EVGA

Is the RMA process a joke?

Author
k.doran02
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/07/01 17:00:12 (permalink)
I received a "new" 600w power supply about a month ago that had damage that I believed to be superficial. The box came sealed with a sticker and was in mint condition, so this was damaged before it was boxed. I am guessing this was likely someone elses RMA that they did not want to take a loss on and just re-boxed and put back into circulation.

I had been waiting some time for other parts so I was unable to return this to the company I bought it from by the time I opened it, and where the computer booted and worked was convinced the damage to the outside did not affect the power supply's functionality.

3 days later it stopped booting, switched it out with a 500w, ran my PC for a day with it, then switched back to the 600w just to confirm that it is in fact the power supply that is the issue. Checked on the website for what i should do, opened a ticket about a week ago and provided all documents and information requested. First, none of the text I added to my original ticket was actually added into the ticket. Where you only get a response once every 2 days, this resulted in additional delay. After relaying my issue again and waiting a few more days, I was told to submit an RMA with a specific ticket number. The ticket number I was specifically told to use is not valid.

So last night I get an email that now my invoice has been deleted "automatically" with zero explanation as to why, so this is going to result in at least another 2 day delay - with the holiday/weekend coming up I am guessing it will be more like a 4 day delay. One week after reaching out about the power supply that evga damaged then sold, I am no closer to having a functional computer. I also saw that the RMA process will take at least 7-14 days and that I will have to pay to ship mine back to them, and even at that point the RMA could still be rejected as it has physical damage (damage that evga shipped it with). So I am being asked to participate in what could be a 21 day process and pay more money, just to see if I might be able to get a replacement for an Evga quality control issue? Is this really how this works or am I doing something wrong?

10 Replies Related Threads

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/01 17:28:01 (permalink)
    if you got it from EVGA, they will have your invoice.   Have you called customer service on the phone to see what they can do?

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    k.doran02
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/01 17:40:09 (permalink)
    I actually received an email a few minutes after posting and had my RMA refused - I just got off the phone with them after attempting to follow up. The response I got is that there is absolutely no chance that it could have possibly been boxed and shipped if it was damaged (human error isn't a real thing at EVGA) and that they are certain it was damaged by me which is not covered in the warranty. Frankly, its insulting that they shipped me a damaged product and then told me that I damaged it. At least I now know that quality control at this company is non-existent, and that they could care less about selling faulty products.
    k.doran02
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/01 18:09:26 (permalink)
    At this point, they are blaming the company that I bought it from (outlet PC via newegg) suggesting that they are at fault. As a reasonable person, this is definitely possible. I have no way of telling who is actually at fault, but this has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth as both companies are pointing the finger at eachother.
    k.doran02
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/01 18:27:59 (permalink)
    Just for others who come across this, I am 99.9% certain the vendor I bought this from is the culprit rather than EVGA. I assumed I was getting it from somewhere trustworthy but can confirm many others have run into similar issues with products being re-boxed and sold. beware of Outlet PC 
    Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/01 18:38:42 (permalink)
    Outlet PC is similar to third part sellers on Amazon.  Ive gotten some shady stuff from them and avoid them.   Im assuming newegg had anything in it either.  I understand your frustration and hope you get reconciliation with outlet PC.  Theres always the BBB

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/01 19:07:26 (permalink)
    Allow me to clear a few things up for you. OutletPC is a authorized reseller/retailer of our products and they tend sell and ship products through Newegg and by their own website. They also have a dealer account with us as well when they RMA products so sometimes they will sell recertified items they get through us, although we have 0 control over their business practices. As the invoice shows it was sold and shipped by them and not Newegg our official authorized retailer, I would suggest to bring up the damage with them. However, if you wish not to deal with OutletPC, I would suggest to contact Newegg as it was sold on their Marketplace. I hope this clears up some confusion as we never would deny a RMA unless it was clear the physical damage happened by the consumer and even then we would escalate it for review and not tell you flat our no and I am sorry if it may have come off that way. 
    post edited by EVGATech_DanielM - 2020/07/01 20:26:55
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/01 20:12:22 (permalink)
    Hey Kevin

I left you a voicemail and I will be sending you a direct follow up email and we can resolve this for you :)
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/02 06:57:49 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    Hey Kevin

I left you a voicemail and I will be sending you a direct follow up email and we can resolve this for you :)

Wow, thats awesome. Evga stepping up to the plate for another home run huh?!?! @Kevin... Patience is a virtue for a reason. Grats to you for going about it the right way cause in the end the guys that work at evga are just human like the rest of us. If you are reasonable, as you were, they WILL go above and beyond to help you cause they are one of the few companies that sincerely seem to be able to empathize with the customers and WANT to help. Many of us have been here a long time cause Evga's customer service was always above and beyond. Not that they havent had there own hiccups here and there, but for the most part they are a damn good customer service company.
    Anyway, let me get off my soapbox, please update this thread with your end result... that helps others that may end up in a similar position have some hope and shows them what gets results. Nobody likes to be yelled at and berated.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    k.doran02
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/02 14:30:40 (permalink)
    Haha - beyond a home run in my opinion. Very appreciative of the help I have received from EVGA and will certainly follow up once everything is complete. If I was confident they were all back in the office, there'd have been a stack of pizzas there for lunch today (if you're back in the office let me know!).
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Is the RMA process a joke? 2020/07/02 20:00:25 (permalink)
    k.doran02
    Haha - beyond a home run in my opinion. Very appreciative of the help I have received from EVGA and will certainly follow up once everything is complete. If I was confident they were all back in the office, there'd have been a stack of pizzas there for lunch today (if you're back in the office let me know!).

HA! Yeah, i think if you dropped some pizzas out of the sky like that for them you would def end up with a smiley face next to your account and future errors would probably get solved VERY quick.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile