X299 DARK UEFI/BIOS Update Request

Author
j8t2b
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2020/07/26 08:18:23 (permalink)
Hi,

I'm formally requesting a UEFI/BIOS update for X299 DARK with updated ME/Management Engine FW (Firmware).

I'd be very thankful for such an update. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I use my machine mostly as a workstation. It's a fast one alright but yes as a workstation, and I'd feel more at ease, more peace of mind, if I were running the latest ME FW in my system firmware from Intel.

What would make me feel most at ease would be if EVGA UEFI/BIOS engineers could follow Microsoft recommendations/best practices for modern UEFI implementations...  And EVGA can likely even just ask AMI about it and they'll certainly know, and might even be able to simply send over documentation for quick/simple implementation or something. (Links to said references are to follow - show these to a UEFI/BIOS engineer and they'll know exactly what they're looking at, and, these Microsoft-endorsed enhancements will increase platform/firmware security by a great margin!)

Microsoft resources for tech-enthusiasts/the intrigued and the engineers:
- (Everything under 'In this section' is highly relevant. The goal is for the firmware to allow for us to use Virtualization based security features like System Guard, System Guard Secure Launch* (not to be confused with Secure Boot, we have support for that now), Credential Guard, etc!

- (Explicit list and link to information on implementation of all that is listed - these must be implemented into the system firmware (UEFI/BIOS).

3 Replies Related Threads

startekselva
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 300
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: X299 DARK UEFI/BIOS Update Request 2020/07/26 10:00:39 (permalink)
    im using the x299 as my main system and with 9980xe and RTX 2080ti in sli so no need to upgrade for two years so we need frequent bios and driver update in the long run

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: X299 DARK UEFI/BIOS Update Request 2020/07/26 21:16:30 (permalink)
    j8t2b
    Hi,

I'm formally requesting a UEFI/BIOS update for X299 DARK with updated ME/Management Engine FW (Firmware).

I'd be very thankful for such an update. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I use my machine mostly as a workstation. It's a fast one alright but yes as a workstation, and I'd feel more at ease, more peace of mind, if I were running the latest ME FW in my system firmware from Intel.

What would make me feel most at ease would be if EVGA UEFI/BIOS engineers could follow Microsoft recommendations/best practices for modern UEFI implementations...  And EVGA can likely even just ask AMI about it and they'll certainly know, and might even be able to simply send over documentation for quick/simple implementation or something. (Links to said references are to follow - show these to a UEFI/BIOS engineer and they'll know exactly what they're looking at, and, these Microsoft-endorsed enhancements will increase platform/firmware security by a great margin!)

Microsoft resources for tech-enthusiasts/the intrigued and the engineers:
    - (Everything under 'In this section' is highly relevant. The goal is for the firmware to allow for us to use Virtualization based security features like System Guard, System Guard Secure Launch* (not to be confused with Secure Boot, we have support for that now), Credential Guard, etc!

- (Explicit list and link to information on implementation of all that is listed - these must be implemented into the system firmware (UEFI/BIOS).

Just so you know - this is (mostly) a user to user help forum. To contact EVGA directly use this: https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

And to submit a ticket on your motherboard (if you registered it) use this: https://www.evga.com/support/ticket/support.aspx
    EVGATech_BrandonO
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 224
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X299 DARK UEFI/BIOS Update Request 2020/07/27 06:43:55 (permalink)
    This type of request you should message us by submitting a ticket here https://www.evga.com/support/ticket/support.aspx.
    In general you should find all BIOS/Drivers here: https://www.evga.com/support/download/.

Have a moment? Please rate our service
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile