Z390 ftw RGB Question's

Author
PrisonGuard
  • Total Posts : 38
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2020/06/11 04:34:06 (permalink)
Hello all,
Been trying to figure out Rgb lighting and having a hell of a time reading up on it. So I think I know a little about it, but still confused over it. The Most I have done with rgb lighting anything, is to use PrecisionX1 to set my Geforce rtx 2070 gpu to the color red and leave it. Rest of the lighting in my case is, I guess is 1 color Led lighting (red) on fans and Pump/res combo , and cpu water block on my current build. What I'm confused over is that I now own a Phanteks 719 case and it has D-Rgb(Argb?) lighting. I know that the Z390 ftw has 2 rgb header's that are 12v 1amp and that the Case Argb is 5v so they are not compatible. Here were I'm confused, Since getting the Case as a gift. I want to do Rgb lighting. I'm wanting fans, pump/res combo, Gpu, and Cpu lighting controlled without a hardwired remote. I'm think of keeping the Gpu color done with PrecisionX1 and hoping that I can connect Rgb corsair fans to the MB's Rgb header along with Cpu Rgb and control them the same way with that software? Will that work? The Phanteks case lighting, and lighting strip's will be Argb type, guess I will have to get D-rgb(argb) controller with actually remote that not a hardwired one. But which one, haven't got a clue. Or should I just get a controller that will control all lighting but the gpu and is not connected the Mb's rgb header's. Read that PrecisionX1 doesn't work well with other lighting software. Any help you can give me on figuring out my new build rgb lighting would be great. Thanks.
post edited by PrisonGuard - 2020/06/11 04:36:30

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Z390 ftw RGB Question's 2020/06/11 12:47:41 (permalink)
    12V & 5V is an issue & also even the Order of the RGB, GRB, RBG .. connection, as every Mfg can have a different "pin-out" .. too many variables

You'll need to be careful & do a deep dive for the specs of your hardware

There has been no universal adapted standard ... several brands do their own thing with hardware & software

I've use Cooler Master controller for fans in a Cooler Master Case with CM AIO & connected to a Gigabyte Z390 MB with precision for the GPU

took lots of homework

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

PrisonGuard
    • Total Posts : 38
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Z390 ftw RGB Question's 2020/06/27 11:39:12 (permalink)
    Well,
    I been kind of busy and haven't been able to keep up with my posting's. While helping out family members with these hard time's, I came up with a work around to my RGB and Addressable RGB problem. Decide not to use the Mobo rgb headers at all. I will use Corsair Icue program to run All my RGB, and to change them all over to Addressable RGB. So what that means is a new Cpu water block (Phanteks Glacier C350i) along with the phanteks 719 case Argb will all be connected to a Corsair Commander Pro with PirateDogTech cables (Corsair RGB to Aura/Mystic Light A-RGB Adapter). Along with all the Corsair QL series fans and lighting strips, running on Icue software. I still have to mod my old Hydro copper Gpu block I have on my Rtx 2070 card over to Addressable Rgb (which I found a Posting how to take it apart). So I will just wire up the new Argb lights (once trimmed to fit), I have coming straight to corsair commander pro. If anyone wonder about the cable to convert Aura/mystic lighting to Corsair lighting control, You can Find it at https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech. He has cable's to convert must stuff over from one type of light to the other for control.  
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Z390 ftw RGB Question's 2020/07/02 09:35:47 (permalink)
    I use Corsair Commander Prod and iCUE software quite religiously. Wonderful equipment.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile