ea-announces-medal-of-honor-above-and-beyond-a-vr-experience

Respawn Entertainment, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), and Oculus from Facebook today announced during Facebook Connect that the highly-anticipated upcoming Virtual Reality (VR) title, Medal of Honor : Above and Beyond will release on December 11, 2020, worldwide. This new innovative and immersive title blends films and games into one, and will be available on the Oculus Store for Oculus Rift and Steam with OpenVR support and cross-platform play.

"The Medal of Honor franchise has always been a powerful series that tells the untold stories of war heroes, and from the beginning of this series in 1999, our goal has been to create grounded and emotionally authentic games that are true to the experiences of people that fought and lived through it," said Peter Hirschmann, Director, Respawn Entertainment. "We're honored to share these moving first-hand stories from survivors and veterans of WWII and deliver an immersive VR gameplay experience that provides high-flying action and emotional, intimate storytelling in equal measure."

Medal of Honor : Above and Beyond returns to the series' roots, transporting players to a boots-on-the-ground World War II setting that spans the earth, sea and sky, with players jumping from planes, skiing down mountainsides and sabotaging Nazi bases. Aspiring soldiers won't be going it alone, however: a veteran sergeant and young British medic will serve as companions throughout the single-player campaign, and the game will feature appearances from other Medal of Honor legends, including Manon Batiste and Dr. Gronek.

The single player campaign also aims to tell one of the most immersive World War II stories yet in a robust and emotionally-driven first-person experience. The team at Respawn has spent the past four years and hundreds of hours interviewing veterans of the war, and traveled to the places where history happened, in order to get the emotional tone of the game right. The team also captured more than 120 pages of stunning performance capture - an entire movie's worth of narrative performance - to supplement the moving tale of heroism and sacrifice.

Additionally, Medal of Honor : Above and Beyond will feature a variety of multiplayer modes, some of which are only possible in VR and with the addition of Steam support, players will benefit from cross-platform play across multiple different devices. Keep an eye out for more information on these modes in the months ahead.

For more on the upcoming title, the development team's latest blog post can be found here: https://www.oculus.com/me...or/the-sounds-of-war/.

Stay tuned for more details on the coming leading up to launch, including more details on Medal of Honor : Above and Beyond multiplayer features, new modes and more.

Sounds like an interesting VR type of game. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

8 Replies Related Threads

liquidblue1985
    • Total Posts : 77
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/17 07:53:54 (permalink)
    I'm super excited for this. I bought an Oculus 1 about 3 months ago and just grabbed the Oculus 2 yesterday. I've always been a huge fan of the MoH series and glad it's coming back in some form.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/20 18:26:38 (permalink)

Love MOH games.  

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Poss273
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 109
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/23 21:07:10 (permalink)
    This sounds cool. I've always like MoH and I really enjoy shooters in VR. I will probably snag this to try on the Index.
    HiFiPotato
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/24 08:20:24 (permalink)
    Respawn makes really solid games. I'm excited for this. 
    programmer8922
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/24 08:54:53 (permalink)
    Glad to see they're taking audio seriously. It literally make me feels physically weird to play VR games without proper audio. Looking at your Skyrim VR, lol
    adaemus
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/26 16:46:35 (permalink)
    Nice, another one to add to my queue.
    Yesterdays_news
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/26 21:09:48 (permalink)
    I should get a helmet one I get a 3080. I'm guessing the HP is the next best one after the Index
    Mithrandir8
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, a VR Experience 2020/09/29 06:39:45 (permalink)
    Wow, I'm pretty excited for this one! MoH games started to feel a bit stale, but this is a nice change to keep the same WWII shooter interesting.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile