Modder brings firearms to The Witcher 3

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/06/27 01:35:49 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/modder_brings_firearms_to_the_witcher_3/1

Have you ever felt that The Witcher 3 needed a little more of the wild west? Want projectile weapons that pack more of a punch than Geralt's crossbow? This is where Roenaxx's "Firearms" mod comes into play, adding firearms to the game. Don't worry, this mod will not make Geralt's swordplay obsolete, or negate the usefulness of the game's crossbows. Firearms are "finisher" weapons, with limited ammo and ten distinct models. While these weapons are powerful, ammo will be in short supply, with the game offering seven ammo types across three quality tiers, offering a total of 27 ammo types if silver bullets are included. 

If Geralt's in a tricky situation, it may be time to dust off your hand cannon, a weapon with enough stopping power to finish off hardy foes. Need more ammo, you can craft that with the right materials, Geralt is an expert alchemist, so this feature isn't exactly immersion breaking. That said, guns are a strange addition to The Witcher 3. If you want to try something a little different with your next Witcher 3 playthrough, you can give this mod a try. If nothing else, this mod adds something a little more powerful to Geralt's ranged arsenal, even if Witchers typically dislike that kind of combat. 

Below is a short trailer which showcases The Witcher 3's Firearms mod. Roenaxx's Wither 3 Firearms mod is available to download at Nexus Mods

Personally I don't like adding firearms to a game that is trying to show an age before firearms were invented. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Modder brings firearms to The Witcher 3 2020/06/27 02:26:19 (permalink)
    Seems like it would change the game too much and it's not like I would play the game again with the addition of guns since it takes so much time to finish. Only mods I would use would be ones to make the game look better visually but I don't feel those are needed since it's still a great looking game.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Modder brings firearms to The Witcher 3 2020/06/27 21:23:37 (permalink)
    I couldn't imagine adding guns to a game that imo is still one of the best, it'll just be ruined by doing so.
    _2100_
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 415
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Modder brings firearms to The Witcher 3 2020/06/28 07:00:03 (permalink)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile