EVGA

AnsweredStep-Up queue question

Author
BornAgain
  • Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/05 12:13:44 (permalink)
So I'm looking at possibly trying to use the step-up program to the new RTX 30 series as long as they are made available before my 90 days are done. My last day is the 17th, the day the cards are released. So my question is, if I go to use the step up program and enter the queue, do I have to choose what card I want to upgrade to before or after making it through the queue? My thought is if I have to say which card I want beforehand then ill have to hope the new cards are made available by the 17th. If i have to enter it once I've made it through the line though, then I can enter the queue and ill have a couple more days to let the cards go onto the step up list. Im just not sure how the queue system fully works
EVGATech_MattM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2245
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Step-Up queue question 2020/09/05 14:02:32 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2020/09/10 12:54:28
Welcome to the forums. For the Step-Up program you would have to choose the card you are going to Step-Up to when you enter the Step-Up process. You can cancel it and start a new Step-Up for a different card as long as you are still in the 90 day Step-Up window from the purhcase date of the card however we would not be able to change what card you are going to mid-process to be fair to all of our customers. If you cancel a Step-Up you would be put at the end of the queue when starting a new Step-Up.

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA when any of the announced series will be on added to the Step-Up list and it would be limited models depending on availability.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Step-Up queue question 2020/09/06 13:50:46 (permalink)
One thing to also be aware of, for clarity sake, is that if you enter the queue at 90 days (the 17th) and decide you want a different card, you will not be able to leave the queue, as you will not be able to re-enter.  I doubt EVGA adds more than 1 card to the list for the 2080's, so you may only get one option, and have to decide to take it or leave it.  By the time the 3090's come out, you will have already missed the 90 day window and will not be able to enter the queue again.
BornAgain
  • Total Posts : 44
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Step-Up queue question 2020/09/06 19:56:16 (permalink)
I know, im looking at the 3080, so im hoping they get added on the day of release even if its a long queue time. Im totally willing to wait. And even if they aren't, ill still probablt purchase one at some point soon when they are in stock. I love EVGA and love their products, so the step up program would help greatly but isn't a necessity for me either.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile