EVGA

EVGA G3 PSU, ECO mode on, once the fan starts spinning, it always stays at the same speed.

Author
Mahmoud Saad
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/07/11 22:09:53 (permalink)
Hi,
I have a G3 850W PSU, I never used eco mode before but I thought why not!
Once I start a game, a minute later the fan starts spinning at a high speed but not loud thankfully.
When I close the game and eco mode should turn off the fan, it doesn't. it keeps running at the same speed, though the pc is completely idle.
Thanks.

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA G3 PSU, ECO mode on, once the fan starts spinning, it always stays at the same sp 2020/07/13 10:23:22 (permalink)
    should depend on the temp the PSU is seeing .... (you could open side of case,to maybe speed cooling) let PC cool .. does it ever slow down/stop after PSU cools

What case & case fans are you using ? 

What speed are your case fans running ... if case fans are controlled by MB - what device is monitored for temp to control fans ?

How is your CPU cooled ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Mahmoud Saad
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA G3 PSU, ECO mode on, once the fan starts spinning, it always stays at the same sp 2020/07/13 18:43:54 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    should depend on the temp the PSU is seeing .... (you could open side of case,to maybe speed cooling) let PC cool .. does it ever slow down/stop after PSU cools

What case & case fans are you using ? 

What speed are your case fans running ... if case fans are controlled by MB - what device is monitored for temp to control fans ?

How is your CPU cooled ?

Thanks for you response man.

While I was testing the eco mode I left the case open that whole night anyway and the room temp was normal (not hot or cold) about 30ish degrees Celsius and I think some of the components like ssd,hdd and the gpu was about 33-37 degrees.

The case is Cooler Master K550 and it has 2 fans one at the front (connected to the psu via molex) and one at the back running at 600 rpm

My cpu is cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED.

I thinks it was good enough for the PSU to turn off the fan, I even left it more than one hour and it didn't turn off the fan.

System specifications: 
    Asus Sabertooth P67 - I5 3570 - 8GB RAM - Sapphire RX 570 4GB.

Thanks.
    post edited by Mahmoud Saad - 2020/07/13 19:09:38
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile